Assetto Corsa Round 6 Nurburgring Sprint

Discussion in 'ADAC Formula 4 Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Jun 2, 2023.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

2. Oli Bateson

Oli Bateson Pro Driver

Sorry, I cant make this due to work, I hope you have a good race.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Interesting final race there - I think I was the architect of my own failure for this one.
    I at least managed to get sufficient practice in to plan my pit stops and fuel usage, but sadly threw myself off the track on a good 3 or 4 occasions at Kurzanbindun (the hairpin that cuts the fun part of the GP circuit off - literally short link/short connection for the non-German speakers) costing myself a second or so each time.
    That put me back on track behind Kai after my pitstop and I took too long to get around him (great fun though! :cool: ) and had to do it twice thanks to another of my stupid excursions at the hairpin.

I think Michal exited the pits about 8 seconds ahead of me and I was gaining at an average of just over a second a lap (He clearly didn't take tires - a trick I should have used after wasting so much time in the dirt) and I think we finished roughly 1 second apart.
    Without my off's that would have been a win - although Michal would still have taken the championship.

So well done to Michal and everyone else, once I got to grips on how to drive these twitchy little SOB's they were great fun. My only complain remains that they are flappy paddle gears rather than the sequential stick found in the Tatuus'. :)

• Like Like x 3
  4. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Great and strong competition, it was fun most of the time with these tricky cars. Seems that I was the most consistent of the rest behind Michał and Tim, congrats to you.

Not sure if I could have been better, when I executed the strategies better. Yesterday I managed to avoid a splash and dash, after an eventful race. After a scrappy start and my inability to reach a good pace instantly (I also struggled at the Kurzanbindung), I fought with my teammate. That caused some sort of traffic jam and involved my other teammate, with the three cars going side by side into the last turn. That ended in tears for two of us, and I was spun around. In the end, my strategy and misfortune of others brought me back where I roughly was before that incident.

Thanks for hosting and running, see you.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Congratulations to Michal Mazurek on clinching the Drivers Championship and Team Solitude for their 3rd Teams Championship at SRO.

Well done to everyone else for supporting and competing in this AC series and I look forward to your continuing support in future series for this sim.

The next series starts Thursday 7th July https://simracingonline.co.uk/threads/audi-tt-cup-series-info.42000/

• Like Like x 2
  6. Michał Mazurek

Michał Mazurek Pro Driver

Qualifying: I was on pole three times on the last lap, but I made some minor mistakes. Luckily P2, I start from the front row.
    Race: For the first time, a good reaction at the start, which was very important in the context of the strategy I had come up with. The idea was born in my head several minutes earlier, so it was a bit risky, I didn't test it in practice, I didn't know if it would work.
    I had no idea how long the tires would keep a good pace, I was driving carefully and saving my tires, but I knew how many seconds I could afford to lose. The condition was that Tim would go with standard tactics.
    After Tim's pit stop it became clear that he had changed tires and my plan had a chance of success. I was trying to control the race.
    I am very pleased that it worked. Correspondence duel, but I thought it was interesting.
    Thank you all for racing, and thank you for organizing the championship.

See you someday

• Like Like x 3