Assetto Corsa Big Boys Toys GT Tour Series info

Discussion in 'Big Boys Toys GT Tour Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

2. Ken Jagger

In my personal ongoing attempts to provide different racing experiences here at SRO, I am pleased to announce this new series starting on Sunday 27th September 2020.

The idea behind it is to provide the opportunity to enjoy running and competing in some of the world's most desirable GT/Sports/Hypercars.

Members registering for the series will be expected to run each of the five car models at least once in the seven race series, rather than sticking to only one car, the intention behind this concept is to enjoy each of the cars on some of the interesting racetracks around the world and not just compete for race results. However points will continue be awarded as usual, so there is still the element of competition available to enjoy.

With the help and assistance of several of our members, the cars to be used, which are not part of one single AC mod, have been tested and evaluated to see how they compare on performance. Whilst they are reasonably close out of the box, they are not equivalent, therefore a Balance of Performance adjustment will be used using Ballast and Air Restrictor dimensions to try and prevent any cars from being too quick compared to the others. I acknowledge that there are also sometimes differences between members performances, but hopefully BOP adjustments for runaway drivers will not be needed, but are reserved for use if felt necessary.

Hopefully a good number of you will be attracted to this different kind of event and support our efforts to provide an enjoyable experience here at SRO.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Ken Jagger

These are the cars to be used in this series.
    Brabham BT62
    __custom_showroom_1595961082.jpg
    Ferrari LaFerrari
    __custom_showroom_1596390718.jpg
    Maserati MC12
    __custom_showroom_1596390759.jpg
    McLaren P1 GTR
    __custom_showroom_1596390788.jpg
    Pagani Zonda R
    __custom_showroom_1596390826.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  4. Interesting :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rocco Mina

Rocco Mina Pro Driver

Ho scaricato il circuito mosport ma non funziona

6. Rocco Mina

Rocco Mina Pro Driver

Resolved

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ken Jagger

English language only in the Forums please Rocco :)

The Windows folder structure in the track zip file is:
    Mosport 1.0 Final
    - assetto corsa
    - content
    - system
    You need to install the assetto corsa folder and contents into your Assetto Corsa installation. If you installed the Mosport 1.0 Final folder it will not work.

8. Alex Sander

Alex Sander Pro Driver

Hi gents, I'm thinking of joining this series, I read the bit about ballast and restrictors but I'm a little confused, do I need to download a mod?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
  9. Ken Jagger

The car & track mods needed for this series are shown on the race page https://simracingonline.co.uk/racing/eventinfo/1359
    100kg Ballast has been added to the Pagani Zonda, Brabham BT62 & McLaren P1 cars in the server configuration. You just pick the car for each race and join the server as normal.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Alex Sander

Alex Sander Pro Driver

Thanks Ken, makes sense.

11. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

Hi all,
    I'm late for this series but hope I'll be able to make the remaining races. The concept is quite interesting, Ken. How is it going so far? See you on Sunday.
    Jos

12. Ken Jagger

Good to hear you might be able to join us Jos :)

The idea of this series was really an experiment in seeing if it was possible to bring this group of cars close together using BOP adjustments as we went along, but either I didn't make that clear enough before the series started or some guys decided they didn't want to continue once I clarified that. It was worth a shot, but I'm not sure I will try the same thing again with other cars.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Ken Jagger

The following members will be unregistered from the remaining races in the series due to no-shows or not notifying of intended absence.
    Andrea Scodellaro
    Dimitar Dimitrov

14. Ken Jagger

The following member will be unregistered from the remaining races in the series due to no-shows or not notifying of intended absence.
    Marco Capacci

15. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

Hi @Ken Jagger, could you update the password for the server on the championship/event page please? Thanks.
    I'm in now... Not sure what happened earlier. Again. Sorry about the confusion.

16. Ken Jagger

I'll leave it at SRO default for this race.

• Like Like x 1