Automobilista 2 AMS2 Test Runs 2023

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2' started by Rob Milliken, Sep 26, 2023.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

sprint test 1.jpg
    Registration

The first 2 test races for the latest public build of AMS2 are now live!
    The tests will be 25 min sprint races using the AMS2 Sprint Race car
    Races will be on Wednesdays @ 19:00 GMT / The practice server will be up 24/7 and the round one server is up now!
    The first race is Wednesday, Oct 11th
    Automobilista 2 Screenshot 2023.09.26 - 01.47.03.02b.jpg

Last edited: Sep 26, 2023
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Rob Milliken

The race server will start at the top of the hour 18:00 for the 1 hr practice session on race day.
    The first person to join will become the host so please do not join the server if it's empty to allow the admin to join first!
    Thank you!
    The race day PW is set on the Champ page
    These are test runs so be sure to report your findings here after the race;)

If at first you don't see the server try refreshing the list and/or restarting the game.

See you on track!

3. Rob Milliken

Dont forger server is set for real weather!
    Best to bring an umbrella today!;)

4. Gert-Jan van Osch

Gert-Jan van Osch Pro Driver

Hi, I mounted slicks so I was lucky it was dry in the race.

Qualifying in 2nd I had 2 spins in the opening lap returning dead last. Fortunately driving behind someone gives more information about the multiplayer behaviour than when driving in front.

When I was driving behind Rob I noticed small lagging of Robs car... Some point later in the race I was driving behind Scott. At some point he was standing still backwards on track and I passed him. I think he had a disconnect, because half a lap later he was driving 4s ahead of me. I also noticed cars standing beside the road flickering.

I had crewchief running... giving me a lot of track limit warnings LOL
    I also have my home made button box where program with serial com port program is running in the background

I saved a replay. Do not know where this file is stored in AMS2 but I can share it if you like.

From simulation point of view, I do not find these cars driving realistically. The response is sooooo slow and I feel completely disconnected from the road. Completely a different experience than rF2 or ACC. Hope Reiza still has a lot of work ahead of them improve the physics in my opinion.

CU all next week.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Rob Milliken

First of all thanks to everyone for showing up to the test! very cool ..I am on the beta team and report directly to the devs so everything helps!

I think i had the race sessions "real weather" off by accident but it was on in P1 & Q .. I will double-check that!
    To me, the cars felt pretty good! forn combo.
    Remember these tests are weekly! The next round will be the same cars at Brands. After that we will have the GT4's at a track to be named later (2 rounds) followed by some prototypes in the same format, then we need to test the open-wheelers & stock cars on the oval with the safety car.:rolleyes::D
    So that's what's in the pipeline for these test runs! I hope you can all join again as we progress through the different cars & tracks AMS2 offers!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rob Milliken

Being on the closed beta team we are about 3-4 builds ahead of this public release and there are massive psyx changes going on to all cars and a tire modification as well .. so Your hopes are coming true!

I didn't see a lot of lag but did see some and also one car flickering off track on the last 2 laps. At one point my game collapsed to Windows desktop o_O:eek: it was like I hit the Windows button, but of course, i did not lol, simply clicking the closed game on the toolbar brought it right back but I had already hit the wall & had bent steering and sus damage lol I will say it felt a lot like rf2 driving with the damage haha .. The weather was cool and will get that sorted for all sessions next time..

7. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

Here’s what the server weather forecast looked like. 4 slots: Cloudy cloudy cloudy and haze. which is basically what the race was except the haze.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2023
  8. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

Also I only noticed a little lag from Phil and alot from Roman (which is the same in pc2)

9. Phil Brown

Phil Brown Pro Driver

Thought it was OK, didn't think the physics were too bad. The thing I noticed is that if you go off you have no idea where the other cars are so that you can rejoin safely. Or am I missing something.

10. Rob Milliken

Do you have the track map on? and radar?

11. Rob Milliken

Yup saw that in the server files ..its adjusted for next round ;-)

12. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

I totalled the car to the point destruction on a concrete block I think. Damage model works pretty good, I can tell from experience.
    Like Gert-Jan, I also don't feel connected to the road. It feels a bit floaty, but maybe I need to work on my FFB.

#Rob, what I would very much like to see is a "search box" in the multiplayer server list, so you can actually find the server by typing the name.
    Can you pass that on, please?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Rob Milliken

I totally forgot, Its already there! use the filter from MP menu.. & I just tested it and it worked first try.. filter.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Rob Milliken

As for the FFB, there are so many variables & custom files I finally just gave up and deleted all the custom stuff and went back to square 1. I felt the same as you with the FFB being way too light so I started messing around with the defaults and got it to where I like it & closer to how rF2 feels.. this might seem extreme but give it a try lol
    I'm using deffault+ and maxing everything to 100 lol.. try it with the sprint car & see how you like it haha, we both have Logitech so it might work for you ..it feels almost like rF2 to me now .. with good resistance and road feel .. Automobilista 2 Screenshot 2023.10.12 - 00.12.45.59.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. Rob Milliken

Results processed with no errors! We are using scoring in the tests ( to ensure we have the result software in order) but crashes & DNF's will not affect your rankings as rankings are off for all test runs..
    (we are also testing points for the fastest lap in the race & fastest lap in Q, 1 point each )

16. Phil Brown

Phil Brown Pro Driver

No, didn't know it had one, l look for it

17. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

I messed up the date :(

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

Gotta get in to drive car and go to options/edit hud and find those boxes and change to' full'

19. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Thanks I will try that :)

20. Rob Milliken

Also regarding the lag issues, the internal builds we are testing in the paddock club have some nice tweaks to the net code that have smoothed out some of these issues we are seeing. we do internal MP tests once a week with anywhere from 15 to 20 drivers and those sessions have fewer issues than what we are seeing in this latest public release, we still have a player or 2 with issues but for me, it's been solid MP & Im across the pond from the server with a ping of around 180, also we are testing on reizas dedicated server as it's known that the AMS2 ded copied from PC2 ded has its downfalls regarding how the bandwidth is distributed & that's what they are focused on improving.. :)

• Like Like x 1