rFactor 2 Round 5 Magnificent Park Cancelled for Daimler 2022

Discussion in 'Alfa Romeo World Challenge Closed' started by John vd Geest, Feb 27, 2023.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

2. John vd Geest

Magnificent Park is cancelled and replaced by Daimler 2022.

After the S397 build update the grafics of Magnificent Part are a mess. All the graphics have a film of blue over them.

I have replaced it with the track Daimler 2022, which is a very interesting track to race on.

3. Neil Wood

Neil Wood Pro Driver Donator

Is this a fantasy track?

4. John vd Geest

Yes, but if you don't like that, you can all submit your own suggestion and most votes wins.
    But try it first. It's really a cool track.

5. Neil Wood

No judgement... just needed to set up my overlays. I assumed it was set in Germany.

6. John vd Geest

It does not say on Steam, but since it is called Daimler, I figure it is.

7. John vd Geest

Sorry Neil, when I started the pass, there was a gap to the apex, but when I saw that I made a mistake, it was too late to back out.
    I waited for you on track and I did a drive-through as my penalty.

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  8. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

This track was really good, i liked it.
    My preparation for this went to learning the track so my racecraft was little behind. I though people ahead of me are going to pit aswell so all i had to do was keep the distance. Little i knew...
    Good race!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Good racing guys. Congrats Tim on your win. Good racing Toni. Grats all on the finish.

Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Neil Wood

I glanced at my mirrors, heard no spotter so went for my apex... then spotter said car inside on the apex but it was already too late. I don't know if it was this hit, or my hit with @Edward Jones that made my car undrivable so I had to pit for repairs. I will review my VOD and see what exactly happened.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Neil Wood

I hated the chicanes on this track. Some corners had bumps right in the braking zones which made things really hard. So many blind apexes and double apexes! I enjoyed that I could race side by side with some of you tonight. Tight on fuel, maybe should have opted for hard tyres in the end. Probably would have made it, but may have dropped off a bit.

12. Tim Cartwright

Tim Cartwright Pro Driver

I really like racing this car but the fastest 60 minute race on paper is beginning to always work out that it is no stop on softs with engine running lean. Doesn't give very much scope to race hard.

Was hoping Toni was going long also. Good race everyone even if we were all a bit spread out by the end:).

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1