rFactor 2 Round 5 Spa 2018

Discussion in 'GP3 2018 International Trophy Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Nov 24, 2022.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

2. Gilles da'Silva

Gilles da'Silva Pro Driver Donator

I recently upgraded my wheel and pedals and I'm still trying to get comfortable with them.
    Lap one, turn one, I jumped on the clutch instead of the brake (!) and punted Ken into another car. Apologies to Ken and to the other driver.
    My wheel has gone from a miserly 6 buttons to an overkill of 30 programmable buttons, knobs and dials. None of which are conveniently placed and I can't see any of them as I race in VR. I was so busy trying to find the right knobs to organise a pit stop, that I drove past the pit entrance. And of course I made the rookie mistake of not having enough fuel for another lap. I drove slowly, hoping to get round to the pits again with the fuel I had. Tried to stay off the racing line and keep out of peoples way, but the very first car to come along made heavy contact (don't know if it was my fault, but apologies anyway to whomever it was).
    Made it to the pits by driving slowly, but because I was going so slow, I didn't realise I had damage from the contact. I cancelled repairs, left the pits and spun. Realised I needed repairs so drove slowly back to the pits again to repair the damage.
    Selected 'repair damage' but didn't notice that I nudged the encoder back to 'do not repair'. Left the pits, damage not repaired, spun. slowly back to pits again, repaired damage.
    Typical day at the races.
    Apologies to anyone i might have hindered while circulating even slower than my normal snail speed.

• Informative Informative x 1