Assetto Corsa General Discussion

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Sim Racing Online, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

did you see this from the official Blancpain site ? > https://www.blancpain-gt-series.com...to-sim-racing-with-assetto-corsa-competizione

lol Its not just night cycles .Kuno also enplanes how the new engine will allow the psyx to run in 64bit (AC is 32) and they a re re building everything from scratch other than an small amount of base core psyx from the gt3's they took from AC to give them a base to start from & they had to learn how to tweek to the new engine and fine tune the over all changes they are making .. Rain /day/night cycles and a brand new 64 bit psyx ...
    You will probably see a GTR3 before you ever see an AC2 , Kunos also stated his relief that they will no longer have to tweek the huge AC code base as it was such a headache having all those many cars with different psyx & all He also said they have all but stopped development now for AC & he wont ever go back to something so huge .. If anything at all we can expect smaller releases of other licence /partnered materiel threw 505 games with the UR4 engine in the up coming years ....
    Never say never ... :D

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Can't wait for a championship ;)

3. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

I still feel the scope is to narrow. Unless they allow for private mods which I highly doubt this time around. But we'll have to wait and see I guess

4. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

And I still see 12 races on the 2018 series, spread over 11 tracks. Kunos say ACC will only include 10 tracks. Which one will they drop?

5. Rob Milliken

They are using what ever tracks Blancpain selects/allows so you might ask Blancpain officials :D its their call all the way as they carry the licences ..
    as for Modding , there will be no official modding or modding tools for ACC says Lord Kunos in this post he just made however they also wont be policing it either so I expect some guys will still be modding it ;)
    from Kunos:
    1. We are totally aware of the importance of modding and its contribution to the success of Assetto Corsa.
      It's a great way for new talents to emerge, for the community to "suggest" new directions and/or simply to make a product richer. It is not a coincidence that some of the best guys in this community are now contributing with us to the evolution of the software.

However, for ACC this element will have to be put in stand-by mode for a series of reasons. The most important one is that we have given ourselves an enormous task of rebuilding, once again our software from (almost) scratch. In a world where pretty much every product you see on the market in simracing is an evolution of games that have been on the market 10-15 years ago, our approach is to get a big axe and reset things to (almost) zero before starting with a new project, ACC is no exception.

In this case the task is rendered more complex by the fact that we are using, for the first time a third party engine that we did not design ourselves and the truth is, given the amount of time we have available to deliver ACC to the public, we have more than enough on our hands trying to figure out how to use the engine effectively to also think about how to make the platform moddable.

As you can imagine, this has been source of endless discussions in the last year and half as every decision comes with pros and cons, there is going to be pain no matter what your final call will be. It goes without saying that we believe we made the right call even if that means loosing the huge benefits of a moddable platform.

So to recap, there will be no action from our side regarding modding, both in the direction of promoting nor offering any kind of forum support for it as in the opposite direction, we have no intent to stop it from happening if some smart guy figure out how to do it. o_O:rolleyes::p

6. Rob Milliken

A new version of Magne Cours has replace the current version we have .. Please update your install with the new track !
    Magne Cours 1.4

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

Any info on the ForceFeedback (and understeer problems) development? Tire model, etc.?

8. Rob Milliken

Good question Ricardo , I have not seen any details yet , kunos stated some ware in a thread I read that they have a chance to expand on the current psyx and make it better .. He also said something about the Unreal engine being able to go farther in depth with the psyx side & to expect some nice over all improvements to the older AC psyx .. Then he went on to say something about when they began with there first game & then to net car pro where it got more advanced & then AC when it all took off & now again taking the next step with ACC ! so we should be in for a treat !

• Like Like x 1
  9. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

If the feedback from an independent source who has driven the car(s) in real life is good, then i'll get AC-Comp. The thing is, if it is not than its just another game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Rob Milliken

We have added a 3rd AC server to the mix ! its a 24 slot (for now)
    It's up for testing BMW 32i racing @ Brands Indy , Quick race format 15m P 10m Q 15m Race on a loop .
    Please have a go and report any issues !

: SRO SERVER 3 TEST

Thanks !

11. John lock

John lock Administrator Staff Member Donator

seems ok to me Rob, mind you I haven't driven anything since July & won't be joining races till January when my eyes have fully recovered from my ops.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

If someone could tell me how do you add ballast to cars in AC in single player? Using CM or Kunos interface.
    Thanks

13. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Its one of the apps on the right of your screen when you're on the track. Only can't remember if its standard Kunos or an add-on app

• Like Like x 1
  14. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

Thanks Roy.

15. Louis Defor

Louis Defor Pro Driver

Hi everyone,

First of all a big thanks to SRO organizers, in particular John and Ken, and any others involved in the series’ organization.
    I couldn’t finish last season as exams creeped up on me, and I kind of disappeared. What brings me back today is the recent beta release of (yet another?) 1967 Nurburgring. This one stands out though, as while it is a remake, it is of far superior quality than the other 60s Nürburgrings I know. It feels deliciously close to the GPL version of the track, especially in our GPL mod F1s (and it sort of looks like it too in these early stages :)
    It is supposed to include both the Nord and Südschleifes in its final version, but right now we have only the Nordschleife.

As drivers of these cars are few and far between on the public servers, I propose to anyone interested (Matteo?) that we get together and have some friendly drives / short races on this and other tracks. I know not everybody likes the Green Hell, and I’d love to discover new tracks as well.
    If anyone is interested I can host the server at a time that suits us most.

Thank you all again for these two seasons that launched me into online simracing!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Louis Defor

Louis Defor Pro Driver

Thanks Ken for moving this.
    I posted this in a forum for the GPL 1967 F1 Series Season 2 (which ended quite a few weeks ago), so the cars I am referring to are the GPL mod F1s for AC.
    (Edit: That’s a link to another website. The mod can be found on SRO as well.)
    You can get the track here.

Everyone is welcome, just tell me if you’re interested!

• Like Like x 2
  17. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

@Louis Defor if you race on AC's laserscanned nordscleife, I'm in, if that time suits me. I think Jukka would like to race there too.

18. Louis Defor

Louis Defor Pro Driver

That’s great @Henri Miettinen ! I like the Kunos NS as well. I will have a real challenge on my hands if you and @Jukka Drugg are my opponents.
    I probably won’t be able to race this week until Friday afternoon as I have two exams before then, but after that any time in the late evening is fine for me, say after 18:00 (CET).

19. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

I'm not sure how late I work on Friday. But if it's not too late, we can run the race.

20. Jukka Drugg

Jukka Drugg Pro Driver

Green hell and 60´s open wheeler... count me in if just timing suits me