DRS Vote

Discussion in 'SRO FKR DTM Championship Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Aug 9, 2017.

?

DRS on Tracks with NO DRS Zones ? yes - no

1. Yes free to use when ever

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. NO only allow DRS on tracks with working DRS Zones

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Guys For the DTM Championship what are your thoughts on using DRS on tracks that might not have DRS zones?

Im my experience sometimes the track without DRS Zones will allow DRS the whole track even during the race .. other times it simply doesn't allow it ,in those cases its no issue ..we don't have it ! lol

To get around this at Race2Play we just simply allowed everyone to use it 'at will' on those few tracks ! mainly because there was no way to enforce it properly ..and to turn it off in the RFM is a PITA .

So please have a look and cast a vote to help us decide what to do if this happens !

Thx !

2. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

I'll vote to allow everyone to use it 'at will'... but that's just me

• Like Like x 1
  3. Barrett Erickson

Barrett Erickson Pro Driver

Well, DRS in this mod always seemed very quirky to me and my teammates. I'd say disable it on all tracks, if possible.

4. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

Hey Barrett. Is it quirky like it doesn't work right or are there other more potentially serious issues that might cause game failure? Just curious about the issues. Thanks

5. Barrett Erickson

hi Mark (sorry, just saw the reply),

No, it won't cause game failure or anything like that. And as i remember it, the cars are great fun to drive.

But Ken, Mike and i ran some races back at R2P where the DRS just didn't function as expected. For others it worked fine. This was v1.5 of course, so things may have changed. But our experience was that often we weren't able to use DRS when we thought we should be able to. Might be the detection zone or the activation zones, track issues of course. Some would say "user error", and that may account for some instances, maybe even all of them. Maybe there's just some other factor we're unaware of, I don't know, there's no documentation to review. It was obviously working for some drivers but not us (something about the specific car?). But when all three of us report cases when we're within a 1 second range at the detection line and the 'available' light is on, but you still can't activate DRS at the activation line, after having had it work throughout practice and Q, it gets pretty damn frustrating fast.

Then it might work fine at the next track, where DRS is broken (i.e., the track lets you use it anytime).

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

Well, in that case, i vote not to use the drs... it would be unfair for those with problems

7. Barrett Erickson

well... after a few laps, i have to say, DRS working or not, these cars are worth the racing.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rob Milliken

It looks like the NO's have it .. this will mean we are all responsible for 'not using it' our selves ... no way to know if a driver did or did not use it unless you see the car in front flapping his wing ! ;-)I will look in the rfm ...i think theirs something about rear wing in there by the parc ferme rules o_O....... if I can switch it off in the rfm that would be ideal !
    But we don't have to deal with it until next week ! As Race 1 @ Silverstone has working DRS zones !

See you on the grid ! :D

9. Rob Milliken

If on the server players are having issues ,we will address that ..but if your in a 2012 car they do not have DRS anyway! so this could be the answer for tracks that don't have DRS zones ..we simply use the 2012 version for these races ! BAm - Done _ :)

10. Barrett Erickson

Sorry, Rob, i'm not clear. The 2012 cars do not have DRS? Wonder if that may have been an issue in my teams R2P problems? I think i was running a 2012 car on the server tonight but don't specifically remember trying the DRS with it.

I think i just need a manual :).

Love the cars, though, and looking forward to the races i can make (i have some future conflicts).

11. Rob Milliken

Yes Im sorry this was not addressed earlier ! But the 2012 car does not have DRS ..I just learned this my self ..and Ill tell you the story lol I was driving the 2013 all week ..,wanted to look at the 2012 cars paint & see if i liked any ..forgot about it ..fired up the game 2 days later and was in the 2012 car on the server not even knowing , NO DRS WTF ..lol i reinstall the mod 3 times , did the verify files thing for rf2 ..going back into the game to find it not working ..:mad: John was on the server and his DRS was working . so than i go on rf2 discord because alis of URD is there every day .. I write him this big explanation of what I've done and DRS not working rtc.... bla bla ,,HELP ME .. lol

no reply , no reply .......... so I ask Ze on Atlantic discord if hes herd of any issues with DRS not working ? he comes back with "remember the 2012 car has NO DRS" then it all came back that I was looking at 2012 skins .. hahah now I feel like a total fool writing to URD Alis ...:oops: hahahaha ,,

So ya ,NO DRS on the 2012 :D

12. Rob Milliken

Also the 2012 cars are the ones with the soft & soft PH tire ..
    The 2013 has soft & option tires ..
    I suggest using the 2013 cars untill we hit the tracks with no drs zones ..