rFactor 2 Daytona Road Course 2.4 Hours Special Event

Discussion in 'Endurance League: S397 Endurance Pack Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

I know that now !
    I do not remember that you had to be so quick for putting on headlights. Is it because of the 4 x time multiplier?

2. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Congrats to Paulo and Barrett on there respected class wins.

I had a steady race very enjoyable for a change.
    My problem all the other LMP2 cars were at least 10mph faster than me down the straight i was using the Le Mans package?

3. Rob Vandenberg

Rob Vandenberg Pro Driver

Enjoyed the race. Although I had a decent qualifying time (for my standards) I was not able to squeeze out the same speed in the race. It might be due to my strategy to start on mediums, which I could stay on after my fist stop. Only after 50 laps, I switched to softs. Most likely is has also something to do with my experience. Anyhow, my goal was to finish this endurance race, and I did. Although... a few laps before the end I had an incident with Neil, that caused me a lot of damage, resulting in a full slow lap to get into the pit, followed by a long (over 2 minutes) stop to fix the damage. But with only a few laps to go I did not want to resign. I lost no position anyhow.

Have to say that I'm glad with the Private qualy.

For these races where headlights are required somewhere during the race I would suggest to make a notification in the briefing to remind all drivers to put on the lights (probably in the formation lap allready, like Jens suggests) because it is stupid to be disqualified for. (I had this during practice)

During the race I had no lag of performance issues, but there was this odd phenomena that Carl was constantly entering and leaving the race (which he probably was not doing). This caused major performance issues in the grid view and made it impossible to use the chat function properly. Luckily it was not affecting the race mode.

4. Marc Brink

Marc Brink Pro Driver

Got a drivethru for unknown reason. (didn't even notice until I got a warning to serve it)
    After serving the penalty immediately got a drivethru AND stop/go at the same time. (again for unknown reason)
    Decided to quit.
    Increase ride height for higher topspeed (= less drag), assuming you were on the lowest wing setting.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
  5. Neil Tasker

Neil Tasker Pro Driver Donator

Had a good race and felt i had a good car underneath me,
    A mistake on first lap on infield put me back of the pack from the get go,
    had a fab battle with jerry and peter in first stint no one was giving an inch but very clean and fair racing i didnt wanna get drawn into battle as i was trying to save tyres but i did and killed the fronts, took fuel and tyres in first stop and couldlnt get the temp back into them,
    thisis where it went wrong and lead to many spins and mistakes and just slow laps couldnt hold pace,
    so just brung it home,
    Rob sorry for damage i took damage too and lost a place, i thought you was staying inside so i tried to go offline and round outside, still happy to finish and take 5th

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rob Vandenberg

Neil, no problem. Just looked at the replay, I see it as a racing incident. Because I am aware of faster traffic, I always try to get off the racing line, so that the faster car can stay on it. Sometimes it even slows me down, but I don't want to spoil the race of others. I've noticed though that not all drivers overtake keeping the racing line. A bit confusing sometines, but I'm still learning.

7. Neil Tasker

Neil Tasker Pro Driver Donator

yeah no worries mate one of them things, going forwards though just stay online the faster over taking car will or should always go offline to go past and it doesnt effect you laps as much either,
    the slower car stays online which makes them more predicable for the overtaking car doesn't always happen though lol glad you managed to get it home till the end dude

8. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Yes i was thanks will remember for next time.

9. Andrew Blackburn

Andrew Blackburn Pro Driver Donator

Before I got DQ'd from 3rd I noted the two LMP2 cars in first and second were much faster than me on the straights as well. I also had Le Mans package. I was wondering what set up they had to go so fast down the straights.

10. Jason Whited

Jason Whited Pro Driver

I wasn't really prepared for a 2+ hour race. Joined anyways and was pleasantly surprised to be running at the sharp end.
    After night fell, I started having some [rather rare] framerate issues. A stutter developed and would not cease...started to bother my eyes and so I parked the car and DNF'd (unfortunately) It was looking to be the setup for a great race with Paulo, but it was not to be this time around (and I don't think I had it in me to do the full length anyways)

For those running LMP2 that wonder why they are slower in the straight.
    1 - Le Mans aero and rear wing at 1
    2 - "high speed" gearing (which caused the car to dance on rev limit nearing T1, but it is ok
    3- I see mentions of ride height (which is very important in this car)...but it's actually the rake that is more important for top speed.
    When setting up a car for Daytona, best to focus on the oval sections first...achieve high top speeds and be quick in the oval, then worry about the infield.

Congrats to class winners and podiums. I hope to be able to race here again soon and maybe actually finish next time around. :)
    Thanks to admin for hosting this event! :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  11. Rob Vandenberg

I'm wondering for a while what the number between the brackets in the on track Vehicle label (while racing online) implies.
    It seems undocumented, like a lot of things in Rf2. Can someone explain this to me?

12. Jason Whited

Jason Whited Pro Driver

Should be two numbers...position and ping. I think ping is the one in brackets, position stands outside brackets...could be the other way around though, I don't use vehicle labels all that much.

13. Rob Vandenberg

thanks, that explains why they are changing constantly... mystery cleared

14. Jerry Chen

Jerry Chen Pro Driver

Couple of quick snaps. Sunsets in rF2 make very nice shots.
    SRO daytona 1.jpg SRO daytona 2.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  15. Jerry Chen

Jerry Chen Pro Driver

Looks like i took a shot just as everyone was in the infield

SRO daytona 3.jpg SRO daytona 4.jpg

• Like Like x 3