Tyres Temperature on KTM?

Discussion in 'KTM X-Bow R Closed' started by Jacques Vermeulen, Nov 2, 2022.

1. Jacques Vermeulen

Jacques Vermeulen Pro Driver

Hi racers, I'm seeing my tyres not keeping it's temp on the KTM.

Seems that after 2-3 laps the tyres are cooling down to a point of being greasy.

Is this what you're seeing too?
    What is a good range for tyre pressures on the KTM in the conditions we're racing in?

Thanks in Advance.
    Jacques Vermeulen - South Africa

2. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

Hi Jaques!
    Its not a problem with the x-bow.
    The race date was set to 1. November, the weather in UK is also ugly in summer, so you can imagine,
    that on this cold surface the tires will not produce any grip.

I had the same problem, i was practising just offline with summer weather, so i was really disapointed
    about the car handling first and the race afterwards. I still beleive, this was a great track-car combo, but
    yesterday i wished to drive a reindeer-sledge.
    @Julian : hi demand ---- war tires (LOL)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

PC2 uses both definable "weather slots" where specific conditions, but not temperatures, can be pre-selected and these are the same options for both offline & online configuration. For this series I have been selecting the actual date of our race within the server settings, but not the conditions, and it seems to use what I'm guessing are seasonal temperature averages which affect the track temperatures, but don't quote me me on that :D. There are no individual track temperature settings as in e.g. rF2.
    A Pre-race visit to the server will display any weather/date settings we have set so you can then practice offline with them as you wish.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

To complicated for old men like me. I just wanted to race! :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Julian Smith

Julian Smith Pro Driver

Unfortunately you really have to push the KTM to keep the heat in, but even then I cant get them up to full working temp, but if you lower the pressures to try and get the heat in, the car is just to slow and even more of a handful.:eek:

• Informative Informative x 1