Assetto Corsa General Discussion

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Sim Racing Online, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Here is another tip for more apps in AC !
    open the AC folder where ever you have it ..default its steam/steamapps/common/AC
    Find & open the system folder & find the cfg folder .. Open the cfg & find the file assetto_corsa Open this up with notepad & find this line >
    [AC_APPS]
    ENABLE_DEV_APPS=0
    <extra apps off
    SCALE_STEP=0.1
    Change the 0 to 1 and you will open all the dev apps !
    [AC_APPS]
    ENABLE_DEV_APPS=1
    <extra apps on
    SCALE_STEP=0.1
    Theirs allot of cool stuff in there !

• Like Like x 1
  2. John lock

John lock Administrator Staff Member Donator

if there is no car model tire template installed in protyres it won't work, as there isn't one for the 8c thats why I was having probs, ah well standard kunos will do

3. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

Hi guys!
    Does anyone know of any app for AC similar to rF2's GID?

Thank you

4. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

6. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

I really like GID mostly because it gives me fuel consunption per lap, and lap expetancy in current speep/boost, etc.. and because it gives me detailled info on tire degradation and tires "life" expetancy also. I'm used to rely on these information during races. One could say that GID has spoilled me a bit :)

7. Ken Jagger

Like XD has(did) for me with rF2 :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rob Milliken

screen-6-Gallery01.jpg The Kunos guys just announced there next game ! coming summer of 2018. Watch the trailer on steam !
    Vid > http://cdn.edgecast.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256709076/movie480.mp4?t=1519232292

Assetto Corsa Competizione is the new official Blancpain GT Series videogame.
    Thanks to the extraordinary quality of simulation, the game will allow you to experience the real atmosphere of the GT3 championship, competing against official drivers, teams, cars and circuits reproduced in-game with the highest level of accuracy ever achieved.
    Sprint, Endurance and Spa 24 Hours races will come to life with an incredible level of realism, in both single and multiplayer modes.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is born from KUNOS Simulazioni's long-term experience, and it takes full advantage of Unreal Engine 4 to ensure photorealistic weather conditions and graphics, night races, motion capture animations, reaching a new standard in terms of driving realism and immersion, thanks to its further improved tyre and aerodynamic models.

Designed to innovate, Assetto Corsa Competizione will be VR Ready and set to promote eSports, bringing players at the heart of the Blancpain GT Series and putting them behind the wheel of Ferraris, Lamborghinis, McLarens and many other prestigious GT racing cars, all reproduced with outstanding level of detail.

REALISTIC SIMULATION
    Assetto Corsa Competizione is designed to faithfully recreate the performance and the driving experience of real Blancpain GT Series cars through a sophisticated mathematical model that accurately replicates tyre grip, aerodynamic impact, engine parameters, suspensions and electronics systems that determine vehicle balance, as well as the influence of mechanical damage on the car's drivability.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Prelude to AC2 I think.

10. Ken Jagger

Call me cynical perhaps, but it just smacks of a Branding exercise to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Oh, there is money involved. Loads of it. And guess out of who's pockets that has to come? Perhaps they should have called it "Assetto Corsa Iracing"

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rob Milliken

Its actually a good business ploy if you ask me .. & they have made it clear its not AC2 ..In fact its only the 'kunos cult community' that talks about a supposed "AC2 " ,kunos has never mentioned or hinted toward's AC2 .. But this on the other hand is brilliant .. Its just like Microsoft = planned obsolescence .. Why settle for small chunks of cash with low priced DLC's when you can get a big hit once every 15 months or so selling a single series package ..you know the kunos cult will pay pay pay for anything they put out .. and there is no word "sim" in any of it ..they call it a video game , they have learned what to say & not say to keep the masses from blowing up the small details after the fiasco AC was in the beginning with the title "Your Racing Simulator" when it was more of a 'driving game' ,not so much 'racing game' lacking most of whats needed to call it a racing game .. now 8 or so patched/builds later it has some racing features , remember it never had pit stops,flags & the game would end as soon as the leader crossed the finish line so no matter where you were the game just stopped as soon as the leader hit the finish line ,no racing to the line for any other positions :confused: haha I remember the flames on there forums & that's just a few of the many..

They have come along way and learned allot ! If you look close the current AC is still lacking the horse power to take it any further ..
    Now they have some new blood ,new programmers and have put together something to compete with pc2's & rf2's weather & day/night transitions plus the new unreal4 engine to power it and now they only have to concentrate on one series all be it 10/12 cars but still its a single series game ! easy money when compared to AC with all those cars to have to code for.. then after this they will have the next single series game to sell all over again with (put some other real life series here) or what ever ,that part doesn't matter .. its all about being able to keep coming up with more new different stuff to sell for bigger chunks of $$$ .. Just Like windows 10 ,11,12 on & on for ever & ever.. I Live in Microsoft land ,there headquarters is about an hour away from where I live .. I have met friends that worked at Microsoft & they have shared some of the internal goings on from there power meetings .. sure things develop and we get new tec ,But I've been told the main goal is to simply keep creating things over & over to keep the product moving ,holding us all hostage forcing us to have to buy the latest version .... now that's something to be pissed about ! .. At least kunos (and all game developers) are creating something for entertainment ! so you can choose to buy or not ,but in the end its a business model and to keep the fire burning you need to keep the cash flowing ,so why beat yourself up with the old one light source engine when you can take advantage of the latest tec and do something you love & get paid for it ! & only having to do the one series & not mess with the old massive code base ! hell Its not a bad way to go ! lol :rolleyes: The Kunos guys posted on twitter "This is just the tip of the Iceberg" really ? what a set up ! this will go on and on & on & on ..$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :D

Im sure it will be a great game to ! so more power to them ! I happen to really like the Blancpain GT3 cars so its an instabuy for me ..that is after I am forced to upgrade to win 10 to run it :( caz it wont run on anything less than win8 as posted in the requirements :p

• Like Like x 1
  13. Rob Milliken

14. Ken Jagger

Glad to hear you haven't been suckered in by it all then Rob and are not part of the "Kunos cult" :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Rob Milliken

Here is a translation (short notes) of an interview with Marco from kunos on the new ACC to see what some of the features of the game will be .

1. Driver swaps confirmed at the beginning of the interview.
      They spent 8 months in R&D and decided to use the UE4 for their game and it will probably used for their future projects.
      Early access (beta version) at a lower price than the release one.
      Many teams use AC for the training of their pilots. Some of the teams also asked them some advices to build their own simulator.
      Direct collaboration between pilots, teams and kunos.
      They will use the 2018 season for the content.
      There will be 10 circuits used in the Blancpain series (you can find them on the blancpain calendar).
      They will follow their philosophy, so the handling will be realistic (as it was in AC).
      Tyre model, aero and suspension geometry will be improved thanks to new developers that have been hired in the last year (one of them is also a mechanical engineer).
      ACC will be more versatile and easier to use for people with less experience (which doesn't mean less realism).
      The feeling of the car will be improved.
      They received numerous esports contacts, but for the moment they are focusing on the development of the game. (Based on the way he talked about this, i believe esports will come)
      Official leaderboards (basically RSR inside the game).
      They hired the guy behind minorating.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Ken Jagger

Assetto Corsa on 50% off at STEAM for Today Only!

17. John lock

John lock Administrator Staff Member Donator

do we have to fork out again for this:mad:

18. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

I for one do not intend to buy it. Why would I, its only bringing us content that is already available right now. The only extra will be the night cycle. BTW, how come the Blancpain 2018 series is run on 11 tracks, but the new game will only offer 10?
    I'll wait for GTR3 and AC2.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ken Jagger

The 50% offer on STEAM is for the normal FULL AC version, not the "Competizione" version which is not due for release until sometime this summer. For some unknown reason the link from STEAM displays this latest news, instead of the standard sim information.

20. Ken Jagger

NO :)