rFactor 2 Round 6 Virginia Full Course - Sun Jun 11, 2023

Discussion in 'IMSA 2023 Sports Car Championship Closed' started by John vd Geest, Feb 25, 2023.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Last edited: Feb 27, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  2. John vd Geest

Server is up.png

• Like Like x 2
  3. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

This is going to be nuts what comes to traffic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. John vd Geest

If you don't have to work ... :confused::eek::rolleyes::p

5. Toni Talvitie

I had morning shift so evening is free and if something happens, gonna say " sorry, gotta have some beers and play videogames ".

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Pasha Paterson

Pasha Paterson Pro Driver Broadcaster

I love VIR but I think we're about to find out why the real IMSA doesn't run GTs and prototypes together here...:eek::D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. John vd Geest

Well, it has gone alright so far between the LMP2 and GTD because most are experienced drivers and they understand that Multiclass racing is give and take. It's that dynamic that makes it interesting imo.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Apologies if I'm wrong but I always thought it was a certification issue? The track has very little in run off (and safety) so I just assumed that it was limited to the level of cars it could run.

I agree though, prototypes and GT's around here in real life would be very tricky indeed, so I totally agree with what IMSA do here. :D:eek:

My favorite bonkers sportscar video is by far Group C at Limerock Park in '91 (or '92?) It was so bumpy and the Jaguars were so fast they were flat out in most corners. At one point the severe stress and punishment simply breaks the rear suspension on one car. In the middle of all this are cars like little Porsche 911's hanging on for dear life. haha.

It was like unleashing an F1 car around a kart track. lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Nick Westy

Nick Westy Pro Driver Donator

they ran loads of prototypes and GT cars at VIR together back in the ALMS days without too many issues, running everything together a Laguna Seca is worse IMHO. The high speed curves in sector 2 may be a tight affair however as its mostly 1 line through that section.

• Like Like x 4
  10. John vd Geest

11. John vd Geest

WEATHER REPORT VIRGINIA RICHMOND, SUNDAY 11 2023

upload_2023-6-5_19-45-40.png

• Like Like x 1
  12. Toni Talvitie

so what that means is 25% chance of rain? precipation?
    Im finnish you know! cant you doit in finnish?

13. Toni Talvitie

14. John vd Geest

It will stay stable at 30 degrees with partial cloud cover and no rain.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Pasha Paterson

Pasha Paterson Pro Driver Broadcaster

as long as it's not covered in wildfire smoke from Canada (which we have been the last couple of days)...

also those weather conditions would put the track temp around 40-45 :eek:

16. John vd Geest

[​IMG]

Drivers briefing

1. All 6 events of this series will be broadcasted

Broadcast team: EithaRacingTeam
    Broadcasters: Lorenzo, Sameer & Ricardo
    Twitch broadcast link:
    https://www . twitch . tv / eitharacing (delete the spaces)
    Or go to the headlines on top of the homepage on race day.

2. Virginia Full Course Conditions
    1) The race will start at 02:00 PM (in-game time of course)
    2) Time acceleration is normal. Fuel and Tires are set to normal.
    3) Cut Track points are set to 10
    4) This race has 100% damage
    5) There is no mandatory pitstop
    6) This event has a formation lap & rolling start. We drive the formation lap in double file in Qual order.
    7) The GTD pole sitter will hold a 5 seconds gap to the last LMP2 on the formationlap.
    8) When the LMP2 pole sitter crosses the start line, the race starts for the LMP2 field.
    9) When the GTD pole sitter crosses the start line, the race starts for the GTD field.

3. TEAM SPEAK

Go to the specially created TeamSpeak channel called IMSA for the drivers briefing before QUAL and in WARM-UP.
    The drivers briefing on the server before Qual and the Race,
    will only be done on TeamSpeak. You can find all the info in this thread below.
    You don't have to talk if you don't want to, you only have to listen.
    (If we disconnect before the race, then use TeamSpeak to let us know who is or is not back yet to start the race)

In-game under "Graphics": if you set Window mode to "borderless", you can Alt-Tab to TS and back within rFactor2 without crashing the game.

4. Raceday weather conditions
    The server is set for real-world weather conditions.
    Look for the weather conditions above in post #11.

5. Qualification procedure
    1) The Qual time will be 20 minutes in total.
    2) Only the LMP2 field will go out for the first 9 minutes. With 11 minutes to go, all LMP2s must finish their lap and hit the Escape key on conclusion.
    3) Only the GTD field will go out for the last 9 minutes. With 9 minutes to go, all GTD cars can leave the pitlane until the end of Qual.
    4) Chat is not allowed during Qual.

6. The use of the Esc. key in Qualification
    Use of the Esc key during Qualifying is the equivalent of stopping your car and getting out. This may be done only in your pit stall. There are very few exceptions to this rule. Here are the only two we will currently consider. These exceptions are subject to change at any time:
    1. You run out of fuel in pit lane before reaching your pit stall.
    2. You sustain damage to your car as a result of another driver and cannot make it back to your pit stall. You must prove your qualifying session was wrecked by another driver and that you made an attempt to return to pit lane.

If you use the Esc key in any location other than your pit stall, your Qualifying session is over and you may not return to the track.

7. You can find the password for the race server on the Virginia event page.

8. You can find the server by first typing sro

9. Unregistering in time if you can't make it.

10. No-shows (keeping the entry list real)

If a driver does not show without unregistering for that event or letting us know that he can't make it on the event forum, he will be removed from the series.
    If he is no longer interested in the series, it's fine like it is.
    If he forgot about the event, he can sign up for the series again.

(You don't have to unregister for the whole series. You can unregister only for the event you can't do.)

11. Please use the same name in the rFactor 2 game as on our signup list or it won't match in our automated result processing.

12. If you plan to PROTEST another driver, you have to wait 24 hours counting from the end of the race.
    Any protest filed before that time will be viewed as not received. You can find the rules about submitting a protest here.

Last but not least ... SIMRACINGONLINE wishes you a great race!

If you have questions, please ask them below.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2023
  17. Andreas Seibel

Andreas Seibel Pro Driver Donator

Hi guys
    I am off home, no chance to join today. Have fun, see you probably in the Porsche Cup.

18. Barrett Erickson

Barrett Erickson Pro Driver

oh well, that sucked...
    been dealing with some computer issues lately, and i think i put my wheel in the wrong USB slot. had four major controller lags in first couple laps. damage, etc.
    switching usb slots just left me without a controller.
    oh well...

19. Stephen Wenham

Stephen Wenham Pro Driver

thanks for organising the series John, really enjoyed racing these latest spec GT3's, and some awesome tracks as well

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. John vd Geest

My pleasure :)

And thank you, and everybody else, for supporting the series by signup up and driving it.
    It's all about bringing like-minded people together to have some fun :)
    IMSA Champ.png

Last edited: Jun 11, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2