Assetto Corsa Comp 2023 ACC GT3 Series Poll

Discussion in 'SRO Announcements' started by Rob Milliken, Aug 13, 2023.

?

Would you race in the ACC 2023 GT3 championship?

Poll closed Aug 27, 2023.
  1. Hell Yes

82.1%
  2. No I dont like ACC

17.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

2023 promo.jpg Take me to the Poll
    Hello Drivers
    We are looking to start another ACC series here at SRO!
    Something with some strategies like 60 min races with mandatory pit stops etc..
    But we need to know what kind of turnout we would have so please let us know by taking the poll!
    Assetto Corsa Competizione Screenshot 2021.11.25 - 12.05.17.45.jpg

Last edited: Aug 13, 2023
  2. Oli Bateson

Oli Bateson Pro Driver Donator

Voted yes, but unfortunately cant do Saturdays

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson Pro Driver Donator

I eco Oli here , no Saturdays

4. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

With 18 "yes" votes we have enough!
    Now we just need to deside the day and series duration/rules.
    mandatory stops for tires or maybe just fuel so you can decide to try and shorten the stop and make the tires last ? :D
    Feel free to add your ideas here;)

5. Stephen Wenham

Stephen Wenham Pro Driver

thursday=no
    friday=no
    saturday=no
    before 7pm uk time=no
    apart from that i am well up for it!

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Nick Westy

Nick Westy Pro Driver Donator

I personally think the Rfactor 2 GT3 cars are quite good as far as realism , the ACC engine is not quite on par with the rfactor 2 engine but i'll drive anything that is close to the real thing so count me in.

If you did want to go ahead with it maybe make it a 90 min race with pitstop and focus on the big endurance races to tempt people in like Nurburgring 24h, Bathurst 12hr, spa 24th, Daytona 12h, Petit Le mans, or maybe some of the more obscure ones like Kyalami 9h (that was a great race to watch in lockdown 2020, only 12 cars but all pros and amazing racing all race long.)

• Like Like x 4
  7. Robin Taylor

Robin Taylor Pro Driver Donator

Ill be up for it, as long as the time suits, late evenings are the best for me.

8. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

I'd be interested in taking part in this if it goes ahead.

I bought ACC not long after it was launched but because I was racing 99% of the time on RF2 I never even fired the thing up which is a real shame! So it would give me an excuse to get used to it. The only danger I suppose is ACC is technically quite involved and the majority of you would be far better on that side than me but I would try my best.

Times wise, Weekends/Sunday nights tend to be easiest for me. Weekdays are pretty difficult as I tend to get home from work about 8/9pm. However Thursdays are ok though, if I'm very lucky the races may fall on my Thursdays off, lol.

I don't own any of the DLC's but willing to purchase them if you decide to use tracks from those packs.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Pasha Paterson

Pasha Paterson Pro Driver Broadcaster

It's quite tough for me to align my schedule with most SRO.UK series but if I can swing it I'd love to join in.
    Maybe we could explore some of the non-GT3 content, now that ACC actually has some? :D

• Like Like x 2
  10. Gilles da'Silva

Gilles da'Silva Pro Driver Donator

I haven't voted, because, a bit like Andrew, I bought ACC some time ago, but (due mainly to the mighty RF2) have yet to install it.
    So I couldn't vote 'No I don't like ACC', because I've never tried it and I wouldn't vote 'Hell Yes' because I simply wouldn't be race ready any time soon.
    Reason for posting is to say my vote would be for 'Hell Yes, but not at the moment'. I'm more than happy to contest a series in ACC (next year?) and the same goes for AC and PC2.
    I'm glad there will be an ACC 2023 GT3 Championship. Have fun guys and enjoy the racing.

11. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

We do already have series running for AC & PC2 Giles :)