Discuss your idea's for a new series here

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa League Season 4 Closed' started by John vd Geest, Nov 6, 2020.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

It makes it more complicated for me with the counts, but I'm oke with it. The others members have to agree too, because they have to work with it.
    Let's say if you get 10 likes or agrees, we'll use it.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ted Hough

Ted Hough Pro Driver

Well I wanted to, but my poor little Alfa got so few votes I wasn't sure if I was even allowed anymore, I don't know, lol. I might throw some more one-make vintage car proposals up onto the voting page later if I get a chance to score some footage of me driving them this weekend.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

I think this is a great suggestion @Maxime Tendil. It allows for more granular voting and better captures one's preferences.
    I'd suggest a modification (if it was not too complicated to be handled for those counting the votes)..
    Adding:
    "Winner" = "From all the mods I like, this is the one I'd choose if I had to pick up one!" = +3 points (With only on Winner per driver allowed)

LOL, I hope we are not getting too complicated. Otherwise, this will end up like the US Elections :D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. John vd Geest

The voting officially ends per January 1st. Until then the thread is fully open for submitting and voting. Once it's clear what we're driving we can select tracks for it. Let's say 3 weeks track voting. Then constructing the series and signups. The first race will be Monday March 1st.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

Let's make a voting thread to know if people are ok with the fact they could vote for my post to know if we change the way we're voting to know the series we're gonna make ! :D:D:D

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

Good idea Jos, I modify my post right now. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  7. John vd Geest

Before we proceed with that, I would like a vote on it.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

To be honest I voted "Disagree" with it because the car is pretty slow, I mean too slow I'm afraid. But the mod looks to be of very good quality, apart from the gearbox handling, which seems very very forgiving once again unfortunately. I've questionned the author to know what are his thoughts on this topic, but no answer so far. Is it supposed to be dogbox in it ? If so, then shouldn't the driver at least rev match correctly in order not to damage the gearbox ?
    I'm not aknowledged onto this car, feel free to explain me Ted, or Tim or anyone in 3 letters beginnig by a "T".. :p

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ted Hough

Ted Hough Pro Driver

It would have either had Syncrons or straight-cut gears (Not dogs) requiring a double-declutch, given how old it is. so yeah if the gearbox is too forgiving, that may be an issue in how it drives. There are similar one-make vintage cars available that are a bit quicker but still beginner-friendly I might go scrounge up and also suggest. I'm glad you liked the quality of it, at least.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kimi Martikainen

Kimi Martikainen Pro Driver

Good idea Maxime, except maybe its better that we don't use "winner" vote at all, JvdG has hell of a job to check that those are not used more than once, in a other hand, he has 3 MONTHS to do so... :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

Synchros in the "civil" car perhaps, but not even sure about all gears. I imagine more likely a full straight-cut gearbox in this racing version at the most ? Still it pretty surely would require a precise handling with a rather close rev-matching, don't you think ?

12. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

Yes, I was asking this myself also, though we all are civilized people who can keep it within the rules I guess.. Let's John tell us what he would accept/prefer and I will update the post as needed. (or he can do so directly).

13. John vd Geest

26 days to be exact :D

14. John vd Geest

I'm good either way. My system is simple and effective. It just counts the "likes" to tell the winner.
    For people who'd like refined data on a submission like "agree, like, disagree" your system would work better of course. I'll take the course of the league in this.
    On hindsight, you probably don't even have to vote on this :). Just apply it. I'll start now. What I don't vote for at all, I'm neutral on.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

Thanks, John. I'm adding here a video of the GT1 1997 mod. I'm testing the BOP. So far, the McLaren seems to be a notch up when compared to the Panoz (the other one I've tried) but this is just after very limited testing...

• Like Like x 2
  16. John vd Geest

Good drive. I had to get used to all the cars, because they each have their own unique characteristics which you have to adapt to.
    They all drive great. Love the Lotus Elise and Panoz best so far. That sound of the Panoz man, wow.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Just had a go in them - definite no from me.
    Dodgy feedback and models, and unnatural behavior when the grip lets go in several of the cars I tried. I kept meaning to check what tire model is being used as it doesn't feel like V10.
    Once on the limit of grip the Kunos version of the 911 is night and day better.
    Already deleted here :D

18. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

Which mod Tim?

19. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

the '97 GT1 mod.
    Given it's the same guy, I'm pleasantly surprised by the CanAm stuff I've got through so far - I'm not convinced it's accurate (I'd need to annoy a chap I know across town to find out on early 60's CanAm handling, he was racing an M1b not all that long ago :cool: ) but it at least feels nice and is good fun.

I've just taken an RSS GT1 out afterwards, had to stop but I didn't really want to - when I tried the Toyota GT1 from the link above earlier, I got far enough to feel the FFB and then parked up before I'd even done a timed lap! :confused:

20. John vd Geest

The FIA GT1 1997.
    Although Tim is an authority on car mods, we should not forget to drive what we like or feels like fun in the cockpit. It doesn't have to be 100% perfect to have fun.
    And this league is about having fun, not to strive for perfection. Just a thought I had :)

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020