Assetto Corsa Comp ACC SRO FKR Next series planning

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione' started by Rob Milliken, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

Hey Rob, pretty easy to set the days in the event.json, though not sure how it works on your rented server, if you can just upload new json files?

Here is part of an event.json example I have just made

Code:
    "track":"laguna_seca_2019",
    "preRaceWaitingTimeSeconds":180,
    "sessionOverTimeSeconds":120,
    "ambientTemp":25,
    "cloudLevel":0.4,
    "rain":0,
    "weatherRandomness":1.5,
    "sessions":
    [
    {
    "hourOfDay":13,
    "dayOfWeekend":2,
    "timeMultiplier":1,
    "sessionType":"P",
    "sessionDurationMinutes":120
    },{
    "hourOfDay":10,
    "dayOfWeekend":3,
    "timeMultiplier":1,
    "sessionType":"Q",
    "sessionDurationMinutes":20
    },{
    "hourOfDay":13,
    "dayOfWeekend":3,
    "timeMultiplier":4,
    "sessionType":"R",
    "sessionDurationMinutes":60
    }
    You just need to change the dayofweek setting.
    1 = Friday
    2 = Saturday
    3 - Sunday

That has
    120min practice on Saturday at 1pm
    20 minute quali on Sunday at 10am
    60 minute race Sunday at 1pm

Yes, I was there for Spa at night :D

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Andrew Williams

upload_2020-9-7_20-21-33.png

Screenshot of the multiplay server settings above.

Note the track is now FAST rather than GREEN

Whilst I understand the weekend starting green and the grip increasing, for people wanting to jump online during the week to practice for the race, a green track needs a completely different setup to the optimum grip that we have in the race.

• Like Like x 2
  3. I wish the grip would increase throughout the sessions depending on the amount of laps driven (as long as the rain doesn't wash the rubber away). That way if people want more grip during the race, they need to join during practice and rubber the track in. That will give a sort of randomness in grip, instead of always having max grip during the race.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

Fridays are bad for me. I am looking forward to more ACC here as I don't get a fix elsewhere. I like having a sprint series and an endurance series (even though the last few I've missed, that is not normal for me!)

5. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Thanks Andrew ! I will give this a try before the next series & see how it goes ..
    Meanwhile in the down time: with the next 2 ACC series starting first week of October the 2 SRO servers are up and running for public racing ..
    Main server 1 (30 public slots 50 private slots) is set for multi class MIX with 30 min races- 15 min Q -20 min P (for player join) SA =80 Track medals =3 ( also has entry list with most of all SRO members on it so if your rating is to low you should be able to join anyway ..)
    Server 2 is set up with the Porsche 991.2 GT3 Cup cars (16 slots) low restrictions ..SA 50 track medals 1 ..
    Randomize track when empty is on for both servers ..

• Like Like x 1
  6. Andrew Williams

Apparently 'optimum' doesn't mean 100% max grip. Fast is a range of grip percent, then optimum is another range of grip percent (eg optimum is 97-100% (but don't know the actual numbers))

You could try setting the race to happen on a Saturday instead of Sunday, and the race may start with a 'fast' track.

• Informative Informative x 1