Assetto Corsa Round 5 Lausitzring GP

Discussion in 'ADAC Formula 4 Closed' started by John vd Geest, May 21, 2023.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up.

2. Edward Jones

Edward Jones Pro Driver Donator

I'm getting the dreaded checksum error. I've tried everything my pc-challenged brain can think of but no luck. I did get the track from here.

3. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Ed I think you have an earlier version of the track installed. It has been updated from v1.40 to v1.51 and the newer version is what's installed on the server. Try uninstalling v1.40 from your AC client and re-downloading v1.51 from this link https://simracingonline.co.uk/resources/lausitzring.667/

• Like Like x 2
  4. Kai Syvertsen

Kai Syvertsen Pro Driver

Server down ?

5. Ken Jagger

It's back up again Kai :)

6. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

It could be handy to change the download (link) at the event page, which still points to the old version.

7. Ken Jagger

The DL link was updated on 27th March and does actually point to the v1.51 version, it was only the original label that still stated v1.40 which I've now changed.

8. Paul Upham

Paul Upham Pro Driver

Well that was more like dodgems or bumper cars. After a few bumps and squeezing in to the wall on the front straight, my car just felt like crap and I was loosing focus so i decided to just park it. Hopefully the next will be better...

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Was not my best race either, felt a bit like Zandvoort but even more extrem. I reached a point where every attempt to push more resulted in a spin. So I was boxed in there and tried to just bring it home. Although my strategy was a shamble...

One other thing, sorry Scott - I assume that was a misunderstanding. There was a gap and I was not sure what to expect, because removing your fast "inlap" time I was also in front of you (49.9 vs 49.7). Without that I would have done things differently, although I think that was not fully my fault.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2023
  10. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

That makes sense, I should've known you were suppose to be ahead of me. Frustrating cars and frustrating real life lately have me out of my mental focus zone.
    And in general, AC doesn't seem to agree with me..

• Like Like x 1
  11. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

One to forget. Was doing well given I didn't get any practice in before qualifying and was comfortable in 4th and looking to move forwards.
    Then I got collected in someone else's' accident and was spun off into the weeds.
    Rejoined a fair way back and think I may have managed to get back to about 5th? Looks like my fight with Michal is down to the last round and just a tad in his favour!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Oli Bateson

Oli Bateson Pro Driver Donator

No practice so was off the pace at the start. Managed to stay with the back of the pack but I seemed to be missing out on straight line speed, probably running too much wing ( I was on 3 rear and -2 front). One or two spins like most I think but I ended up having a fun scrap with Ed towards the end so glad I raced to the finish. Grats podium and c u all next round.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Ken Jagger

Same as me Oli but I didn't seem particularly slow on the straights, other than the bit of draft that a following car picks up. One of the big differences between speeds is noticeable when you look at how much more speed the faster guys usually carry onto the straights, which allows the car to hit top speed sooner/longer.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Ken Jagger

After looking at the replay it shows four drivers used Wet Tyres during at least some part of the race o_O If these tyres give a better, albeit shorter, performance advantage then using them in a totally dry race in my view constitutes an unfair advantage and also unsportsmanlike behaviour.
    Would any of those who did use these please like to comment before the SRO Admin Team decide on what action regarding the results is taken? I don't expect to hear that it was a mistake from anybody, when clearly four people used them.

15. Kai Syvertsen

Kai Syvertsen Pro Driver

Wet tires aren't even an option Ken!:)
    I raced with Ai, so some of the Ai drivers had wet tires

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Ken Jagger

You know I was going to load AC and check the tyre options, but I should've remembered there was only the softs available for this car. :oops::eek: More haste, less speed next time :D.
    The replay did show "grooved" tyres on four cars as in this example, so does anybody have any ideas on that?

AC Wet Tyre RSS4.jpg

17. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

The tires are part of that skin pack Ken - same as the rest of us have just with a massive height map in one of the files

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

If I'd known it would cause so much confusion I'd have made mine into Mud terrain tires :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Kai Syvertsen

Kai Syvertsen Pro Driver

3.4.5.8.11.15.16.21. At least Ai water tires were visible in those numbers

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Ken Jagger

Thanks for clarifying this Tim, you are now the unofficial (and unpaid) AC Technical Advisor to SRO. :D;)

• Like Like x 1