rFactor 2 Round 5 Longford 1967 - Sun Jun 2, 2024

Discussion in 'GT Revival 1960s Championship Closed' started by John vd Geest, Feb 23, 2024.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

GT revival 60s banner.jpg

YOU HAVE TO USE THE SAME CAR THROUGHOUT THE SERIES THAT YOU CHOOSE FOR YOUR FIRST EVENT.

* WELCOME TO ROUND 5 LONGFORD 1967 *

Longford Tasmania 1960s Motor Racing

The Longford Circuit was a temporary motor racing course laid out on public roads at Longford, 23-kilometre (14 mi) south-west of Launceston in Tasmania, Australia. It was located on the northern edges of the town and its 7.242 km (4.500 mi) lap passed under a railway line viaduct, crossed the South Esk River via the wooden Kings Bridge, turned hard right at the doorstep of the Longford Hotel, passed over the railway line using a level crossing and traversed the South Esk again via another wooden structure, the Long Bridge.

The circuit was in use from 1953 to 1968.

History
    Its first race meeting was held in 1953, the Australian Grand Prix was staged there in 1959 and 1965 and the track hosted a round of the Tasman Series each year from 1964 to 1968. It was also the venue for the single race 1962 Australian Touring Car Championship (at 7.242 km (4.500 mi), Longford is the longest circuit ever used in the ATCC), the Australian Tourist Trophy in 1960, 1964 & 1966 and a round of the Australian Drivers' Championship each year from 1958 to 1965. Its use as a motor racing venue was curtailed due to financial issues, following the running of the 1968 Tasman Series meeting.

longford.jpg

Last edited: Feb 24, 2024
  2. John vd Geest

Server is up 2.png

• Like Like x 1
  3. David Cruickshank

David Cruickshank Pro Driver

Hi, First race for me in this league. I'm one of the admins over at SR4L where we do mostly history stuff.
    I Love Longford track so I have to take part for this race. Found the league by watching one of your live streams with Rob Milliken commentating, what a great job he does.
    My goal is just to finish and try not drive into a farmers field :D. Who will be the first to do that in race? :D

Only 12 pit boxes in the pitlane. This means you could be sharing with 2 other drivers.
    I do have software that I wrote that can tell everyone who they are sharing with before the race. This way you can look out for the person (or persons) you are sharing with. If you want me to do that in warmup 'John vd Geest', let me know.
    I guess everyone doing 2 pitstops?
    Good luck
    DJC

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. John vd Geest

Hi David, welcome to SRO.
    Great offer, but how will you let 26 guys in warmup know who they're sharing with in only 5 minutes of warmup?
    Can you give us the procedure of how that works? How will I know? Does everyone have to ask you? Or will you type a list?

5. David Cruickshank

David Cruickshank Pro Driver

I press one button and the software types the pit sharing data into my chat box and everyone gets it as if I typed it. It's instant, it takes less than a second to do.

• Like Like x 2
  6. John vd Geest

Briljant, let's do it!
    Thanks for the service :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Guys, I'm sorry to say no broadcast for round 5 .. My band has several gigs coming up and we have a new sax player filling in for the next gig & the only day everyone is available for practice is this Sunday, race day, so I will not be available.. After that, we're off to Canada for a week but I will be back for the final round on the 16th (my flight gets in Saturday night around midnight my time so I will be in a rush to get it ready the show must-go on:eek::D)
    Have a great race everyone!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

Have fun Rob!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. John vd Geest

Yeah, real life also goes on. Have a good one, Rob. Rock & Roll!

Guys, let's put on our own onboard YouTube/Twitch cameras and post it here after the race as a substitute for missing Rob!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2024
  10. John vd Geest

[​IMG]

Drivers briefing

1. This broadcasted is cancelled due to real life getting in the way for Rob.

2. Lonford 1967 Conditions
    1) The race will start at 02:00 PM (in-game time of course)
    2) Time acceleration is normal. Fuel = 2x / This forces a pitstop. Tyres = 3x / The tyres give good grip, but are rock-hard on 1x and almost don't wear.
    3) Cut Track points are set to 6
    4) 100% damage
    5) This event has a standing start without formation lap
    6) This is a dry race
    7) Qualification is set to "private". That means that you will be alone on track so you can put in your best time without traffic (point 3 qual rule still applies).
    8) In race conditions the pitlane speed limit is 370 km/h. Do not cross the yellow pit lane line on entry. Stay on the right side of the yellow line from the beginning.
    9) YOU HAVE TO USE THE SAME CAR THROUGHOUT THE SERIES THAT YOU CHOOSE FOR YOUR FIRST EVENT.

3. The use of the Esc. key in Qualification
    Use of the Esc key during Qualifying is the equivalent of stopping your car and getting out. This may be done only in your pit stall. There are very few exceptions to this rule. Here are the only two we will currently consider. These exceptions are subject to change at any time:
    - You run out of fuel in the pit lane before reaching your pit stall.

If you use the Esc key in any location other than your pit stall, your Qualifying session is over and you may not return to the track.

4. You can find the password for the race server on the Longford 67 event page.

5. Unregistering in time if you can't make it.

6. Please use the
    SAME NAME in the rFactor 2 game as on our SRO signup list or it won't match in our automated result processing.

You can change your name in the rFactor 2 "Profile" menu.

7. If you plan to PROTEST another driver, you have to wait 24 hours counting from the end of the race.

Any protest filed before that time will be viewed as not received. You can find the rules about submitting a protest here.

8. You can find the server by typing SRO or the track name. Add the server to your favorites so you can always find it.
    If you can't find the server in the rFactor 2 server list, you can access this way:
    1. click on this link: https://simracepackages.lima-city.de/rF2server/
    2. scroll down to "SRO" (it's alphabetical)
    3. choose the correct server and Join with the password (see point 4 above)
    4. the server will start automatically and will take you to the event

[​IMG]

Last but not least ...
    SIMRACINGONLINE wishes you a great race!
    And always remember that your fellow SRO members have also put in a lot of time practising for this race,
    so please be careful and respectful with your buddies. :)

If you have questions, please ask them below.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  11. John vd Geest

PITTING IN THE RACE

On Longford, it's possible that you share a pit box with someone else.
    To avoid having your pit box occupied, keep an eye on the driver who shares the same pit box with you to see if he is pitting.

It will also help to try and keep as much to the right side of the pit box if you are the first one in, so the other guy has room to pit on the left side of the box at the same time.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Oli Bateson

Oli Bateson Pro Driver Donator

Sorry for the late dereg, I wont be able to make this one or the next. Ive enjoyed the series though, so hope we get more historix in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  13. John vd Geest

The Group C from the 90s on Sunday is next :)

• Like Like x 3
  14. Paul Upham

Paul Upham Pro Driver

Well, had high hopes. Same braking point but different down shifts and i didn't slow enough for the final corner. Thank you so much to Tony for your valiant effort to try and get me off the bales but my engine had already blown from trying. lol
    Thought I would do better, but that's the way it goes...

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  15. Nick Westy

Nick Westy Pro Driver Donator

got a good start without blowing the engine this time and was 3 wide with Michal and Matias heading down to the first corner, the porsche was no match for them in a straight line and I fell behind but under braking managed to get ahead of them both before the tunnel, was behind toni who then went wide at the corner with the open gate and flipped it, just managed to avoid him, was surprised I could match the mustangs for laptime as they were rocket ships on the straight, but both of them decided to throw it at the scenery in short order and found myself in 2nd then David had a disconnect and I was in the lead, thought the luck was finally going my way for once in this series as I was leading and could keep Michal in the cobra out of slipstream range, but then disaster struck, there was a yellow going into the tunnel under the bridge, I assumed it was Kirilov still in the ditch (which he was) but there was a white fence post in the middle of the track on the right hander just after the tunnel which was impossible to avoid which pitched me into the barrier and out of the race, I was gutted to say the least, and had to console myself watching Kirilov try to get out of the ditch (which he finally did!). It was fun while it lasted.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2024
    • Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

Q Ok lap, not perfect, but setup had something wrong so did a little blind change for race again.
    R setup change felt great but start was super awkvard having those phat Mustangs on my way on corners and brakings so had to be super careful and that made me brake atleast 100 meters before i wanted everytime. That messed up my driving and while doing that, had to be careful since not everyone seems to be aware that different cars brake in different marks and got hit once too. Anyhow that made me do mistake and spin car.
    Had to wait whole field allmost and turning car around here is no laughing matter ( or it actually probably is :) ) only to spin again.
    All that mess had me serioous aero damage which made offpace 1.5 seconds per lap. Decided to just drive it nevertheless and was going ok until i saw @Paul Upham up there on top of haystacks.. he looked miserable so thought: "I got you buddy!" so hit reverse, tried to push him down and then he disapperared. I actually thought i pushed him over and he fell somewhere..oops my bad :D
    Anyhow as the race progressed my pit buddy was in middle of it so had to wait for few seconds and for next one took little more fuel and pitted early.
    Think i was racing for 4th spot, or had little chance for it, in the end and pushed as hard as i could. Less top speed, well i just brake later then and that worked for 52 minutes but finally spun on end stages and called if for the day.

Cant do the last if remember right as im working every weekend from now on so have a good one. Really enjoyed these cars and as season progressed, found more pace, since had more knowledge of the car. Dont practice that much on my freetime. Could have won some races too, maybe 2-3, if all went optimal during the season but messed it up, with beer or stupid work or spinning around.

cheers,

Toni

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Grats MIchal for the win!. Congrats to my teammate Mark on second! One up for the team. I decided to go fishing I'd say for over a minute it felt like? I was last and everyone was gone! Caught some trout. Next lap, seen the Kiril and Paul catch some jealousy and decided to hit the same pond. Good fishing there. Anyways, not a bad race considering where I finished. Wanted to bring up a point of patience. At the start, the majority were braking. I was waiting in line like many others since the road isn't wide. There were quite a few that had no patience and couldn't wait. Bunch of people off-roading Come on guys. It's a long race. And then, as you expect, crashes everywhere. I had to dodge cars left and right and then that's when I said, forget this, I'm going fishing. It's dangerous and your putting others at risk. Patience is key. I know these are hollow words for some but come on. After that field trip, everyone was cool and enjoyable. Other than that, It was fun with all.

Cheers.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2024
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. John vd Geest

Race report ...

I don't like to be part of a minority, so I also DNF'd.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

What a mess (not surprising - I remember that massive pile-up with the mclaren M23), I avoided everything of that by driving carefully but suddenly after my last stop, a disconnect struck. Cannot catch a break although I am not the only one this time, and shared pain is les pain, I guess...

Im looking forward to Bathurst and what will go wrong there.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. I'm very sorry I didn't make the race today without unregistering, but my mum passed away suddenly this afternoon and I just got back home. Hope you all had a good race.

• Friendly Friendly x 7