Automobilista's Future?

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by Doug Dezan, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

Unofficial is fine with me. I'm still figuring the sim out. FFB is not feeling well for me at the moment. I did try again yesterday and it's a bit better but still not how I want it to feel. I'm really slow at the moment, I was some 8 seconds slower compared to leader boards on a single lap before :eek:

But I do see potential in this title, so I'll keep trying!

2. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

After every FFB update you should delete all the AM2 files from your documents AM2 folder so it uses the latest data.
    But you will have to re-assign all you settings and buttons.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. John vd Geest

Maybe it's a good idea to start an Automobilista 2 league when the time comes, just like AC and rF2 Endurance.
    It's an effective and efficient way to organize things.

4. Jukka Drugg

Jukka Drugg Pro Driver

I would try to delete folder John said and if that does not work you can try these if they feel better with your wheel.
    https://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/new-and-improved-lexxvrs-custom-ffb-for-ams2.10540/
    https://forum.reizastudios.com/thre...orce-feedback-overview-recommendations.11135/
    For my wheel the feel is absolutely perfect with default FFB. And really easy to tweak with just couple sliders (not that RRE nightmare with million sliders)

Also make sure you switch traction control off also after deleting the folder because default is on even on some cars that should not have TC and deleting folder puts it back on (at least it did earlier)

And count me in if timing just fits my calendar

I would recomend Lotus 49C, P3 (1st car), Copa classic Fusca, Caterham superlight or Dallara F301. I also have track recommendations for these (and some other) since I have tested the on all tracks and made sheet on how they fit for each track.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Oh dear. Here we go round the Mulberry Bush yet again...:rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
  6. Jukka Drugg

Jukka Drugg Pro Driver

Mulberry Bush???

7. Ken Jagger

The saying comes from an old English Childrens song https://www.mamalisa.com/?t=es&p=1463
    In simple terms it means here we go around in circles again, or in this case regarding AMS2, haven't we been here before with other sims released with issues.

8. Jukka Drugg

Jukka Drugg Pro Driver

We will never know if we don´t try. And unofficial is good place to try things out and report to Reiza if we find something.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ken Jagger

I agree fully with you. The point I was making was not related to that. :) It was meant as an observation that despite all the MegaHype dished out about new sims, they are pretty abysmal in many regards when they are supposedly in "release" state.
    Take the new Microsoft Flight simulator as another example :(

10. John vd Geest

SimRacingOnline AMS2 server Up & ready for testing !

We have created an Automobilista 2 league. You can find it through the link below.

Automobilista 2 League

• Like Like x 2
  11. Jukka Drugg

Jukka Drugg Pro Driver

Yes, that seems to be modern way to betatest programs and games. On good old days betatesting was done before release :p

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

There was also no easy way to push updates :p But agreed a lot of developers rely on the fact they know they can update anyway. Big studios take their time and can afford to release it when polished. Not saying Reiza is a bad one at all, there is much much much worse than them.

• Like Like x 1
  13. John vd Geest

Automobilista 2 Test event on Tuesday September 15
    Objective: gathering data for implementing AMS2 into our result system.

We are currently building AMS2 into our SRO system.
    On September 15 2020 we will do a test event to gather data for the implementation of our result system.

We would like as many members as possible to help us with this test and sign up.

Ignore
    the message: Do not register or post information to this site.

Details:
    Date: Sept 15
    Qual: 19.00 GMT
    Race: 19.15 GMT
    Duration: 30 minutes
    Car: Ultima GTR Race
    Track: Interlagos GP

14. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

The SRO AMS2 server is up NOW for pick up races (open join ) 20 min P, 10 m Q, 20 M Race ..This is also part of testing as we want to see how the server handles with a full load so its a public lobby for now .. As we move closer to the event we will lock it down with default SRO PW !

• Like Like x 2