rFactor 2 Round 5 Norisring

Discussion in 'DTM 2024 Cosed' started by Ken Jagger, May 20, 2024.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

2. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

graphics crashed on me aka pwned by amd.
    intstalled new driver yesterday and apparently still have to go back to 2 years old driver to make games work :)

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Roman Granatovich

Roman Granatovich Pro Driver

It’s strange, the engine burned out with grill 4, before that it was possible to race with grill 2. Congratulations Robin, great victory. But still we are driving different cars. I don’t have this Blip, TC=2, ABS=1, Clutch, Lift and I couldn’t even try it, when I try to install TC or Lift the game tells me that such a function is impossible. But I will finish the last race without these assistants, I hope I can finish differently than today

4. Ken Jagger

Unlucky if that was the problem Toni. Usually you need to make sure you have the latest drivers according to the hardware companies.
    Maybe a feature of this track using full throttle a lot of the time influenced it, or maybe you had one to many over-revs on gear changes? I think I was on Radiator 5.
    Auto clutch, Lift & Blip are settings you can edit in your player.json file which is in the *\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player folder as per this example:
    "DRIVING AIDS":{
    "Antilock Brakes":1,
    "Auto Blip":true,
    "Auto Blip#":"Whether to automatically blip with manual shifting but auto-clutch (non-semiautomatic trans only)",
    "Auto Clutch":1,
    "Auto Headlights":true,
    "Auto Headlights#":"Adds an automatic options and set it to the default setting. Automatically turn on and off headlights dependent on weather conditions.",
    "Auto Lift":true,
    "Auto Lift#":"Whether to automatically lift with manual shifting but auto-clutch (non-semiautomatic trans only)",
    "Auto Shift Override Time":0.55,

TC & ABS are rF2 settings which have been enabled on the server to replicate what was available on these cars. Default keys are F8 & F9 to change available settings.

5. Roman Granatovich

Thanks for the information, Ken.

Regarding the engine, it was surprising that there was no overheating signal and subsequent smoke, as usually happens on this car. Just suddenly there was a flame. But nothing terrible, there is a positive moment, successful qualification and a competitive fight in the race.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Nick Westy

Nick Westy Pro Driver Donator

I noticed the water temps were climbing and thought it was the damage I had at the front so increased grille to 7 at the stop to be safe, probably went too far with it but after what happened to roman, glad I did.

It was a nice fireshow roman anyhow, I nearly lost the rear of the car and 2nd place to ken at the end watching it lol.

Interesting strategy Ken, I thought you might have set the server to rain or something at the end as was wondering why you were staying out so long, I was pushing hard to stay out of DRS range on older tyres, nearly had me at the end.

fantastic drive by my team mate robin to take the win, best i've seen from him, puts us on the front foot for the teams championship going into the final round.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Robin Taylor

Robin Taylor Pro Driver Donator

Good race all, wasn't expecting to be up at the front.. Good fight with Roman, Perfect result for the Black cats :cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Roman Granatovich

I tested F8 and F9 on the Norisring. Of course, I assumed that we were driving different cars, but I didn’t think that were so different. TC here is of course a pure bonus, which is a bit of a pity, I love it when in simulators, on the contrary, driving without a TC gives an advantage. but that's not the case with this car. :)

9. Ken Jagger

I always expect that if the real car had these options then they should drive better when using them. In a sim they should reflect that and if you can drive faster without them then the developers have not done their job right.