Automobilista 2 AMS2 Test Runs GT4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2' started by Rob Milliken, Oct 17, 2023.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

2. Phil Brown

Phil Brown Pro Driver

Not sure if the correct password is set on the server Rob, it won't let me join

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Rob Milliken

Yes, it was still set for the last race ..
    Fixed..
    Thanks

4. Stephen Wenham

Stephen Wenham Pro Driver

unlikely to make this weeks test race, its my sons birthday so we will probably still have guests round at that time. Looking forward to Donington the week after, just been there in real life at the weekend to see the British GT series race

• Like Like x 1
  5. Paulo Rodrigues

Paulo Rodrigues Pro Driver

Sorry, but i cannot find the password....
    Found it...:rolleyes:

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Rob Milliken

Race Day PW is set on the Champ page!
    The server will restart at the top of the hour @ 18:00 for official practice (and for the admin to be first to join / host), Please don't join the server if it's EMPTY at this time or you will become the server host!
    Feel free to be on the server anytime (as host or not ) before the 18:00 hour but know server will restart at 18:00 gmt ;)

7. Rob Milliken

Also, I will have a live stream of the race going from my point of view, the cockpit ..:eek::D

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rob Milliken

Scratch that, I forgot I'm hosting and don't want to mess up or create any bandwidth issues due to running OBS ...:confused::rolleyes:

9. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

First kilometers with AMS2, it was a interesting experience. In the end I am not sure what to make of it. It felt actually a bit like a worse AMS1, or a better Project Cars 2 ;)
    Yeah, I am probably a bit biased, it is still fun. Apart from that, I am not sure what happened to Julian. Everytime he come close to me into the last corner he lost his car. Was that due to a lag of my car?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2023
  10. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Ok race, considering it was spur of the moment and just after work.
    I under-fueled the car so had to stop but that’s ok, just lapping really. My times were ok although the oversteer that just wouldn’t quit was getting on my nerves. Just tried to be as smooth as possible.
    Frame rate was ok but then I had issues in traffic, couldn’t figure out what was wrong then realized because I’d changed cables, windows had decided to switch me back to the internal graphics rather than the graphics card! Lol.

anyway all good, my very first league was the stock V8’s on Stock Car Extreme. Any chance or a league in those brutes? Lol.

no performance issues, there were some cars jumping around but nothing bad.

the dump to desktop I sometimes used to get in Project Cars 2. I traced it to windows notifications and made sure they were shut off. Not sure if that was the issue you had.

11. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

‘yeah I have a friend who races on RF2 and AMS1. He refuses to race on AMS2, doesn’t like the feel at all although I have tried bribing him to join us on here. Haha.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

It was bit funny. Have i played this game before? Matbe year or 2 ago Installed it yesterday and launched it when joined server
    I remember uninstalling it, it kept crashing previously.
    Wheel didnt work, i was on bonnet cam, no clue what button does what.
    Tried to do some setup but that was waste of time as driving wasnt there.
    I did remember to do pit strategy!! Changing rear wing took only 6 seconds. Had fix aero only on.
    I do like this game somehow but just havent got the hours in it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Rob Milliken

This is why we are doing the test runs, to feel it out & see just what its all about! I had FFB issues early on with how the cars feel in general but got it sorted to something that feels a cross between rf2 and acc, I use Logitec but the newer G923 with true force and better peddles. This game supports true-force like ACC does, TF is a pretty cool feature that simulates engine vibration threw the wheel, so you really feel the revs etc..
    There are endless tweaks for the FFB with this game just like PC1 & 2 and some community files you can add found in the ams2 forums. Basically, you can change the entire feel of this game if you know what you are doing :rolleyes:o_O:D..
    One cool feature is you can enter the settings menus from the server or single-player on track / in pits and change things without needing to leave the game Automobilista 2 Screenshot 2023.10.25 - 23.47.54.76.jpg then Automobilista 2 Screenshot 2023.10.25 - 23.48.00.08.jpg All without needing to leave the game session.
    To get the drivers view how you want go to Controls >> Automobilista 2 Screenshot 2023.10.25 - 23.46.37.32.jpg

We have a few more runs with the GT4's then we will change cars again. Experiment with things and have fun!
    I will say being on the paddock club closed beta team we are about 4 builds ahead of this public release and I can say they have made some nice changes with psyx & the tire models and its feeling pretty good! closer to rF2's feel, to me anyway.:rolleyes: They have also been tweaking the net code and it's much improved, we have MP beta tests running on the Just Race platform during the week so lots of work is being done.. I'm going to live stream one of the beta tests before they switch to the "not for media" build that's coming in the next week or so, (we're not allowed to show any of that stuff lol :oops:) this current beta build is out of the "not for media" state so we can talk about it and show some stuff bla bla.. ....;)
    Desktop Screenshot 2023.10.26 - 00.14.54.06.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  14. Rob Milliken

Testing ,testing , uhum.... well the results posted BUT looks like I need to fix the car Types:rolleyes:o_O It shows everyone in the Camaro :mad::cool::p

I will try to get it sorted for next round .. This is why we test ;)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Rob Milliken

Race Day PW is set for GT4 round 2 on the CHAMP Page!

16. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Evenings this week so will be missing every race there is.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Kai Syvertsen

Kai Syvertsen Pro Driver

Kilpailuaika on minulle liian aikaista, luulen etten pysty osallistumaan.

18. Stephen Wenham

cant see the password anywhere

19. Stephen Wenham

managed to guess it

20. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

oh I didnt save replay and forgot, as the start lights started to come on I pushed the clutch in and threw some revs but my car launched :confused: and didnt get a penalty?! Just one more weird issue..

• Agree Agree x 2