Automobilista 2 1974 Porsche Cup General Info

Discussion in 'AMS2 1974 Porsche Cup' started by Rob Milliken, Dec 28, 2021.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

2022 911 main.jpg Registration

The Carrera RSR 3.0 was made in small numbers for racing. For the privateer in the mid-1970s who wanted to go sports car racing, and in particular compete successfully at the famed 24 Hours of Le Mans, there was really only one viable option, the Porsche RSR. Introduced in 1973, the RSR was a factory-built racing car based on the 911 chassis. These were not converted street cars, but rather purpose built competition models designed and built from the ground up for serious racing use. In 1974 the factory made significant changes to the car including a new 3.0 liter engine, wider wheels with center lock hubs and improved aerodynamics. The result was a car that would dominate the GT category and challenge for overall wins around the world.

1090025-1536 (1).jpg

We are happy to kick off the 2022 SRO Tuesday night racing series with
    AMS2's brilliant rendition of this fantastic iconic race car!
    The SRO 74' Porsche cup will consist of 6 races from tracks all around the world.
    The car its self is free content from Reiza. All the tracks are also default (I believe?) so there should be no need to purchase any extra content from Reiza (although I strongly encourage it as its all good):D
    The races will be 45 min sprint style with no mandatory pit stops. Standing starts
    (with the exception of tracks that might cause massive pile ups at turn 1, in these cases we will use a manual formation lap that will be explained the week before said event)
    All SRO rules will be in effect with "no contact lap one" strongly advised!

Joining the server on race day:
    If you have raced AMS2 with us before you will remember we have limited admin control.
    To make sure the admin actually becomes the host he must be the first to join on race day.
    To do this we well restart the server 1 hour before the assigned Q time (19:00 GMT) and ask that all players please wait until you see the admin on the server (it will be within the first 2 min of restart) This will be the start of the official Race Day Practice session, after admin has joined all are free to join.
    Simple thing to remember is: Don't be the first to join after 19:00 GMT on race day or,
    don't join the server if it's empty after 19:00);)

Practice server during the weeks up to the events.
    The server will be up 24/7 for the 2 weeks in between each event. You may join at any time.
    (including race day up until the 19:00 hour when official practice will start after the restart)
    So that's it! Hope to see you all on the grid!
    Tuesday Jan 25th is round 1
    The Events:
    Tue Jan 25, 2022 20:15 Round 1 Montreal Historic 1988
    Tue Feb 8, 2022 20:15 Round 2 Kyalami 1976
    Tue Feb 22, 2022 20:15 Round 3 Spielburg 1974
    Tue Mar 8, 2022 20:15 Round 4 Bathurst 2020
    Tue Mar 22, 2022 20:15 Round 5 Azure Circuit
    Tue Apr 5, 2022 20:15 Round 6 Cadwell Park
    1090106-1536.jpg

Last edited: Dec 29, 2021
  2. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Wow I did not expect that this series would not gain any momentum, With the latest updates to AMS2 this sim has really earned its place in the sim genre as one of the top 3 driving games available today .. Very sad :(... I thought for sure we would have players wanting to drive these iconic cars .. Guess I was wrong :rolleyes:.
    There is still time but it looks like this series will not make the 5-player minimum and be canceled. I really hoped AMS2 would take off here at SRO. Oh well live & learn ..

3. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

Gret Car, Rob. I'm going to give it a go. My doubts are not on the car, sim or series... It's just that I'm terribly busy in offracing world...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chris Belfield

Chris Belfield Pro Driver Donator

Maybe it’s just the choice of car Rob. I can’t make the first race due to a prior commitment, but I’ve just been putting in some laps today with a view to possibly joining from race 2 onward and stock setup makes the car a real pig to handle. It really took some time to adjust the (limited) settings to dial out the tendency to swap ends at the slightest provocation, and the under-steer.

Maybe not everyone has the patience,or maybe even the knowledge, to get the car into a stable setup just so you can actually focus on pace rather than just keeping it on the track. I’ve found that there are a lot of cars in AMS2 which handle well straight out the box, and maybe the sim would get generate more uptake with series where the easier handling cars were used.

only my opinion of course, and I could be wrong……..I often am……..just ask Mrs. B!

• Like Like x 1