Endurance Series RF2 v1.0 Test Race Silverstone Friday 25th November 2016 20:00 GMT

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Nigel Middleton, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Sorry guys may not be able to make it tonight. I suffer from a muscular desease called FMS and I'm not feeling all that great at the moment. I'll see how I am later. If I'm not about then have a good race. Wish there were more of you then I wouldn't feel so bad about it.

2. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Not a problem Paul.

3. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

We need an area for post race section. I loved this about R2P that you get some follow up chatter after the race.

The formation lap was OK but I realised something was wrong as we passed the grid as there was a big red arrow pointing at my grid slot. Tried to inform you guys but difficult to type and drive at the same time hence my garbled message. Once we lined up the lights went out but Carl sadly was already moving so he'd have to take a drive thru or is it stop and go penalty for that. Would like to say after that the race settled down but each lap was extremely intense as I began to realise John wasn't doing his usual trick which is to disappear off into the distance. Lap after lap I got that little bit faster and occasionally I'd real John in but he'd then up the pace leading me to believe he was controlling the pace. Towards the end with less than 3 minutes to go I noticed I had 5 minutes worth of fuel. So in a risky move I turned the boost up and the last 2 laps were on the edge as Murray would say I was on the limits of adhesion. Luckily there was still a lot of life left in the tyres. If only there'd had been 1 more lap or I'd turned the boost up 1 lap earlier I may have got onto the back of John and who knows I may have won the race. Oh well.

Great race guys. A great pity there weren't more drivers but as that crappy baseball movie said 'Build it and they will come'

Well done John. Maybe one day I'll be fast enough to beat you :)

4. Nigel Middleton

Sorry about server settings.

This is where you post prerace and postrace in each race thread.

Race well what can I say when race started after a couple of laps noticed I had 18 laps of fuel and soft tyres on was having fun for first 10 laps until tyres went off.

Grats John on your win Paul for 2nd Carl 3rd.

5. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

I didn't disappear because you were going too fast Paul :) Normally I would have waited for Nigel and Carl in these circomstances, but I didn't want to robe Paul of the fight so I kept going.
    Because we had to start over again, I was low on fuel for the entire race. And in the final laps I really had to slow down to make it without a pitstop. Paul almost had me indeed. It was very close :).

6. John vd Geest

Nigel, did you get the email I send you with the SRO promotion text? I you agree, could you paste it here, because I've send it from work and don't have it here.

7. Nigel Middleton

How’s this for a SRO promo tekst on R2P forums and Facebook?

Feel free to ajust as you see fit.

www.simracingonline.co.uk

SimRacingOnline is an independent sim racing community for virtual motorsport. Since 2015 we offer daily Events, Leagues, and quality online racing.SRO use the full codes and regulations adopted from the national auto sport association 2010 sim racing online regulations.

Open your account at simracingonline for FREE single events and league racing with NO FEES !!

Start your own league or single race schedule and invite members who you want to race in your league and have your own space on the forum where only your members can post.Any
    questions https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/forum2/threads/29-01-17-round-1-malaysia-gp.1240/

Any questions info@simracingonline.uk

We offer racing in all major simulations and mods.

THE PERKS:

Create Your Own series and events FOR FREE !!
    Create your own leagues FOR FREE
    Create your own racing Team(s) FOR FREE
    Create your own Team Forum FOR FREE
    No signup period !! You can signup for every race without restrictions.
    No membership signup priority. First come, first serve.
    Broadcasted events by skilled commentators
    A fully integrated resultsystem after practise / qualifying / race

Sim Racing Online honours all Race2Play orphans with a TRIBUTE RACE on Sunday 8th january which will be broadcasted with live commentators on YouTube.

Don’t miss it and sign up:

Hope to see you there
    SRO staff
    Nigel Middleton and Wayne Reed

8. John vd Geest

Come to think of it, you should post that on R2P and Facebook, not me :)

9. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

The one thing the promotion text doesn't convey is how much it costs to race here. :)

Sounds good to me. Get it out there. Hopefully this site can be the go to site after R2P closes.

10. John vd Geest

As the site owner, you should get it out. That looks better. You can ajust the text any way you like.

11. Nigel Middleton

That is on my list of things to do next.

12. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

I did one lap less than you guys as I realised the race hadn't started this gave me the fuel I needed to turn the wick up at the end :)