Driver Rank

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Support' started by Nigel Middleton, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

A driver must be active within a 3 month period or there ranking comes off the leader board automatically.

When that said driver does another event it will go back up, This is in place to stop drivers doing a couple of races getting a high rank to keep them on or near the top of the leader board.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

Just out of curiosity, how does the ranking system work? ... it takes into account all the races one driver does, or just the last (10 or 20) ?

3. Sim Racing Online

Sim Racing Online Administrator Staff Member Donator

The ranking system takes into account all events, except ones that are excluded from rankings. There have not been very many exclusions. It is a career ranking.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

Cool! Much better than the way the other site did..
    A career ranking... Wise decision!

5. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Pro Driver

So, if i don't race in 3 months my ranking goes to zero?

6. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

No Rui it just comes off the leader board when you do another race your ranking will go back up.

We just do that to stop a member doing 1 or 2 races getting a high rank so they stay there. Experience from r2p where there were certain members setting up there own leagues with only a couple of entries to get a high rank.

In the near future members will be able to choose there own sim and time slot just like r2p.

As we are still a small site we need to be careful as we have limited servers, I believe that is where r2p went wrong in the end they had to put up servers with only a couple of entries and servers cost money.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

Could someone tell me how the driver ranking is calculated?

8. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

I think that were some changes made.. mine just went up, and i don't race for some time :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

That's a good one.:)
    So the more that I don't race the higher I get:D

10. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

Ranking was no higher than 10... now i see a few higher than that
    None of that matters anyway :)