Assetto Corsa Comp ACC Test Race / Fun Runs

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione' started by Rob Milliken, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

ACC B1.jpg Registration

This weeks fun run will be Barcelona !
    Date :Sat Aug 10th
    Race time: 20:25
    Q time: 20:00
    Free practice: 18:00
    (all times GMT)

To keep your game updated please use the latest Beta branch
    (follow the simple instruction from the link)

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Rob Milliken

For this round we will be using/testing the SRO series registration entry list to give it a shake down so please head over and register ! remember these are fun runs/no points or rankings ..
    We are also currently testing the acc entry list feature , witch in turn allows for the driver swap feature to work . I have a few members in the list already but will eventually need everyone steam player id's ..
    since this is testing I'm going to share with everyone what this entails.
    Being on the entry list means you bypass all the rankings & track meddles no matter what the servers settings are and are able to join & race .
    The entry list allows you to add up to 3 drivers per car for driver swaps . so teams of 3 for 12 hr races is possible . (stil a wip )..

This is what the entry list looks like and all these drivers are already on it . (I have removed your playerID#'s for privacy but they go behind the S) If you wish to be on it just ask ! & I will need your steam ID#
    We currently have a server running with a safety rating of 70 / track meddles at 3/ race craft at 40 .. with these settings only good clean drivers can join (unless your on the entry list then you get in no matter what) Please have a go & let me know if you can join ! server name = SimRacingOnline 1.0.5+

{
    "entries": [
    {
    "drivers": [
    {
    "firstName": "Rob",
    "lastName": "Milliken",
    "shortName": "FKR",
    "driverCategory": 0,
    "playerID": "Sxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
    }
    ],
    "raceNumber": -1,
    "forcedCarModel": -1,
    "overrideDriverInfo": 0,
    "isServerAdmin": 1
    },
    {
    {
    "firstName": "Norman",
    "lastName": "Bruce",
    "shortName": "Pulse Motorsport",
    "playerID": "S"
    }
    ],
    "isServerAdmin": 0
    },
    {
    {
    "firstName": "Andrew",
    "lastName": "Williams",
    "shortName": "WIL",
    }
    ],
    },
    {
    {
    "firstName": "Ken",
    "lastName": "Jagger",
    }
    ],
    },
    {
    {
    "firstName": "Yusuf",
    "lastName": "Macit",
    }
    ],
    },
    {
    {
    "firstName": "Flaviu ",
    "lastName": "Bozga",
    }
    ],
    },
    {
    {
    "firstName": "Roger",
    "lastName": "Hinds",
    "playerID": "S7"
    }
    ],
    },
    {
    {
    "firstName": "Ed",
    "lastName": "Jones",
    }
    ],
    },
    {
    {
    "firstName": "Larry",
    "lastName": "Thomas",
    }
    ],
    }
    ]
    }

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  3. Germano Intorcia

Germano Intorcia Pro Driver

Ciao rob on 75 minutes , have windows pit open ?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rob Milliken

Pit stops work & are open but you can prob make it on a full tank!

5. Germano Intorcia

Just im worry only for tire . 1 h can driving but more 15 minutes is a problem. Can we pitstop obligatory ?

6. Rob Milliken

Yes all of that is working ! server is up ! use the default PW !
    I have removed the entrylist for now as for us its not working ;-/ (user error I'm sure:D but I will figure it out )

Note* server is set for quick race fun runs until Friday ,then it will go into race day mode !

7. Rob Milliken

Entrylist FIXED , It will be off for the event as I need GUID's from 3 or 4 drivers on the signe up list ..
    Now that it's fixed we can start to test the driver swaps !
    If you are interested in helping simply reply , it will next week at a time to be determined .. I need your steam GUID same as AC. I have most of you but there are a few I still don't have ..

8. Germano Intorcia

Ok

Attached Files:

9. Rob Milliken

Got It Thx !!

10. Rob Milliken

ACC 1.0.5 Beta branch build 3981789 is the current .. Remember as long as your signed up for the beta branch you will always be up to date & make sure you have up dates on hi priority for ACC , it will auto update every time you fire the game up so you will always be on the current version without having to do anything but start the game ..

11. Rob Milliken

If anyone's having tire status info issues in the UI here is why :
    Hello all,

With the help of some forum users (thank you!) we found that have a UI bug, that shows high grain and most importantly high blistering values on the tyres while in reality there is not even light.
    To make it clear for you, the "internal physics value" for blistering, goes to a range from 0 to 100, while the UI thinks the same range is 0 to 1. So when you get 0.7 blistering (which is nothing) it thinks it should write "severe!"

So, for 1.05 version, just ignore the writings regarding blistering and graining. It is usually very very low, even if it says otherwise.
    Flat spots are correct.

KS Dev. Vehicle physics, hides under every rock | Aristotelis Vasilakos

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Rob Milliken

New build released Today :
    Dear #ACCompetizione racers,
    the v1.0.6 update is live on Steam! Restart your Steam client in order to detect the update!

#beACC

GENERAL:
    - Fixed a potential crash when resuming career and championship.
    - Added first implementation of blue flags during qualifications.
    - Tweaked MP highlights to avoid unnecessary out-of-track highlights.

GAMEPLAY:
    - Sprint Race driver assignment now matches real-life rules. (Drivers are designated to Q1, Q2, R1, and R2 based on license).

UI:
    - Added chat window on Multiplayer menu screens.
    - Fixed a bug where the player could remain stuck in the podium animation sequence when using VR.
    - Fixed wrong default tyre set when opening MFD pitstop page without going to setup before the session.
    - Fixed MFD not updating in non-interactive phases.
    - Removed engine repair option from MFD.
    - Relocated "lock to horizon" setting from video settings to view/camera settings page.
    - Now possible to save driver profile with a blank nickname.
    - All setup strategies start from 0 litres of fuel instead of 2.
    - MFD now correctly shows 0 fuel to add from pit strategy.
    - Player now receives alert of pitlane speeding in real time, not at the end of the pitlane.
    - Disabled an obsolete PP effect that resulted in heavy GPU load in the user interface with ultra-high resolutions.
    - Pit window message now includes a timer with time left until it closes.

AUDIO:
    - Reworked audio bank loading logic.
    - Reworked pitlane audio listener priority.
    - Improved exterior and blow-off valve sounds for Ferrari 488 GT3
    - Volume level minor tweaks

RATING & MULTIPLAYER:
    - Server admins can assign a free formation lap (without limiter) via /manual start during the wait time.
    - Private servers can set up a full formation lap via "shortFormationLap": 0 in the settings.json.
    - "Setup" cannot be selected as Spectator.
    - Fixed Pit MFD page not always visible in driver swap scenarios.
    - Improved timing accuracy in driver swap scenarios.
    - Session overtime will now be skipped in more clever ways.
    - Fixed HUD disappearing under certain circumstances.

PHYSICS:
    - Fixed Mercedes-AMG GT3 excessive fuel consumption.
    - Fixed setup UI showing excessive blistering and graining values.
    - Fixed aggressive setup selection for Porsche GT3 at Nurburgring.
    - Fixed Mercedes GT3 brands hatch aggressive setup TC, ABS and ECU values.
    - Bentley 2018 ECU is not zero-based (starts from 1).
    - Porsche 991 GT3 R ECU maps between wet and aggressive setup corrected (now inverted).

• Informative Informative x 3
  13. Rob Milliken

And there's more !
    We now have the code to do a full manual form lap w/o rev limiter , executed by a admin command when all cars on on the grid for the start = admin /manual start
    This will remove the limiter and allow us to do a manual form lap (full lap only) .
    And we have some new code to add that I have already added to our server that allows us to set up the race for mandatory pit stops as well as a list of other cool things regarding as follows: pit windows open close , mandatory tire change yes or no , allowed to refuel in race yes/no and more ..

Keep in mind the rules we will be using (more to come) are for Blancpain GT3 sprint & endurance racing not anything else so for instance the pit window is configurable for time in seconds and will ALWAYS become active in the middle of the race so what ever the race time like in a 60 min race the pit window will open at 30 min in & will stay open for what ever time we set so if it's set to 10 min that's the window to do your mandatory pit & its not adjustable at this time .. lots more regarding BP rules ,we can talk about that later ;-)
    This is what the server side code looks like so you get an idea :

{
    "raceMandatoryPitstopType": 0,
    "pitWindowLengthSec": 600,
    "driverStintTimeSec": 300,
    "isPitstopAllowedInPractice": true,
    "isRefuellingAllowedInRace": true,
    "isTyreChangeRequired": true,
    "isRefuellingTimeFixed": true
    }

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Rob Milliken

Here is the official explanation of the new parameters added:
    The property raceMandatoryPitstopType has 3 values: 0 = off, 1 = pit window, 2 = driver stint limitation.

If raceMandatoryPitstopType is set to 1, a pit window with the length of pitWindowLengthSec seconds will appear in the middle of the race. Like in Singleplayer, it is required to change the tyres to serve that mandatory pitstop. For regular Multiplayer without driver swap scenarios, no swap is needed (as it isn't possible). In case you run a team car with more than 1 driver entry, you have also to swap the driver to get the mandatory pitstop cleared.

If raceMandatoryPitstopType is set to 2, we will use the endurance logic to force pitstops by limiting the stint time of a driver. We will use the driverStintTimeSec parameter for that. While active, the UI will show your current stint time left next to the laptimes widget; plan ahead to get to have your stop done when it goes to zero. There is a small tolerance (similar to real life), but better not gamble too much here. Overdriving your stint time should reward you with a Drivethrough penalty.
    Again, the feature should force you to swap drivers if possible; on a non-team car it's enough to change the tyres.

So the usage should be clear; use the pit window to have an uncomplicated forced pitstop in the Sprint series style, or use a driver stint restriction to force how many pitstops you like in the Endurance series style.

The other 3 values also are functional;
    isPitstopAllowedInPractice - well the name says it
    isRefuellingAllowedInRace - same here
    isRefuellingTimeFixed - If set to "false", the pitstop will take the time needed to do the actual action (Sprint pitstop, or Joker stop in Endurance). If set to "true", the pitstop time will be fixed for everyone independently of how much fuel is added (non-Joker Endurance pitstops).

Note for the future: The file format is likely to change, so don't get too attached ;) Atm it was just the easiest way to expose the internal structure. Make sure to fill out all of the fields, there's no default handling. Also use "true" and "false" instead of the usual "1" and "0" for the last 3.

Example 1:
    Code:
    {
    "raceMandatoryPitstopType": 1,
    "pitWindowLengthSec": 600,
    "driverStintTimeSec": -1,
    "isRefuellingAllowedInRace": false,
    "isRefuellingTimeFixed": false
    }

gives us a 10 minute pit window at the middle of the race. While we can pit/refuel in practice, it's not allowed during the race, and the pitstop takes as long as it takes (pretty much a Sprint configuration).

Example 2:
    Code:
    {
    "raceMandatoryPitstopType": 2,
    "pitWindowLengthSec": -1,
    "driverStintTimeSec": 3900,
    }

gives us a 65 minute driver stint time; refueling is allowed but the pitstop will have the same minimum duration for everyone (can ofc. be exceeded by repairs). Given a 3h Endurance race, this would force at least 2 pitstops.

Example 3:
    Code:
    {
    "pitWindowLengthSec": -1,
    "driverStintTimeSec": -1,
    "isRefuellingAllowedInRace": false,
    }

results in no pitstop ruels, but we still can disallow refueling during the race.

And so on - you get the idea ;) Let me hear what you think and the experience you make with it, so we can "officialize" it when it is ready to go. Also notes about the /manual start and "shortFormationLap": 0 are welcome here.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Rob Milliken

The next Race we will be testing the mandatory pit stop , please familiarize yourself with the pit menu and how to navigate it , I suggest pre sets ,one for the mandatory tire change only (quick stop) , & one that fix's damage w/ tire change ..

these are the settings for the race :
    {
    "pitWindowLengthSec": 900, <<<<<<< 15 min
    "driverStintTimeSec": -1, <<<< off
    "isRefuellingTimeFixed": false
    }

So you get the idea? its a realistic type scenario where it takes as long as it takes to do what you need to do in the pits…..
    The rules states that the pit window will cover the half way point of the race … you can pit anytime for damage ..
    To clear the mandatory pit you must do a tire change within the pit window . info will be on screen ..

• Like Like x 1
  16. Rob Milliken

Guys be aware I totally screwed up on the dates ..we will have a Race This Saturday July 20th at 21:25 @ Misano,
    We will still have a race on the 27th & it will be a different track … sorry for the confusion :oops::eek:..I thought for sure I put the 20th ..I just now noticed as I was gong on the server to practice & looked at the site first to make sure the server was green lighted .. & saw the 27th :D

17. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

@Rob Milliken could you confirm that it is at 21:25 GMT, one hour later than normal?

18. Rob Milliken

Yes .. the next 2 are in that 21:25 time slot ..

19. Xavier Eugeni

Xavier Eugeni Pro Driver

Good practice yesterday. Happy to see pit stops working nicely. Miscalculated fuel, had to change map engine to 2, and while racing had to change my default values in pit menu, using both wheel and mouse. No problem at all.:)
    Rob, are we getting the necessary data from the results file?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

I couldn't find the right place to stop in the pit. Tried going backwards and forwards, a bit to the left, a bit to the right but just would not work. Finally got DQ'ed for going the wrong way!
    Do not know what I am doing wrong. Often seems to be a bit hit and miss. Is this just me?