Project Cars 2 Round 5 Oschersleben B

Discussion in 'KTM X-Bow R Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Nov 17, 2022.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

2. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

Oschersleben A or B ? Server is on A, but in the race description it is B. B was intended, because at the end of our series we prefer short tracks.

3. Ken Jagger

My Bad. The server has now been reset with layout B.

4. Gerhard Hofmann

I am fine with both, but i wanted clearification for the mates. Thank you Ken :)

5. Roman Granatovich

Roman Granatovich Pro Driver

Philip, please explain to me why you knocked me out of the track so many times and even did it three times when I overtook you in a circle? maybe I offended you with something or hooked you on the track, I always try to givs space for my rivals. It was so dirty and disgusting that I had already lost the habit of such behavior even on open servers. Very bad

6. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

To be honest, I did not notice any of that, other than that there was a car (I think your car) lagging and flying all over the place. But I felt no contact and my car was fine the whole race.

So I am not sure what to do about that. I am sorry that you suffered because of this but I do not think it is my fault. In August this year, I had the same issue, Viktor Takács run me of in a similar fashion and described the same. He did not see my car, while non of the other drivers noticed the same behavior. See https://simracingonline.co.uk/threads/round-4-ruapuna-park-gp.33449/ So I think that is a bug of PC2. Or did this time anyone else noticed a lagging car too, whether it was mine or Romans? Or what does the replay show?

Maybe a good moment to leave PC2 behind me, because that should not be possible. It is up to you Roman, if I should should give it another try or not. That is the only thing I can offer.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Gerhard Hofmann

Grats podium, esp. Scott. We had a great fight, i succeeded on the track but lost it in the pits :eek:.
    I will miss the last round because of an eye surgery, but try to be back very soon. Good luck to all of you.

@Phillip: no good idea to leave PC2 now, a small and stable community is established, you are an important
    part of it. All sims have som techn. issues, so we have to deal with it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Roman Granatovich

Roman Granatovich Pro Driver

It's very unfortunate that this is happening. But that's not a problem, at least not as bad as if it was done on purpose. I think the problem is in the short track. In PC2, short versions of tracks often cause heavy lags even for those drivers who usually don't have lags, even the lightest ones.

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Julian Smith

Julian Smith Pro Driver

Ok guys I did watch the replay and I can see the tussle between @Roman Granatovich and @Philipp Pichler on some occasions in that race, I have raced with Phillipp on a few occasions and I have to say in my opinion he's a clean racer like everyone I have come across, so I can only think that there was an issue in that race between your two cars on the server.
    I have heard of it before where one car does not see another on occasions in PC2 so I don't believe it was deliberate.
    Shame it was a difficult race with Issues for you both.
    Hopefully It is a rare problem and does not happen often.
    We have a good PC2 community so don't want to lose anyone and most accidents that do happen are just accidental mistakes.
    Thanks to all and good racing.:)

• Like Like x 3
  10. Julian Smith

Julian Smith Pro Driver

Good luck with the surgery Gerhard, see you on track when you get back .

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ken Jagger

Unfortunately PC2 seems to have some odd behaviour with it's scoring/results and I'm not sure if it can always be explained. I suspect some of it is to do with where other cars are positioned on track when the leader crosses the line for the final time i.e. which sector they are in at that point in time. Some of the things seen tonight though I think are because some guys didn't complete their final racing lap after seeing the "Race is over" message, which actually only indicates that the leader has completed his final lap. You should always carry on until you see the Chequered Flag when you cross the line.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Yep, fingers crossed or "toi toi toi" Gerhard!

@Julian Smith Thanks for checking the replay.
    I thought about it more carefully and if you can at least deduce from the flying/lagging car that something like this could happen, then you can somehow deal with it. In that case, it's better to park the car. And depending on how often something like that happens, you then feel like continuing to race PC2, or not.

We will see, let's hope for the best.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

Great fight Gerhard!
    Roman, during the race I saw your car pass overhead many times, and on my replay it never showed you on the track the whole race, where I didnt see anyone else with lag. Bummer.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Gerhard Hofmann

Thank you Scott, i enjoyed every single lap.

• Like Like x 2