Discuss your idea's for a new series here

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa League Season 4 Closed' started by John vd Geest, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Kiril Kirilov

Kiril Kirilov Pro Driver

No matter which series we choose, can we do it with a fixed setup? So people who don't have that much time to practice can stay competitive.
    Leave a like there if you like the idea.

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Agree Agree x 4
  2. Maddie Shepherd

Maddie Shepherd Pro Driver

I don't think it's fair to have a fixed setup. I'd prefer a series in which everyone is in the same car (like the F1 1990 idea that's been suggested)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

The league has to decide on that like you said.
    If it turns out to be the GTL mod, there will be a mandatory pitstop to neutralize the advantage some cars had to do the full race without stopping for fuel.

4. Kiril Kirilov

Kiril Kirilov Pro Driver

If it has to be fair: same car, same setup - hopp in and get on with it.
    The cars in the current league are really fun and hard to drive on the limit. It's just a shame that we registered around 25 people, but you only have a few you can race with. That is my first multiclass event and I guess that is the downside of it.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

Would the mandatory pitstop neutralize the cars with the advantage or penalise everyone in a similar way? I genuinely don't know.

6. John vd Geest

Why do you think it would penalise everyone? Can you give your thoughts about that?

7. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

I suppose the biggest component of the penalisation in pitstops is common to all drivers (drive-through element). Those that had the freedom in the previous series not to stop got immediately an unfair advantage and, even if they just add 1 litre of fuel and don't change tyres, would have an impact that might persuade them to use properly the stop to refuel and get new tyres with a different race strategy... In that sense, I agree the mandatory pitstop would remove that brutal imbalance.
    There are still more subtle differences in performances but, I suppose, also in our own driving abilities and trying to correct for those is always tricky and could end up creating more bad than good... So I suppose I have answered myself :rolleyes:.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

I would certainly like *a* series or *multiple* being fixed setup. That would mean more racing online for me. Free setup is part of it sure, but you need to prepare for it which means you can't just hop in and race. I'm doing too much leagues where you need to prep for (DRM, BBT, AMS2 and Indycar on RD) and having fixed setup races would mean you know you have the same setup and the skill is the difference.

In the end I end up using pretty much default setups in most leagues anyway as I don't have enough time to practice.

9. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

I disagree.

It depends whose driving style the fixed setup suits.

If I create a setup (I like a nice stable setup with high downforce), and we call that the fixed setup, the usual quicker guys who like having a loose car will be slower than usual as they will have too much understeer for their driving style.
    If a quick guy creates a loose setup with low downforce, and that is the 'fixed setup', us normal guys would barely be able to stay on the track without spinning out.

• Agree Agree x 8
  10. Laurent Londes

I have to agree on this, but often fixed setups are quite neutral. Besides, I think people with higher skill can adapt better to any setup.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. John vd Geest

Available days for 2021

We have other admins who are also planning series on the calendar. These are our league options for 2021:

We can do the series per Friday's in January 2021 or start per March on Monday's. All the rest is booked solid.
    (The first free Thursday is per April)

12. Laurent Londes

I prefer Monday's.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

Why not? I have done that almost every race in the recent past even without there are not fixed setup. Yeah I don't win often, but I have much more fun than running alone to victory. I don't take this so seriously that I have to win every time, so fixed setup is fine to me even it won't suit my drivingstyle.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

Love the look of the prototypes mod, but does look a little un-polished, would need someone like Tim to test a few of the cars and make sure they havent got shonky physics that blighted the GT Legends Bazza pack we used a while back. (So glad to hear they revisited that mod and brought out a v3 as the car set is awesome.)

Great to see so many fine historic racing mod packs being made for AC. :cool:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Kenny Houghton

Kenny Houghton Pro Driver

Legends Prototype, BTCC, and RSS GT1 have my vote. I like the 60s Golden Era of cars (GT40 is bae) and the GT1 series of the late 90s; early 2000s (resonates with my childhood since i went to a FIA Championship race at Laguna Seca when i was young).

16. John vd Geest

The SRO staff has asked me to remove the download links to other racing websites because it's in breach with the SRO policy.
    So just upload the videos without download links to other racing sites like RaceDepartment.
    Download links to mediafire, DLC sites ect. are oke.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

Hiya guys !

Just read this thread thanks to Jos as I hadn't spotted it (once again..)

This is not a vote, but here are my personal inclinations :
    1°) I'm all for classic stuff ! 80's I'm starting to get zit, 90's I could have fever, 2000's I'm with nausea.. Of course I'm not rigid, it depends on the stuff anyway.
    2°) I guess it's the same for all of us, still I really would like a quality mod if we go that direction, or better stay in the best Kunos-made cars..
    3°) I'd be happy with a cup-style series, because of the mentionned reasons. But a car-diversified series could be fine too, still we just ran several of them and they're much tough to setup.
    4°) I can agree with a fixed setup, fully free setup, or why not even an in two minds ?

• Like Like x 2
  18. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

Plz Ted, what is the exact name of the mod ? I struggle to find it. RD is damn bad for managing the searches in those big data bases imho, not to mention that every modder uses his personal way of naming the thing he kindly provides to the community. Or am I the only one to be as dumb as needing to parse pages and pages of titles in order to find the Graal ?

19. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

I'm totally with you on this Maxime. Great post.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Kimi Martikainen

Kimi Martikainen Pro Driver

Totally disagree almost everything...
    1. Classics is great as long as they are newer than late 60's ( try horse carriage racing if you like that kind of suspension ;) ), except crazy Auto Unions and that stuff from 30's...
    2. As long as mod sounds cool, drivers cool and is cool, it's ok for me.
    3. Diversity rocks, in humans, cars and music! :)
    4. Fixed setups sucks, it big part of fun and very rewarding to get what ever shitbox you drive to go like a dream(ish), every fixed setup has been terrible so far and will be, unless sets are made by me...

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1