rFactor 2 Daytona Road Course 2.4 Hours Special Event

Discussion in 'Endurance League: S397 Endurance Pack Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jun 15, 2020.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Fuel and tires stay the same = 1 x normal.

2. Andrew Blackburn

Andrew Blackburn Pro Driver Donator

thank you

3. John vd Geest

Clarification

Formation lap procedure

How does the race start?
    1. The race starts by a formation lap.
    2. The formation lap is done double-file after the last chicane
    3. The pole sitter stays on the speed limiter from that point on and everyone stays behind.
    4. Four seconds between classes.
    3. Green flag for the overall polesitter when crossing the start / finish line.

• Like Like x 2
  4. John vd Geest

I have been called out for not respecting the outcome of the pole, so Low ABS is back in.
    Sorry for the confusion I've created. You can decide for yourself if you want to use it or not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rob Vandenberg

Rob Vandenberg Pro Driver

pffff....

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Barrett Erickson

Barrett Erickson Pro Driver

Clarification on start procedure please. "Green flag for the overall pole sitter when crossing the start / finish line."

Green for all when the LMP2 goes? Or green for each class when that class pole sitter goes at the start / finish line (which is how i interpret the Buddh procedure for tomorrow)?

7. Andrew Blackburn

Something came up that will have me away from the computer for a while. Hoping to make it back before practice ends so I can give it a try.

8. Jerry Chen

Jerry Chen Pro Driver

I love the way the 488 drives, but it sounds like a broken vacuum cleaner. I think i would slit my wrists having to listen to that for 2.4 hours

9. Jason Whited

Jason Whited Pro Driver

Are custom skins allowed on server? Just wondering before I go in, was going to add mine if so.
    TIA...looking forward to this :)

10. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Yes they are

• Like Like x 1
  11. John vd Geest

When the pole sitter goes, we all go but ... you can not overtake any car before you cross the start/finish line.

12. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

I'm sorry I'm trying to unregister but I assume there's a time lock in place as I can't remove my name.

I've been unable to have any meaningful practice for this event and since S397 did the changes to the Oreca I'm really struggling in it. To go from winning in this car to having trouble just completing five laps without crashing is just a horrible feeling and I need to take a step back and start all over again with this one.

I've gone from lapping in the 33's around here to lapping in the 42's. What was my favourite race car ever in a sim is now a pain in the backside! lol.

Anyway, good luck to all those that are taking part :)

13. Andrew Blackburn

Just got DQ's from 3rd place for what I think was I did not turn my headlights on fast enough. Huge bummer! That sucks

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Edward Jones

Edward Jones Pro Driver Donator

What a bunch of horseshit. DQ'd for not turning on the headlights soon enough in broad daylight. I was following another car so didn't notice the warning and when I did see the message I was going to wait just a few seconds until I was through the chicane before turning them on. Broad daylight!!! I don't appreciate having my time wasted on crap like this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

Same here !
    Saw the message, waited to go through the chicane, pressed the wiper button instead by error, pressed the headlights button but it was too late and got warped back to the pits. That really sucks. And it was not even dark!
    Off to bed and will go and cry to the Misses. and maybe get a bit of comforting;)

16. Andrew Blackburn

Hilarious. My wife told me to let it go. hope you had better luck

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

RF2 has always been that way if you don't turn them on straight away you will get a DQ
    I know it sucks.

18. Barrett Erickson

Barrett Erickson Pro Driver

Yeah, that sucks big time. Happened to me once at Le Mans during the R2P days and i've been hyper aware about getting my lights on early ever since. I don't think i even saw the message because mine were already on after a few laps. Don't think there's anything the admins can do about it. Maybe schedule transition races to start at night?

Fun race for me. Thought i'd lost my chance when i didn't quite get enough car into the pit box when trying to squeeze between a couple retirees. Not sure why the track leaves them in the pit box, but that sucks too. Lost a few seconds and came out about that much behind Carl. Unfortunately, Carl appeared to suffer the same snap spin in T1 that i'd been struggling with since the car updates.

Still, fun racing with several people!

19. Jerry Chen

Jerry Chen Pro Driver

Had good fun with Neil in first stint. Didn't have enough top speed to match the 2 Astons. So I would close way up in infield, then just get out dragged coming out of sector 1 onto the banking haha.

I would like to make a suggestion for whoever is setting up the server. You need to load up like 15 AI and let them run for 20min and build up a real road file. Then use that real road file for the race. The first stint was like driving on ice in the infield. Having rubbered in real road for race will help the racing in the first stint when everyone is close together, it will make for better racing. I wasn't matching my offline practice times until the 3rd stint today, when there was finally some decent rubber laid down on the track and I could finally take advantage of the 911s braking and cornering speed.

Also, not sure if anyone else expericenced it, but I had massive freeze when Larry and Rob left the server. Like a good 4 sec each time it. Not sure what is going on there ... Haven't had that happen in my other league I race in, we had 30+ cars on the server with people leaving mid race as well ...

20. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

Another way is make sure the practice session is started so it ends (or close to) when qualy is to start, then the grip built up by the drivers is used. In this session is was unfortunate that the weekend was restarted 15 minutes prior to qualify. I had not the lag you mention by the way, but some drop in FPS at T3 (or T2 depends how you count T1) during night.

It was an good race, surprisingly qualified 2nd and close action with several drivers until the last 35 minutes. In the last pit stop I mange to de-activate the pit limiter, got an s/g penalty, on my way to that I got an d/t for cut and then damage at pit exit to repair after that (was way to unstable under braking)... :oops::oops::D That blow away any chance to podium, but still manage to end P4 so satisfied with that :)

Regarding the headlight, easy fix if you know it's an night race, just put them on during formation or 1st lap and forget them after that.