rFactor 2 Round 6 Bathurst Mount Panorama - Sun Jun 16, 2024

Discussion in 'GT Revival 1960s Championship Closed' started by John vd Geest, Feb 23, 2024.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

GT revival 60s banner.jpg

* WELCOME TO ROUND 6 BATHURST MOUNT PANORAMA *

Gallaher 500 1967 Bathurst

Mount Panorama Circuit is a motor racing track located in Bathurst, New South Wales, Australia. It is situated on Mount Panorama and is best known as the home of the Bathurst 1000 motor race held each October, and the Bathurst 12 Hour event held each February. The track is a 6.213 km (3.861 mi) long street circuit, which is used as a public road when no racing events are being run, with many residences which can only be accessed from the circuit.

The track has an unusual design by modern standards, with a 174 m (571 ft) vertical difference between its highest and lowest points, and grades as steep as 1:6.13. From the start-finish line, the track can be viewed in three sections; the short pit straight and then a tight left turn into the long, steep Mountain straight; the tight, narrow section across the top of the mountain itself; and then the long, downhill section of Conrod Straight, with the very fast Chase and the turn back onto the pit straight to complete the lap.

Historically, the racetrack has been used for a wide variety of racing categories, including everything from open-wheel racers to motorcycles. With tighter safety regulations and less tolerance of risk, motorcycle racing is no longer conducted at the circuit, and open-wheel racing events did not occur for many years until a Formula 3 event was added as a support race for the Bathurst 12 Hour in 2012. It is registered as a Grade 3 racing circuit by the FIA. Grade 3 racing circuits are permitted to hold FIA-sanctioned events with cars with a weight/power ratio of 2–3 kg/hp, which includes all current Australian domestic racing categories except S5000 (which were consequently modified to reduce maximum power for the event held there).

As a public road, on non-race days and when it is not closed off during the day as part of a racing event, Mount Panorama is open to the public. Cars can drive in both directions around the circuit for no charge. A strict speed limit of 60 km/h (37 mph) is enforced, and police regularly patrol the circuit. The National Motor Racing Museum is located next to the Mount Panorama Circuit.

The venue's infield and pit parking served as the home of the 2023 World Athletics Cross Country Championships.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  2. John vd Geest

We are now on V1.06

Server is up 2.png

• Like Like x 1
  3. Neil Wood

Neil Wood Pro Driver Donator

I won't have internet for the last round... hope the race goes well!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Randy Marek

Randy Marek Pro Driver Donator

Try using your phone as a hot spot.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Paul Upham

Paul Upham Pro Driver

I will be away for the weekend and will have to miss the final race.:(

• Like Like x 1
  6. David Cruickshank

David Cruickshank Pro Driver

or USB lead tether to it.

Pitlane speed limit painfully slow at 40KPH, would be awesome if that was increased before the event, (pretty please)? :D.
    Will let you know if you are sharing a pit again, It should not be as bad this week with the drop in driver numbers.

7. Randy Marek

No way. It could add some spice to the results.

8. John vd Geest

I use the default settings of the track. It is slow, but it's slow for everyone, and you can't skip a pitstop by fuel saving, so no one has an advantage :)

9. Neil Wood

Neil Wood Pro Driver Donator

You really think I can do an online race on 4g/5g?? :D

10. Randy Marek

Freddy Hell will not be with us on Sunday. Apparently Le Mans is more important. PXL_20240611_123753573.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  11. Gilles da'Silva

Gilles da'Silva Pro Driver Donator

Just steal your neighbours :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. John vd Geest

[​IMG]

Drivers briefing

1. All 6 events of this series will be broadcasted
    Broadcaster: Rob Milliken
    [​IMG]

2. Bathurst Conditions
    1) The race will start at 02:00 PM (in-game time of course)
    2) Time acceleration is normal. Fuel = 2x / This forces a pitstop. Tyres = 3x / The tyres give good grip, but are rock-hard on 1x and almost don't wear.
    3) Cut Track points are set to 6
    4) 100% damage
    5) This event has a standing start without formation lap
    6) This is a dry race
    7) Qualification is set to "private". That means that you will be alone on track so you can put in your best time without traffic (point 3 qual rule still applies).
    8) In race conditions the pitlane speed limit is 40 km/h.
    9) YOU HAVE TO USE THE SAME CAR THROUGHOUT THE SERIES THAT YOU CHOOSE FOR YOUR FIRST EVENT.

3. The use of the Esc. key in Qualification
    Use of the Esc key during Qualifying is the equivalent of stopping your car and getting out. This may be done only in your pit stall. There are very few exceptions to this rule. Here are the only two we will currently consider. These exceptions are subject to change at any time:
    - You run out of fuel in the pit lane before reaching your pit stall.

If you use the Esc key in any location other than your pit stall, your Qualifying session is over and you may not return to the track.

4. You can find the password for the race server on the Bathurst event page.

5. Unregistering in time if you can't make it.

6. Please use the
    SAME NAME in the rFactor 2 game as on our SRO signup list or it won't match in our automated result processing.

You can change your name in the rFactor 2 "Profile" menu.

7. If you plan to PROTEST another driver, you have to wait 24 hours counting from the end of the race.

Any protest filed before that time will be viewed as not received. You can find the rules about submitting a protest here.

8. You can find the server by typing SRO or the track name. Add the server to your favorites so you can always find it.
    If you can't find the server in the rFactor 2 server list, you can access this way:
    1. click on this link: https://simracepackages.lima-city.de/rF2server/
    2. scroll down to "SRO" (it's alphabetical)
    3. choose the correct server and Join with the password (see point 4 above)
    4. the server will start automatically and will take you to the event

[​IMG]

Last but not least ...
    SIMRACINGONLINE wishes you a great race!
    And always remember that your fellow SRO members have also put in a lot of time practising for this race,
    so please be careful and respectful with your buddies. :)

If you have questions, please ask them below.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

I will be joining the no show club sadly. I had great fun in this series with everyone. I know this is a bit early but it's going to happen none the less. Want to congratulate Michal on the championship. Well deserved as he showed up and raced hard. Congratulate my teammate Mark for getting us the team championship. Very nicely done. John for setting this series up and putting up with our crap. Thank goodness you always do. Rob on the greatest broadcast SRO can have. It's like watching a different race once we finish the race. Hope you had great fun with the family. Last but not least, Gilles, you rock. Those liveries, I can stare at them for days. We should make this series a repeat so I/we can just drive around in these sweet paint jobs we all have.

Cheers my peeps,

Johnny

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Jason Whited

Jason Whited Pro Driver

Hi guys!
    Quick question, since I haven't be a part of this series and it's now round 6....would it be acceptable if I joined in on the Bathurst race today or no? Wanted to ask before I just registered, given it's end of series. I can take note of any points stuff and kind of stay out of the way of any of that, if need be. Otherwise, just looking for somewhere to get a bit of racing in today; scratch the itch :D ...and I'd much rather that be somewhere such as here, where I can trust the others on track, rather than somewhere like CS where 8 times out of 10 it's not so clean and the racing isn't nearly as good.

• Like Like x 2
  15. John vd Geest

Of course you can join :)

16. Kai Syvertsen

Kai Syvertsen Pro Driver

I fell off the server!:(

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. John vd Geest

Well, it was learning on the job for me and was going faster all the time, until ....... a bloody stop & go for pitlane speeding!
    I was so careful with the throttle and then it got a life of its own and started revving. I hope I'm not spiking ...

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Been there, but not today.
    I knew it was tight to make it work, because I needed 4.3 l on average for 24 laps (it was close to 25, but I assume with that pace from the leaders I would have been lapped).
    That for the theory, the other thing is to have a trouble free race, which stunningly worked this time. Mostly, because I had a half spin at the top of the mountain, which would have been costly, if those close to me (Christian on the same strategy and Jason on the two stop) had a trouble free race. But It seems that Christian changed tyres (probably not on purpose) and Jason had a drive through for speeding (also not on purpose I assume ;)). I also Mathias, because it seems he had to save more fuel than me and some other guys hit trouble too.

My pace (with or without fuel saving) was not good enough for seventh but I take it. I am not sure what to make of the Mercedes. Not a bad car handling wise, also good in low or medium speed sections, but not good on straights... Maybe I should pick my car more wisely next time.

Thanks guys for the competition, thanks John and Rob for hosting and broadcasting. See you arround.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Nick Westy

Nick Westy Pro Driver Donator

well I was surprised I won at the end but having watched the broadcast i'm not so sure as krillov seemed to cross the strip first in the pit lane but I thought you can't do a drive through on the last lap so maybe rfactor took this into account and converted it to a time penalty, anyhow it was a fun race, managed to toe past David Cruickshank up the hill and seem to have the pace over the mountain to catch Kirilov but could not do anything with it, impossible to pass the big mustang over the mountain, was hard not to run into the back of him at times, but there was no competing with that rocket ship on the straight, was like watching the fast & the furious when they hit the nitro button!

Gotta hand it to you John for playing the team game and holding Kirilov up enough for me to pass him under braking at the end of conrod straight :D
    not that it was any use as I was bingo on fuel so had to pit after the next corner (sorry to burst Robs bubble on the broadcast :()
    unfortunately I was far too cautious and put way too much fuel in which cost me 10 seconds, hopefully my luck will hold out for once in this series and I keep the win.

Grats to Michał for taking the championship.

Thanks John for such an amazing series, the porsche was one of the most fun cars ever to drive and I hardly ever drive historics, and Rob for the broadcast even if he wanted me to be in a Ferrari half the time ;).

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. John vd Geest

I was not trying to be an assh*le, but in my mirror he was still some 10 meters behind me and I felt that he had to be closer than that.
    I had no idea of what was going on behind him, so very sorry to Kirlov if I put him at a disadvantage.

• Informative Informative x 1