rFactor 2 Round 5 Spa Francorshamps - Sun Aug 18, 2024

Discussion in 'MAK-CORP SWC GROUP C 1990s' started by John vd Geest, May 11, 2024.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

[​IMG]

WELCOME TO ROUND 5 SPA FRANCORSHAMPS

- THIS RACE WILL 100% DRY AND ALL DAYLIGHT.
    - THE PIT LANE SPEED LIMIT IS 400 KM/H ON THIS TRACK.
    - YOU HAVE TO KEEP THE SAME CAR THAT YOU SELECT FOR YOUR FIRST EVENT.

The 1990 480 km of Spa was the fourth round of the 1990 World Sportscar Championship season, taking place at Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium. It took place on June 3, 1990.

1989 World Sportscar Championship | Round 7 | Spa

Last edited: Aug 10, 2024
  2. John vd Geest

GROUP C - Dans la Porsche 962C Kremer à Spa-Francorchamps

3. John vd Geest

Server is up 2.png

• Like Like x 1
  4. Maddie Shepherd

Maddie Shepherd Pro Driver

The final chicane is going to be an absolute killer here. Kerbs are lethal and it's much tighter than I remember.

5. Michael LaBelle

Michael LaBelle Pro Driver

rFactor 1 revisited. Didn't like the Bus Stop then, still don't. :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

Its totally awesome track. Rough, fast and treacherous!
    Going to be soaking sweat if finish.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Ok, temptation got the better of me and I have some spare time so I'll be there tomorrow. lol.

I'll probably be at the back but will try my best to be competitive.

Spent a few nights on a livery, I've been curious about the disruptive camouflage on fighter jets, so I've applied a design to the 787B, also added in the league sponsor.

Never done a design like this before so I'm pretty pleased with it and Group C cars are made for this type of "all over" style livery.

I need to do the suit and helmet (and possibly the wheel covers to) but that will do for now. Hopefully it will appear on the server and broadcast, most of my liveries don't for some reason. haha.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 17, 2024
    • Like Like x 8
  8. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

Just amazing!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. John vd Geest

[​IMG]

Drivers briefing

1. All 6 events of this series will be broadcasteded
    Broadcaster: Rob Milliken
    [​IMG]

2. Spa Francorshamps 1988 Conditions
    1) The race will start at 02:00 PM (in-game time of course).
    2) Time acceleration = Normal. Fuel = normal / Tires = normal
    3) Cut Track points are set to 6
    4) 100% damage
    5) Race weather = 100% Dry.
    6) Qualification is set to "private". That means that you will be alone on track so you can put in your best time without traffic (point 3 qual rule still applies).
    7) YOU HAVE TO USE THE SAME CAR THROUGHOUT THE SERIES THAT YOU CHOOSE FOR YOUR FIRST EVENT.

HOW WE START THE RACE

1. The pole sitter leads the Formation Lap at approximately 120 km/h.
    2. The Formation Lap is done in single file.
    3. When the Pole Sitter
    EXITS the La Source Hairpin after the bus stop, the race STARTS.
    4. You can not overtake anyone BEFORE you exit the La Source hairpin.

3. The use of the Esc. key in Qualification
    Use of the Esc key during Qualifying is the equivalent of stopping your car and getting out. This may be done only in your pit stall. There are very few exceptions to this rule. Here are the only two we will currently consider. These exceptions are subject to change at any time:
    - You run out of fuel in the pit lane before reaching your pit stall.

If you use the Esc key in any location other than your pit stall, your Qualifying session is over and you may not return to the track.

4. You can find the password for the race server on the Spa Francorshamps event page.

5. Unregistering in time if you can't make it.

6. Please use the
    SAME NAME in the rFactor 2 game as on our SRO signup list or it won't match in our automated result processing.

You can change your name in the rFactor 2 "Profile" menu.

7. If you plan to PROTEST another driver, you have to wait 24 hours counting from the end of the race.

Any protest filed before that time will be viewed as not received. You can find the rules about submitting a protest here.

8. You can find the server by typing SRO or the track name. Add the server to your favorites so you can always find it.
    If you can't find the server in the rFactor 2 server list, you can access this way:
    1. click on this link: https://simracepackages.lima-city.de/rF2server/
    2. scroll down to "SRO" (it's alphabetical)
    3. choose the correct server and Join with the password (see point 4 above)
    4. the server will start automatically and will take you to the event

[​IMG]

Last but not least ...
    SIMRACINGONLINE wishes you a great race!
    And always remember that your fellow SRO members have also put in a lot of time practising for this race,
    so please be careful and respectful with your buddies. :)

If you have questions, please ask them below.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Ok, not too bad. I can see where I’m losing time so not too worried. I’m about 4.8 seconds off leading into the last third of the lap but losing 1.5 through Blanchimont and then another 2 seconds in the bus stop section! Otherwise car feels ok. I just can’t be as aggressive as I would like, having to wait to get the power on, and I’m braking earlier than others on the server last night, however the car is much more fun to drive than it was at the Le Mans track so that’s good. Will do some more running later on and hope for a decent finish.

• Like Like x 1
  11. John vd Geest

@Andrew Harper Just a suggestion for you to test ...
    If you have trouble putting the power down through slow corners, you might try to lower the sensitivity of the throttle in your pedals-profiler. Say from 50 to 30.
    That way it is less responsive initially and comes on stronger on your way to 100% power.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

Hi there. I'd just like to raise a potential problem quickly, which is that the pitlane is faster than the track. I know no-one will be blatant enough to regularly take the pitlane just to gain time, but right now it would actually benefit people to cut the track and pick up a drive-through penalty. I think automatic track limits penalties should be turned off for this.

13. John vd Geest

I was unaware you could win time by going through the pitlane on racing speed. I have tested it, and it's true.
    It's too late now to start testing with the .json file to hard-code a slower pit lane speed limit, so I have to set some rules about it:

1. Qualifying: You can not start your flying lap through the pit lane or you will be sanctioned with a 60 second penalty on your race result. I will check after the race.
    2. Race: If you have to do a drive-through penalty, you have to stay at approximately 100 km/h or you will be sanctioned with a 30 second penalty on your race result.

Arguments after the race that you did not know about this are invalid because you are supposed to read the forum before the race.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2024
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

I don't think it will let you start a flying lap in the pitlane, but I think the 100km/h speed limit for drive-throughs is a wise decision. Thanks John.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Kostas Kantzouras

Kostas Kantzouras Pro Driver

This does not apply for the pit stop I suppose, just to make sure we are all on the same page

16. John vd Geest

Noooo ... :)
    Not for a regular pitstop. Just for a drive-through penalty you have to serve.
    With a regular pitstop, you first stop in your box, so there is no time advantage and you can enter and exit flat out.

17. Ted Hough

Ted Hough Pro Driver

I didn't get in anybody's way, i'll take it.

First time hooking my wheel up in like, 3 years, finally got it to work about 20 minutes before the race start ha

• Like Like x 6
  18. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Grats Nick!. Grats Maddie for podium! It was tough. Just driving by myself was tough. Patience on everything I do is wearing thin for some reason. Though I qualified 4th but Robin let me go by. Not sure. Had no problem with Robin taking 3rd. He's a fast, good driver. Nick and Maddie, I had no chance with them. I'm happy with third. Can't complain. I came together with Nick. Sorry Nick. Sometimes I put these horse blinders on and nothing else matters. Not good. Patience is what I've been lacking. That's it.

I updated my video card driver yesterday. Now I'm just getting ctd.

Back markers were great as they had there own battles going on.

Cheers.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Ted Hough

Ted Hough Pro Driver

Now that the race is over - just wanted to ask - has anybody else had issues with the throttle hanging open when braking and the "Push to pass" button coming on? I'm assuming it's something to do with the default control bindings but it was giving me a ton of trouble.

20. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Although the pace wasn’t there I was hoping for a clean race, didn’t quite manage it with some half spins and a few kerb moments. Very sorry for the leaders as I caught a kerb and although I had full right lock on the car still decided to turn left on me!

Stopped towards the end to fit some new tyres to enjoy some hot lapping (wasn’t going to gain position anyway). Really wanted to get into the 10’s but couldn’t manage it.

congrats to the podium finishers and we’ll see how the final round goes.

when does the WEC league start….? Haha.

• Like Like x 2