F1 Classic 1967 Series Info

Discussion in 'F1 Classic 1967 Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, Nov 28, 2018.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

[​IMG]

Welcome to the F1 Classic 1967 series.

Here you can find all the info you need to know about running in this series.

History
    This mod did not come falling out of the sky. It's an evolution or a spin-off rather from its big brother "Grand Prix Legends" that came on the market in 1998. It was developed by the Papyrus Design Group and if ever a sim racing game made history and fame in the virtual racing world, its this game. From its release, it was unparalleled as a racing game simulator. The driving physics of the game were the best anyone had ever seen until then. The game was / is notorious for its difficulty in handling. Not because of bad designing, but because it was very, very hard to master the car with its hardcore simulation character. Only the die-hard petrolheads (of which there were quite a few) gave the game the time and love it needed to be mastered. The game is still so loved as a simulation, that even until the present day people are still driving it in GPL leagues.

The Assetto Corsa version of the GPL F1 1967 game, has however been toned down a bit in terms of difficulty. You don't blow your engine as quick anymore with a miss shift and the cars have a lot more grip in the tires for example. The AC F1 1967 cars have become a bit more stable on corner entry and exit. But the core of the game has been preserved. You still have to steer the car through the corners with your brake, throttle and steering wheel, and you still have to keep that right foot in check on corner exit or you will be making donuts before the race ends. Besides that, the cars look absolutely beautiful now with the modern graphics with flames shooting out of the exhaust on downshifts and suspension that you can actually see moving up and down. Very cool.

Verdict: 9/10

**************************************************************************************************

Series promo video & 4 lap demo race at Highlands

**************************************************************************************************

General series info

Sim Racing Online presents a new series: Classic F1 1967

Default car setup will be used:
    To accommodate more drivers (who are not setup wizards), we will be running DEFAULT SETUPS with a few exceptions:
    You can adjust:
    - Gears
    - Fuel
    - All brake settings
    - ARB's front and rear
    - Steering assist (recommended at 50 to 60)

DLC: Ferrari 70th Anniversary Celebration Pack:
    For this series you will need a Assetto Corsa DLC pack that holds the F1 Ferrari 312 :
    DLC: Ferrari 70th Anniversary Celebration Pack
    which you can find on "Steam":

The F1 1967 V2.15 mod (updated dec. 08):
    You need to copy over 2 files from the official Lotus 49 and Ferrari 312 to the mod.
    Read the installation instructions within the mod:
    https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/resources/gpl-1967.523/

The cars used in the series
    Brabham BT24:
    BRM P83:
    Cooper T81B:
    Eagle T1G:
    Ferrari 312:
    Honda RA300:
    Lotus 49:
    Mclaren M5A:

Select your car here:
    https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/threads/select-your-car-here.3046/#post-21221

App) Helicorsa_V6

Helicorsa is a app that detects cars close to you, so contact can be avoided.
    You must have this app installed and activated to take part in this series.
    Download: https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/resources/helicorsa_v6.442/
    More info: www.youtube.com/watch?v=koCDJJR_EoA

Please have this app installed for this series.

How does each race start?
    All races will have a standing start.
    There is no formation lap

No-shows
    If a driver does not show up for a race without unregistering for that event or letting me know that he can't make it in the event-forum, he will be taken out of the complete series.

(You don't have to unregister for the whole series. You can unregister only for the race you can't do.)

No Esc. on track rule in Qualification
    In qualification you can not press Escape (Esc.) while on track (if you crash) and then go back out again.
    If you want to do another run, you have to come into the pits first.

This is to protect the other drivers from someone taking abnormal risks to set a good lap time and crashing (other cars).

Teamspeak
    Teamspeak is one of the features of Sim Racing Online.
    If you would like to hook up with other drivers on Teamspeak before the race (or any time), here is the forum link for the SRO Teamspeak address and password:
    https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/threads/teamspeak-ip-address-password.19/

For who are not familiar with Teamspeak, you need to add the Sim Racing Online channel to your "bookmarks".

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Dag Johnsen

Dag Johnsen Pro Driver

Hi. A couple of questions.

Track surface? There are different options so just wondering wich surface option this league will use.
    Driving aids are set to AC defaults. Not sure what that means? Things allowed \ not allowed?

Thanks.

3. John vd Geest

You can set the grip of the track in AC from green to optimum. AC defaults means there's a set of values that AC set's the game to on default. You can change that from rookie to pro.
    Pro has the least assist. We set the track surface grip normally to 99% for practise and race.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

The mod has now been updated for ease of installation for SRO members and can be DL here https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/resources/gpl-1967.523/

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dag Johnsen

Dag Johnsen Pro Driver

Thanx John. Got a couple of more questions.

Wear , tyre blankets , fuel consumption , ABS , slipstream, traction control and stability control.
    Are these parameters that each driver can set for themselves to their own preferance? Or does it have to be set the same as the server in order to join the race?

6. John vd Geest

You can set all kinds of (unrealistic) support in offline mode for yourself, like traction control for the F1 1967 cars. Normally you drive the cars with the "factory" setting. Which means that you drive the car with the "real" settings.
    On the server in online mode we normally use the factory settings of a mod. Once you log in to the server, you drive the car/track the server is set for and offline settings don't apply anymore. You can find the series/race settings under the tab "Event settings" or "Race settings" of the series or event:"

https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/racing/seriesinfo/104

7. Angelo dos Santos

Angelo dos Santos Pro Driver

About setups, bellow what it says on the OP. It means another options other that those are going to be locked on the server?
    Anyone knows if we can still load our "offline" setups? I will base my setup with the indication bellow in mind.

Default car setup will be used:
    To accommodate more drivers (who are not setup wizards), we will be running DEFAULT SETUPS with a few exceptions:
    You can adjust:
    - Gears
    - Fuel
    - All brake settings
    - ARB's front and rear
    - Steering assist (recommended at 50 to 60)

8. John vd Geest

Yes, except for the above, all settings will be locked on the server.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. John vd Geest

I have added an extra round 7: Feldbergring.

This is one of the most highly rated tracks of Assetto Corsa by the community. I was in doubt for a while to add it as it's 11 km long and it takes a while to learn. But it's so well suited for these cars and such a lovely track to drive, that I decided to add it anyway. But I think you'll love it. It's like a 50% size Nordschleife. And it's absolutely beautiful and fun to drive.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

my brabham starts to break on jumps in highlands....nvm...engine revving :D

11. John vd Geest

Put it in a higher gear just before the jumps and take your foot of the throttle :)
    You can still pick another car, there are still some free.

12. Alex Bonner

Alex Bonner Pro Driver Donator

I'm wondering if there would be any exceptions regarding Helicorsa for the guys using VR?

These cars have excellent visibility and using any HUD just kills the experience.

13. John vd Geest

Yeah, that's oke.
    The Helicorsa is for safety for guys that have dead angles left and right with a monitor screen, so they still know a car is in close proximity.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dag Johnsen

Dag Johnsen Pro Driver

Is there a way to decrease the right \ left glance angle? Maybe slow it down a little too..?

Nevermind , think I found it.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
  15. Mauro Mariani

Mauro Mariani Pro Driver

i think it could be useful for admin:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. John vd Geest

Cool, I'll have a look at it.
    Download where?