BTCC 2017 - WIP

Discussion in 'Race 07' started by Kenny Press, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Kenny Press

Kenny Press Administrator Staff Member Donator

Spotters Guide BTCC 2017.jpg

BTCC 2017 mod for Race 07 (Work in progress)

......All 32 drivers that entered the first event at Brands Hatch R1.
    ......All default in game cars so no extra mod needed.
    ......Will require the STCC and STCC2 add-ons for the in game models.

4 cars to finish designing then I will put the mod together.

Anyone up for testing it for a series?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

I will do some testing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Still need to get Race07, but I will get it. So if need be i'm up for testing

And its BTCC. Who doesn't like BTCC :D

Just had a look. The game and 2 add ons are only 8€. So that's not to bad

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  4. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Just tried the demo version of the game. Tested a WTCC 2007 car at Brands GP. Needs some tweeking.

But, I'M SO IN FOR THIS!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kenny Press

Stop making me want to get it done quickly:p

All the cars are custom skins at the minute, once I've done the designs its onto making them work in a mod. If anyone enjoys file editing you're more then welcome ;)

Quick question, the Subaru is RWD and I've used the in game Volvo as there is no Subaru. The Volvo is FWD so do you guys want me to turn it to RWD or are you happy to stay FWD? Changing FWD to RWD is a pain..........I mean challenge to do :rolleyes:

6. Nigel Middleton

Keep them as default cars.

7. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Doesn't really matter. Only best to let everyone know if it is FWD instead of RWD.

But Kenny, just out of interest. Are the cars you are creating basicly WTCC cars that are converted or are you doing them from scratch?

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  8. Kenny Press

Its all in game content, if I could do the models I would but have no idea how to start (or patience to start).

I will modify the engine power slightly as the BTCC cars are faster then the WTCC 07 cars.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

@ Kenny, What do you think the attendance will be for this series? I've been looking around and found that not many people still do Race 07. Its a shame really because its a good game

10. Kenny Press

It might be a "shot in the dark" with race 07 and attendance. I ran R-07 events at Race2Play for 9 years, it started at around 18 - 20 per event and dropped down to 2 - 4 towards the end of R2P. It did make me smile when I asked why ppl don't race R-07 they said its because they prefer newer sims with the better graphics and yet I kept seeing them guys racing rFactor events which I could swear blind that was out before R-07.

The drop in attendance was also the reason I thought of giving up with sim racing because I like the WTCC cars from R-07 and with no one racing I though whats the point. But now that Nigel snapped me up before I gave up, I got back into doing sim racing again and I will always fight for Race 07 as its where it all started for me. So I will try and see if anyone will join us.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Nigel Middleton

Race 07 is where i started as well i still like the game or though an old sim graphics are still pretty good:)

I will do a lot of advertising when the series is up.
    There might be racers out there who would like to use there Race 07 sim again online but there are no sites to race this is where we come in:)

12. John lock

John lock Administrator Staff Member Donator

can do some testing

13. John lock

John lock Administrator Staff Member Donator

hope you're going to keep the weather condition as variable, makes for some interesting racing on slicks when it starts raining part way through a race
    Josh Price has a new livery with A-Plan (Red), still part of the aiden flux team

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  14. Kenny Press

Yeah I know Josh has changed to his own colour, I did the Subaru's before he did but I may change it and also I may add Brett Smith and Rory Butcher as they replaced the 2 that got injured. And after this weekend Rob Huff will be a part of the BTCC so I will add him as well once I get round to it :rolleyes:

15. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

So I just saw you posted this on FB again. TAKE MY MONEY ALLREADY!!!! I CAN'T BE MORE IN!!!!!

:mad::p:D:D

• Like Like x 1
  16. Nigel Middleton

Yeah get it out there we are going to run a Race07 championship :)

17. Kenny Press

Give me chance :p Not at home and have really bad internet speed (at parents), managed 30kb max download with 89kb upload! BT broadband is a joke. Will be faster to drive in car to each of your house's and give you the mod in person! Will hopefully get it sorted for when I get back to faster speeds. Have started to convert it to a mod, got 4 teams sorted so far. Will carry on while I have no internet gaming to do :(

18. Nigel Middleton

I just put it out there so everyone can see we are going to run it :)

19. Kenny Press

Aaaah its so nice to finally get home and back to the online world! 20kb download speed has been driving me nuts and it finally got sorted the day I came home! Anyway hopefully either tomorrow or the day after I will have build 1 ready to share :)

Still got to add the BMW's which I should get into the build before sharing. After that the is one more car model to add and 3 cars to design.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Pro Driver

Ah race 07: the starting point of my simracingcareer as well. :)
    But for me this is just sweet memories with all the new sims. Maybe if turnup is low, why not try to do sthing in rre? It 's former simbincrew and has a lot of touringcar content.