Assetto Corsa BMW 235i Racing

Discussion in 'BMW 235i Racing Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Mar 13, 2021.

1. Kimi Martikainen

Kimi Martikainen Pro Driver

All skins are quite awfull for my taste, #44 please.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Jose Branco

Jose Branco Pro Driver Donator

#171 please

• Like Like x 1
  3. Vasilis Doumanas

Vasilis Doumanas Pro Driver

#310 please :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Franz Herbert Mann

Franz Herbert Mann Pro Driver

5. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

• Like Like x 1
  6. Vasilis Doumanas

Vasilis Doumanas Pro Driver

Just a question.. Do we have a mandatory pit stop or not?

7. Ken Jagger

Any mandatory stops would be identified either on the race page, the race forum post or both.

8. Franz Herbert Mann

Franz Herbert Mann Pro Driver

• Like Like x 6
  9. Ray Norton

Ray Norton Pro Driver

I didn't actually intend to join this race as i only decided at the very last minute to just run a few practice laps to get a feel for the car as i have never driven it beforeo_O. Long time since i loaded Assetto Corsa up and couldn't find my way around the UI:eek:. Next thing i know i am at the back of the grid before the race so thought i might as well run some laps before i went off to watch tonight's footie. Tried to keep out of everyone's race and actually enjoyed it, gratz to podium and hopefully i might get closer at Goodwood, cheers guys:)

• Like Like x 4
  10. So, joined the series ‘cos I like my tin top racing, but haven’t done much with AC before so need to do a bit of homework.....
    @Ken Jagger , do I need to select a specific vehicle?

11. ......and is it just me.....the gear ratios are a bit naff on this car, and not adjustable

12. Ken Jagger

Only is you want to use a specific skin, otherwise it will get assigned by the server when you join.
    Many series, both real-world and sim-racing use limited setup options like this. Primarily in the RW it's for keeping costs down. The BMW 235i Racing was one such car. The fixed gearing has to suit multiple types of tracks, so there is never an ideal set of ratios to fit them all.

13. no problem on the skin front, I’ll get what I’m given!

I get what you’re saying about fixed ratios, but 2nd to 3rd is quite unrealistic, however, you learn to drive round it. Apart from that it’s quite fun to drive!
    Looking forward to it

• Like Like x 1
  14. Not much experience with AC, can anyone advise why my clutch pedal doesn’t seem to do anything? It’s set up fine but it doesn’t seem to disconnect the drive. Starting seems to be a case of rev’s high then select first when the light go out!

15. Ken Jagger

That's pretty much it Chris for any car which uses some type of auto-clutch, DSG etc. One of the failings with AC in my view as I like to use the manual clutch for starts too.

16. ..ah, OK, so I’m not missing something! I do like the clutch for starts, but once up and running it’s not used. Cheers Ken

17. Ken Jagger

You can still use the clutch in a roundabout way with this combo as long as you can co-ordinate successfully i.e. Full revs in neutral with clutch pedal down, on the green select 1st gear and then use the clutch to control the start.

18. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

I've tried the link to the Live Timing webpage and its asking for login details. There's no registration that I can see. What login details do we use here?

19. Ken Jagger

We are in the process of switching game server providers so there may be the odd hiccough now and then before we get everything bedded back in again.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. I like to try some quick races offline against the ai at tracks I’ve not driven before, so downloaded the Zolda circuit which show the mod build to be 2017 (there seems to be 2 different ones). The results were hilarious! The rest of the field just crash into each other or the right hand barrier on the start finish straight and block the track! In fact on the other downloaded track, they go straight on at T1, over the gravel trap to the pit Lane exit, and rejoin the race at T2. Has anyone else experienced this?