AC SRO SEAT LEON WT ROUND 3 Race Reports & Screens

Discussion in 'Seat Leon World Tour Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

SEAT bannor 1.jpg
    Have Your Say

2. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

Thank you Rob for a great combo. I also, last race, wanted to give up. In every race I had some incidents, some was my fault, other not. But I'm glad I don't leave, and give it another chance. Tonight race was soooo good :). In R2 I was so excited, I didn't wait for green flag, I start the race earlier with the hope I will finish first :confused:. Didn't work o_O. Maybe next time :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Nick Phillips

Nick Phillips Pro Driver

Damn nearly grabbed Race 1 after tracking Roel and Roy, missing out on the drag to the line by 4 100ths to Roy.

Lucky not to drop more points versus Roy in race 2 after the first few corners which left me dead last.

Having watched Race 2 again though, from various perspectives, either we are going to start applying some penalties or we are declaring it a free for all, which is not great for anyone's reputation.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Rob Milliken

Im having a look now ...

5. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

So as usual I little racereport looking at it from my race.
    Quali;
    I don't know where the lap came from that I did, but 1.29.125 was good enough for pole. I was amazed that Nick didn't get a good time in. Anyway, i'm glad he didn't pinch this one from me ;-)

Race 1
    I had a very good start and went into the first corners in 1st place. I saw Nick and Roel fighting for position so I tried to get a bit of distance between them and me. Had very good fisrt 2 laps, but then made a mistake on the 3rd. That had Roel get back to within 1sec from me. No time to relax, so I had to keep putting in good laps. I was doing Ok until I saw Nick had gotten past Roel and was a bit faster than me. Doing some quick calculations it was clear that if I was able to keep doing the laptimes I was doing he could not catch me. Then at 3 minutes before race end my front tyres suddenly went red which ment i was 1sec a lap slower. And guess who was on my tale 1 lap from the end. Right, Nick... I had to do a safe lap keeping him from passing me. Luckily I know Nick is a clean racer so I knew he wouldn't divebomb me or run me of the road. All was well until the last corner. Due to the tyres not being good anymore I lost some time there which had Nick close enough to get a slipstream. I tried to keep him from going inside of me but was unable to because I did not want to run him off track. I won by the smallest of margins. 0.045! Great race!

Race 2
    Having won race 1 I had to start dead last. But had the close company of Nick and Roel. I was thinking I would do the same as last race, have a slow start and try to stay out of trouble. This time it worked. Nick got hit by someone and Roel got stuck into the 1st corner pile up. I was lucky to avoid all cars and found myself in 4th. I was thinking that the guys in front of me were the "slower" guys out of race 1, so I was in with a shot. How wrong I was. I don't know how, but it looked as if they had their turbo's boosted ;-) Had to work hard for every position. So a few laps into the race I was right behind Rob who was leading. Rob was doing a good job of keeping the door closed, but I was able to get a good tow on the backstraight getting beside him on one of those slight bends. Then its a bit unclear what happened (after reviewing the replay it looks like it was my fault. Going for a gap that closed on me). All of a sudden Rob's car was t-boned with mine. we both went off track losing a lot of places. So had to do it all again. It was hard work because everyone seemed to go very fast in this race. Got to 3rd when Roger Hinds (I think) lost it on the second corner handing me 2nd place. But by being carefull not to tangle with Rogers car who was trying to get back on track Roel was able to close the gap to me. 2 laps later I went into a corner to hot and lost some time making it easy for Roel to pass me. So I went on the hunt for Roel. We switched placed a few times but he was able to pass me on the last lap, last corner. Tyres were gone again. Must not have had the setup good enough. Any way, 3rd. Best I could do. Nick, who I see as a real championship contender, only managed 5th this race.

Looks like this is going to be a hard contested championship with great cars and some good drivers! Love it!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Rob Milliken

Here is a quick vid of the race 2 start, birds eye view .. no names just everyone have a look and try & learn from it ..lol

And here is what happend with the leaders for race 2

7. Roel Postma

Roel Postma Pro Driver

Regarding the first incident, i am the white car at 0.24 being pushed towards the inside on the kurbs and eventualy on the grass. The track width is about 10 meters, so don't force an other driver off the track. Make use off the helicorsa and mirrors to get an overview off your position. In militairy terms its called situational awereness. In this case it starts the series of crashes. If anyone thinks i am to blame, speake freely.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Roger Hinds

Roger Hinds Pro Driver

Damn, got a good start for race 2, and after the 2 leaders tangled was in P2. I got a bit carried away on lap 5 or 6 I think and as Roy said lost it into turn 2. Tried to get back in track safely and carry on the fight. tyres went off towards the end of the race and tried to hold Nick back for 5th , but didn't push the issue to hard as we might have both gone off.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Norman Bruce

Norman Bruce Pro Driver

I've been forced off track in 3 of the first 4 races, non of them were my fault and until now I have said nothing. I would welcome some incident reviews but maybe that takes too much time and is no fun for the admins.
    I had no time to practice for these races, just half an hour before race time. So in these two rounds I managed to go off track without any assistance.:oops:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

I do not think that the administrators have the time to review the complete race so you need to file a protest. It could be that the faulty driver does not think that he was the problem - could even think it was you - so a bit of education could be required. So by filing a protest you are helping everyone.
    nb: I remember seeing at least a couple of those incidents and I made a mental note to watch out for a certain driver.

Edit: This is my opinion only. I can not speak for the administrators.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

A fun series but I was a bit annoyed at myself for these races. I was a bit messy.
    My apologies to Roger for the tap first lap in the first race. Happily no consequences though. And my apologies to Roel in the second race when we had a coming together unfortunately sending you off the track. The replay showed that the error was mine.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Again, i'm a strong advocate of the Helicorsa and crewchief apps. Altough they will not have you avoid every incident, a lot off them can be avoided by using them. Both apps will help you have close races without hitting eachother.
    One can still make a judgemental error like I did in race 2 with the Rob incident. If this happens, be a man about it and apologise. Even take a penalty if it is decided that way. But never deny it when a mistake has been made. That last bit is worse than the mistake itself.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Nassim Alaoui

Nassim Alaoui Pro Driver

by the way guys , i ve noticed that there is no Replay Saving on Seat Leon Race , is Replays specific to certain Races or it's just not released yet ?