rFactor 2 ADAC GT Masters Info

Discussion in 'ADAC GT Masters Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

All yours Sean :)

2. Sean Devlin

Sean Devlin Pro Driver

Gentlemen does anyone know of a rfactor 2 map/track plugin that works with dx11.. Many thanks Sean...

3. Barrett Erickson

Barrett Erickson Pro Driver

Only thing i know of, Sean, is the SHQM HUD available on STEAM:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1243928467

Not as good as TrackMap was and doesn't help much with tires, but aside from giving you the necessities (without the need to cycle thru screens) it does offer a delta time and a bit more info on fuel usage.

4. Sean Devlin

Sean Devlin Pro Driver

Thanks Barrett...

5. Sean Devlin

Sean Devlin Pro Driver

Logitech G29 Steering wheel Question. If anyone racing in this Gt Masters class has a G29/920, do you have a setting for steering Rotation? In this evenings race at The Red Bull Ring i could barely get round turn two without turning the steering wheel like a rally car. I was using 900 degrees in the profiler and the max setting in game (i think this was 450) Any ideas? ..Many thanks Sean

6. Barrett Erickson

Barrett Erickson Pro Driver

I have an old Fanatec PW GT3 v2 and noticed a similar problem early in practicing (could barely get turned into the pit lane). I wound up setting wheel rotation to what rF2 was reporting (480 i think). That seemed to work better, but shouldn't have been needed as i understand the way this is supposed to work.

7. Sean Devlin

Sean Devlin Pro Driver

Steering settings all sorted. :)
    Is there any Website for rfactor 2 gt3 car setups? (Ferrari 488 or other). C u all at the next race :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kahel Grahf

Kahel Grahf Pro Driver

Also have to problem with this mod... where the degree of rotation get mess up... and make the cars ffb feel bad...and the steering not connected to the road.
    I tried to match the my wheel driver directly to 480degree to match the game...and it feel way better now.
    The weird thing is that when I went back to 900degree on logitech drivers and 480degree on the game... the problem seems to disappear.

So the mod might be better than I thought feeling wise... but a little buggy.

9. Ken Jagger

I don't recall having a problem with my TS300, so sadly can't comment or make suggestions. At least it seems there is a way to resolve it by changing the wheel settings both outside/inside the sim.

10. Kahel Grahf

Kahel Grahf Pro Driver

Yeah... it's actually a good news because that's a good mod to have... and it's an easy fix.
    I've seen some other drivers having this issues...maybe only logitech owner, not sure... need to check that.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Kahel Grahf

Kahel Grahf Pro Driver

I did some more test about the simtek GT3 steering issues I had...

I first tried a GTE from enduracers... no matter what I put on my logitech setting (range of 40 to 900degrees in logitech drivers)... the car always felt the same and gave me the same feedback with a 612degree rotation in-game... Which I supposed is standard in rF2... and I can change the degree of rotation per car directly in-game.

Whoever... with this GT3 mod if I put 900degree on logitech's drivers... and 480degree on game... the cars steer less... the feedback gets mess up and the car overall feels disconnected of the road.
    Once I match the logitech's drivers to 480 everything feels way better and 'connected'... I had a problem with this mod until now but the mod actually feels decent now.

So Every one having 'feeling' issues :D... just try to match degree of rotation both with the logitech drivers and in-games cars.

PS: after some more recherche and speaking around with other logitech's users. Seems like this is a common issue between logitech drivers and rF2... and not only for the simtek GT3 mod... I'll need to check that...
    Here's a cote from a friend... ''There is indeed a bug/mismatch in between Logitech drivers and RF2 that gives you this problem. My solution was to delete any RF2 profile there was, as any changes in that was disregarded by the game anyway. Then make changes in the default profile instead, like the wheel rotation.
    This is a workaround and the wheel rotation needs to be changed for more or less every car, or at least to a value that suits you.
    This has been reported several times over more than a year and now finally I read somewhere that S397 will look into it."

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Kahel Grahf

Kahel Grahf Pro Driver

Had the same problem Sean. It's a common issue with logitech wheels and rF2. Studio 397 are working on fixing it apparently.
    Look at one of my post above if you want to know more. There is an easy workaround this problem.

13. Roel Postma

Roel Postma Pro Driver

New entry for me in this series

Car : McLaren Pirelli World Challenge GT 2016
    Number: #13 K-Pax Racing (stock skin)

14. Ken Jagger

Take it away on the trailer Roel ;)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Oscar Köhnen

Oscar Köhnen Pro Driver

hi,