ACC Test Server UP !

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione' started by Rob Milliken, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Edward Jones

Edward Jones Pro Driver Donator

I got a little damage with just a couple of laps left in the race. The car was still driveable but I thought I'd go ahead and see if they would fix the damage in the pits. While trying to get my pit stop set up to only fix damage I managed to smack the wall a couple more times and now the car was heavily damaged and didn't want to turn at all. I managed to make it back to the pits finally and couldn't find my box. I was looking for a red box or indicator as I drove to where I thought my pit box should be. As I got close I saw an opaque white wall around what I thought must be my stall. I might be wrong, but it seemed to only appear when I got close to it, but maybe it was there the whole trip down pit lane and I just didn't notice it or realize what it was until I got close. Anyways, I think it fixed the damage but I never got a chance to find out for sure since it gave me 1:30 secs to fix it and the race ended before I could get back on track. This sim may still have a few gremlins, but I'm having a lot of fun with it!

2. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

The pit stops are not yet working with this build so that would explain a lot ! Many posts in the ACC forum describing the same issues we had ..

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

They'd better get a move on in fixing all these things before final release date on May 29th. :eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rob Milliken

The team is actually a few builds ahead with internal testing , this current 0.7.2 build was to address mostly net code stuff , allot of the mp stuff going on now involves place holders .. i bet we don't see another update until the 1.0 .. saying that might also mean a new build comes out tomorrow lol :D

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Patrik Trefny

Patrik Trefny Pro Driver

anyone today for ACC race?

6. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

I did have plans to race only just got home.

7. Patrik Trefny

Patrik Trefny Pro Driver

I was there alone anyway so I switched to rf2 :) but just for information - the race should start 8 pm CET, right? because there is 1 hour practice session right now.

8. Rob Milliken

It's an open testing format, P1 will start at 19:00 race at 20:00 Im heading there now !

9. Patrik Trefny

Patrik Trefny Pro Driver

sure, I know it is just testing but would be nice if races starts as announced - at 19:00 GMT if possible. maybe more people would be there to have a race for fun. btw - do you know if there is any chance to have the server in some "favorites" group and preferably with saved password? I was mad to every time take down VR headset, put glasses on, type server name, then take down glasses, put on headset, click on password, take down headset, etc, etc.. :D:D

10. Alberto Alvarez

Alberto Alvarez Pro Driver

I found a couple things strange:

- The car was fine during practice and Q. Hell, it didn't like the curbs at all, but it was the only problem, I knew I shouldn't abuse them, but when the race started and I reached the first couple of chicanes the car didn't brake as it should, didn't have any exit grip at all and the suspensiĆ³n felt super-stiff. I thought it was just a typical temp problem for the first lap, but it didn't get any better. If the track was just iced cold shouldn't it affect all cars?

- Once I passed Norman in the main straight it felt like he had lifted off the throttle. Another time with Rob I had to fight more and I wasn't ahead of him until the braking point, but with Norman it was too easy, like if I was driving a LMP

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rob Milliken

I noticed some strange stuff as well , it seemed like Rodgers car also was squirrely when I was behind him , he also was in the Ferrari he spun off the curbs in 1st chicane like you did .. it was a fun test anyway ..I guess not much point in the testing now with the new build 1.0 in 2 days ! next week we test with v1.0 !

• Like Like x 1
  12. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

I haven't been playing much of ACC yet, and haven't tried the online. But once v1.0 is out I'll give it a shot. Not sure how long it will take before I get bored of GT3, we'll see.

13. Rob Milliken

Some good info regarding 1.0

Server defined entry lists

For league and server admins: 1.0 servers now support entry lists, which seamlessly transform public pickup servers to the equivalent of AC1 booking servers.
    You can add user SteamIds to this list, which opens a few special options. For example, you can
    - Override the name
    - Override race number
    - Override the PRO/AM/SILVER car category
    - Override the style the appearance* of the driver, helmet, suite
    - Define teams (see 5) )
    - Force a car model; users still define the appearance, but can only join in the defined car model
    - Override the car model + appearance* : regardless with what car the user joins, the server wins
    - Elevate drivers to admins automatically

*appearance is not yet a supported feature

Everything in this list is completely optional and can be turned on/off for each entry.
    Additionally, entry list entries bypass rating requirements and client limits (unless there is no physical pit slot available). That way, server admins can always join their servers; or small league-like groups could run their races on public MP with insane SA requirements, and be happy about drivers with e.g. 99 SA can join them.
    We will provide a quick overview in the server admin thread, and prepare a sensible documention during as soon(tm) as possible.

Then this one:
    6) (Multiplayer) driver swaps

[​IMG]

Given more teams configured in the entry list, the first driver to join the server will obtain control over the team car. When team mates join, they will be spectators instead; and the active driver will be updated about the connection status of his teammates. Using the Pitstop MFD, he now can assign the next driver just like in Singleplayer races - the swap will automatically happen during the next pitstop.
    [​IMG]
    Server admins, please pay attention to the "spectatorSlots" - having driver swaps may easily double the amount of connections needed during the pitstop phases.

7) Spectator mode

Wait, did you say "Spectator"? Yes, server admins now can setup both the amount of available spectator slots and a spectator password. Joining a server via the (old) server list using the correct password will join you as Spectator without car. You will be able to broadcast, chat or even use race director commands (see 7).

Attention: Driver swap connections are not supposed to use the spectator mode password; they should try to join "regularily".

Ok 24hrs to go for 1.0 :D

• Like Like x 2
  14. Andre Depit

Andre Depit Pro Driver

15. Rob Milliken

Test server is up with V1.0.0 !
    This Mondays Track is Spa !!

I would like to turn the ranking on ,as it is now its off so anyone can join , I would like to set it for all of us with low rankings to be able to get on and rank up however the lower you set them the less grid spots the server allows . this is to stop low ranked servers from filling up and having T1 pile ups = ranks dropping ..
    if anyone know a good formula for the settings :
    this is default all off -1
    "trackMedalsRequirement": -1,
    "safetyRatingRequirement": -1,
    "racecraftRatingRequirement": -1,

So if you see anything on the forums let me know !

• Like Like x 1
  16. Rob Milliken

Ok I have adjusted the ranking as follows (for all us newbs with lo rank)
    "trackMedalsRequirement": 0, this is incase anyone has not turned enough laps at Spa to get the 1st track medal.
    "safetyRatingRequirement": 15, this should be low enough for all of us to join ..
    "racecraftRatingRequirement": 10, again should be low enough ..
    If anyone cannot join let me know & I will turn them down ..
    These settings give us 13 grid spots , as we bump them up more player slots open ..

17. Rob Milliken

I have joined the ACC public_beta and now have the updated the server to 1.0.1 with the hot fix to stop the random CTD . We were told its totally compatible with 1.0.0 so you should be able to join with no issues if your on 1.0.0 ..
    (hot fix will officially launch Monday if all goes well) Please report if you have any issues !

18. Edward Jones

Edward Jones Pro Driver Donator

Not sure why but I can't get in with the default password.

19. Rob Milliken

PW is off today , testing if it is seen in "quick race" search the server & join .. I was just on with 5 drivers

20. Rob Milliken

If the official 1.0.5 does not get released by race time you must join the steam acc beta branch to get the 1.0.5 update .. you need it ! *( we are on 1.0.5 now)
    To setup steam so you can join the "open beta":

1) Open your Library, locate "Assetto Corsa Competizione"
    2) Right cick the entry to open the context menu
    3) Click on the last item "Properties"
    4) Select the last tab "BETA"
    5) Enter the code for the public beta: accBetaBranch
    6) Click "Check Code"
    Desktop Screenshot 2019.06.02 - 20.15.48.13.jpg

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...nd-the-public-beta-branch.57636/#post-1056762

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 1