rFactor 2 Round 5 Neva Ring - Sat Dec 02, 2023

Discussion in 'USF2000 Awesome Club Track Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, Aug 27, 2023.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

WELCOME TO ROUND 5 NEVA RING

Neva Ring, Saint-Petersburg, Russia
    This is a fully reworked track by ToS187, which was updated early by Schumi, Heikki21 and Corti.

This beautiful and not simple track was built in 1958. The track was closed in 1977 due to the death of Soviet pilot Alexander Lebedev and the reconstruction of the Kirov Stadium.
    The track received a new life in 1993 during the races of the Russian championship. The track has firmly entered the racing life of Russia, but the new reconstruction of the Kirov Stadium that has begun has put an end to racing on this legendary track. The last race was held in 2006.

rFactor 2 - Neva Ring 2006 - Hyundai i30N TCR 2019

Last edited: Aug 28, 2023
  2. John vd Geest

Server is up 2.png

I have put in 5 AI drivers at 110% as a bench mark.
    You can now also do a test race against them.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2023
  3. John vd Geest

[​IMG]

Drivers briefing

1. All 6 events of this series will be broadcasted
    Broadcaster: Rob Milliken

2. Neva Ring Conditions
    1) The race will start at 02:00 PM (in-game time of course)
    2) Time acceleration is normal. Fuel and Tires are set to normal.
    3) Cut Track points are set to 10
    4) 100% damage
    5) This event has a Formation lap with a standing start

3. The use of the Esc. key in Qualification
    Use of the Esc key during Qualifying is the equivalent of stopping your car and getting out. This may be done only in your pit stall. There are very few exceptions to this rule. Here are the only two we will currently consider. These exceptions are subject to change at any time:
    1. You run out of fuel in pit lane before reaching your pit stall.
    2. You sustain damage to your car as a result of another driver and cannot make it back to your pit stall. You must prove your qualifying session was wrecked by another driver and that you made an attempt to return to pit lane.

If you use the Esc key in any location other than your pit stall, your Qualifying session is over and you may not return to the track.

6. You can find the password for the race server on the Neva Ring event page.

7. You can find the server by first typing sro

8. Unregistering in time if you can't make it.

9. Please use the
    same name in the rFactor 2 game as on our signup list or it won't match in our automated result processing.

10. If you plan to PROTEST another driver, you have to wait 24 hours counting from the end of the race.
    Any protest filed before that time will be viewed as not received. You can find the rules about submitting a protest here.

Last but not least ... SIMRACINGONLINE wishes you a great race!

If you have questions, please ask them below.

4. John vd Geest

This round has been re-scheduled to Saturday December 02.

• Like Like x 2
  5. John vd Geest

The driver's briefing above still applies.

6. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

Was so reckless at early stages while trying desperately keep up with @Kiril Kirilov so i hit grass often and finally after couple close calls in last corner, i hit wall and broke steering with gave me tilted wheel.
    Game over but kept position so ok i guess.

7. John vd Geest

Good job keeping 2nd after all that!!

8. John vd Geest

Great broadcast, Rob. Very enjoyable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Robin Taylor

Robin Taylor Pro Driver Donator

Good race all, Congrats to the podium, Apologies again @John vd Geest I tried to do a Max Verstappen move on you into T1 but clearly I'm not Max Verstappen :( Enjoyed the battle, not really a track for overtaking though, On to the next :cool: Anyone else have an issue at the start? couldn't see any lights so I was waiting for the Horns to go off but only heard one, which made me lose the place to John. Another Great broadcast @Rob Milliken

Last edited: Dec 2, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Neil Wood

Neil Wood Pro Driver Donator

No idea... I watched the flag man drop his flag for green.

• Like Like x 1
  11. John vd Geest

It's not the same on every mod track, so I watch the timer to start. That also makes me react faster.

12. Neil Wood

Stream VOD

Didn't get on with this track, the track limits were weird and inconsistent. The kerbs we high and it was a lottery going over them if your car would react badly.

I put in a personal best in qually but it still wasn't enough to be on the pace. Got a reasonable start and got up the inside of 1 car into T1. Desparately tried to keep with the bunch of cars ahead but they would soon pull away. With just over 24 mins to go I dipped a wheel on the grass on the exit to the bus stop and thankfully didn't hit anything, down to 9th I went!

I then had to chase my team mate @Ben Summers and @Sami Vierimaa down ahead. Ben seemed to get very close and I think pushed Sami into a mistake near the end of the lap, Ben got by and I followed him through.... it's as if we planned a team manoeuver (we didn't! :D). A few laps following Ben and catching @Karl Strouhal. With just over 18 mins to go whilst going through the bus stop at the end of the lap, Karl spun. Ben went right, I went left (I did have more time to react). I seemed to choose the right direction but Ben unfortunately couldn't avoid Karl's car.

With only 3 minutes to go I passed a pitting @Robin Taylor car and then just had to pace myself to the finish alone. I hoped with a couple of cars close I might get more freebies but it wasn't to be, 5th place in the end!

I can't wait for this season to be over, not on the pace with this car at all! See you in South Africa!! :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. John vd Geest

Not being on the pace and still finishing 5th ... I say why bother practicing at all !! :D
    I think you will like the last round at Zwartkops. It's really straight forward and fun.
    By the way, if you like open wheelers, you should consider joining the last F1 race at Yas Marina 2023. I will give you a setup if you do :)
    Normally we sit with only ca. 15 guys on the grid because of last minute cancellations.

14. Neil Wood

It's just I can't get the hang of how to drive this car fast, it's weird. Kinda wish we still had the 18 drivers from round 1 :(

I can't drive high downforce open wheels. My heavy right foot can't cope.... all the scenery just arrives too fast for my brain to cope what is going on! :D

15. John vd Geest

Yeah, where you perceiver, others quite :)

Oohh, yeah that's a good reason. :D