Assetto Corsa Ferrari 458 Challenge Cup 2020

Discussion in 'Ferrari 458 GT2 Closed' started by Kenny Press, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Kenny Press

Kenny Press Administrator Staff Member Donator

• Like Like x 1
  2. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

Hi Kenny, I'm really sorry. Because the vacation, I will be missing the next two races :(

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Hello guys. Race starts at 1800 GMT. That's I believe 10 am Pacific Daylight time. 7 hour difference. I know GMT time doesn't use daylight savings time but some countries that use GMT do use daylight savings time. Does GMT on here always stay the same or does SRO change the time twice a year? I read some countries are changing their time so wondering if it's going to screw with SRO start time.

I know theirs a shorter way of saying this LOL.

4. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

It's GMT, so that never changes. They are not using BST or any other.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

GMT is a timezone not a country, so it never changes ;).
    https://greenwichmeantime.com/what-is-gmt/

6. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

Another great combo of excellent gt car and cracking track :cool:
    Qualified well in 3rd missing out on 2nd place by about a tenth of a sec o_O
    Got a good start only to get squeezed into the wall by Phil (bit naughty!) Kept glued to him for a few laps while Kenny gave me a hard time. I got more more and pressure from him and started to get a wheel wide here and there giving him a run on me up the hill. Sadly he went in too hot at corkscrew and binned it. This was a real shame as it looked like it could be a race long fight. With Kennys challenge gone and Phil eeking out a 7 sec lead, my main struggle became staying focused. I had a couple of scruffy laps on the half hour mark and Phils lead grew further. I didn’t see another car the whole race except a back marker :(. With 9 mins to go my room got so dark the bloody Rift lost its tracking :eek: I had to pull over, jump out the seat and go and turn a light on, get my rift back sorted and carry on! :confused: Lost a shedload of time but amazingly nobody appeared to take my hard earned 3rd place, which is where I finished On the podium :cool:
    Shame about the low turn out again, only 7 from 21 signed ..bad form by some and a real shame as this car and the racing deserves a good grid. :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Just a clarification about names :)
    "Kenny" in your report was actually me "Ken Jagger" :). The other similar name is "Kenny Press" who actually dropped out after practice /Qual :(