Automobilista 2 2021 Test series round 2 GT4's

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2' started by Rob Milliken, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

2. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

How is stuff with being able to find the SRO server these days?

3. Norman Bruce

Norman Bruce Pro Driver

4. Rob Milliken

Ha .. what no time machine ?

lol thx ..

5. John vd Geest

Are there any special event rules, like mandatory pitstop?

6. Rob Milliken

no not for this one ;) 30 min sprint /standing start (I hope) lol

7. Rob Milliken

I have not herd any complaints yet … everyone found it last time ...:)

8. Rob Milliken

Glad to see you joining JVDG ! hope the server shows up for you ! have you tried ? its up 24/7
    Last race we had some players with FFB issues & no way to re set it in session .. Lets hope we don't see any more of that !
    Remember the winner picks the next combo ! (no dlc) :D
    & after that last place picks !! :)

9. John vd Geest

Yeah, finding the server is the biggest issue for me. I was able to find it every time for this one. Hope to see you there.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

I have a question about AMS2 TC and ABS
    If I set both to OFF (with assigned keys) I can't modify the values to my taste through ICM, which I think it is normal
    The question is: What difference is between Low and High (because for each of them, when I enter the ICM there are my preset values)?
    For me, make more sense to have them ON/OFF if there is no difference (or I'm missing something here)

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. Rob Milliken

Ok here's the race day server drill > server will restart at the top of the hour 19:00 gmt for a 60 min P1 .. After this time you must wait until you see me on the server to join ! so don't be the first one on or you will become the host ! & trust me you don't want that with this sim :p .. You may be on the server as long as you want before 19:00 ,but at 19:00 it will remotely restart & you will be kicked so the simple rule is , Don't join the server if its empty after 19:00;)
    Remember we cannot advance the session or restart the session so timing is everything to assure we get the proper start time !
    Thanks !~!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Michael LaBelle

Michael LaBelle Pro Driver

Sorry I did not stick around. I have been having problems all day with AMS 2. This morning when I turned it on it lost FFB. I fixed that,sort off, then I had the rolling choices events . When I put the mouse over a box it begins to rotating like a one armed bandit. Frustrated with AMS2 not working and rf2 much the same I swore and hit the f’in OFF button. I got a beer and I am ok now. Cheers

13. John vd Geest

On the event page info it said "30 laps" and the session was only 30 minutes. What's up with that? I was packing fuel for 30 laps = 71 litres.

14. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

A bit of a disaster for me after the incident with @Gillis Hommen.
    As part of the testing and findings that we want to do in this series, rather than as a complaint, I'm leaving here the video of the incident. Gillis said he thought he hadn't hit me in the chat and I wonder if AMS2 net code is at fault here. Also, I see Gillis in a very awkward place on the track, almost completely in the grass. Could it be that due to a net code issue AMS2 thought that in that position the car had to suffer some loss of grip and allowed it to hit me without Gillis experiencing this on his side?
    Anyway, perhaps Gillis can say how this compares to what he experienced during the race:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Gillis Hommen

Gillis Hommen Pro Driver

Hmm, that looks weird... that's not what happened on my side
    I wasn't off track like that, just following you. Then I see you 'bump' and spin as if someone hit you (which obviously is what happende on your side). After that I couldn't avoid you, so I did hit you eventually but from my perspective you were already in the spin at that point.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Rob Milliken

It's a bug with AMS2 .. they will always be minutes for these test runs & it will always say laps. lol

17. John vd Geest

Oke, understood.

18. Rob Milliken

OK Gents, Gillis has deferred the choosing of the next track/mod to the last place driver that finished! & that would be me ..lol
    so this is my selection
    Automobilista 2 Screenshot 2021.02.23 - 12.24.16.24.jpg
    AT

Automobilista 2 Screenshot 2021.02.23 - 12.23.06.90.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  19. John vd Geest

When are we going to stop testing and have an official series with AMS2?

20. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

Great choice Rob!

• Like Like x 1