Automobilista 2 FCY & Real weather test race Tuesday the 27th

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2' started by Rob Milliken, Sep 23, 2022.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

testr1.jpg

Drivers!! Please join us this coming Tuesday for a 30 min test race to determine the state of the new Full Course Yellows along with Real Weather!
    The server will be up at 18:00 GMT Tuesday Sept. 27th

GT3's @ Imola (will also be a good practice run for the next round)
    This race will not affect your rankings ...

Thanks ;)

Last edited: Sep 23, 2022
  2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

I've no hosting duties or races this week Rob, so I might jump on and remind myself about AMS2.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rob Milliken

Great Ken ! Just think PC2 in the menu & it should all make sense lol..
    Some things to know about the FCY:

VSC is not yet in the game.
    FCY on road courses will trigger when a car is standing on the middle of the track after an accident has been detected or after big pileups that don't resolve again.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Matthias Ehrenreich

Matthias Ehrenreich Pro Driver

If I could I would, but I have to work... ☹️

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ken Jagger

Which track layout is being used Rob?

6. Rob Milliken

Imola, the first one on the list.
    Automobilista 2 Screenshot 2022.09.26 - 12.16.49.46.jpg

The server is set up for real weather on Tuesday the 27th of sept 2022 with P, Q & R separated by 1hr each.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rob Milliken

When checking the server for tomorrow's test this is what the weather looked like :eek::rolleyes::D
    Automobilista 2 Screenshot 2022.09.26 - 13.49.07.69.jpg
    Anyone live nearby that can see what the real forecast is & how close this is? ;)

8. Ken Jagger

All the forecasts I've seen show this is spot-on :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ken Jagger

Hopped on the server just now and it's..........raining:confused:o_O

This is the current weather

Imola weather 270922.jpg

10. Rob Milliken

Test server will restart at the top of the hr =18:00

11. Rob Milliken

12. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Guess the weather worked?
    About full course yellows, got some pros and cons:
    - It worked ok for me. 1st time was driving and at final moment slowed down. After the lap, was actually cool how tyres cooled down and didnt dare to drive maximum to corners. Gave realism like that and brought people together and i bet it will give more racing in general. It did get little boring 2nd time. If you choose to take this, hope people dont crash out too much.
    - Isit allways just 1 lap. 1st time pits were closed and i was at uphill after sector 1, 2nd time pits open when but then i had just started new lap.
    - why wouldnt one just esc out then if car is bits and peaces all over that track?

13. Rob Milliken

Ya, It depends on how much damage you get I guess if you want to continue or not .. It took a lot for us to get the yellow to come out After Ken & I collided (a pre-arranged wreck lol) I sat on the track where normally I would have started limping and only then did the yellow come out so I'm thinking we prob won't see too many yellows in our racing with this feature on .. I was able to repair & get back in the fight where kens Engin blew & then his car became ghosted on the back uphill so this might be a feature of a "dead car" in AMS2 as no ghosting features were 'turned on' on the server ...
    Overall I liked how it worked and I think it's good that it's not so sensitive, the 2nd yellow never would have come out If Flav & I hadn't just sat there. Normally we would have been in a rush to get back to pits to repair etc & the track would have stayed green ..

Thanks everyone for testing !! :):):)

• Like Like x 4
  14. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

Ken and Kai; any idea why your engines blew?

15. Rob Milliken

The weather did seem to work!! The 'game menu' forecast did not match up with the 'real weather forecast' but the in-game weather did in fact match the real-time forecast. so I'm not 100& sure how AMS2 does it but from what I have read it is supposed to get its weather data from some real-time weather broadcast software that feeds info to the game & that seemed to work when you compare real forecast to what happened in game today;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

Yeah but with Weather.com showing 1% chance of rain all day, so I was surprised when Ken had posted it was raining in server earlier.

17. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

Yes, for the second FCY, my car wasn't exactly pieces. And I was able to drive it to the pit for repairs and finish the race. Also Rob drove to pit for a short repair
    From my side, I like FCY and real weather
    I think Ken got exactly that 1% ;)
    About FCY, my question is: there is a speed limit?
    Because on the screen under Speed Limit was no value during FCY and also I engaged speed limit in car and I was limited to 60. It will be nice if it is a speed limit to be able to engage it in the car, during FCY lap

Last edited: Sep 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Gary Warrell

Gary Warrell Pro Driver

Sorry for missing test tonight had very sick cat that needed taking to emergency vet, sounds like test went ok though.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Rob Milliken

& the server was last restarted the day before, that's why I restarted the server on race day @18:00 to get the best possible chance of today/tonights real forecast...

20. Ken Jagger

Probably because I T-Boned Rob with malicious intent at about 150mph :D

I did notice in practice that with a low radiator setting i.e. 20 % it also overheated and was close to blowing, so I increased it to I think 40% for the race with no problems.

• Funny Funny x 1