Assetto Corsa Comp FKR ACC Prep Series

Discussion in 'FKR ACC Prep Series Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

is there a live timing page for ACC events like the Assetto Corsa series' use?

2. @Mark Johnson
    I can ask our guys how they do it they have a way figgered out! Keep you informed..

@Rob Milliken PS: is it correct that last night when i did a practice run, it was night at the server?

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
  3. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Ya its a bug ,the race will be 2pm in game time .. the ACC server has a bug Where in certain situation the clock continues to run when it’s empty and you end up with a 24 hour cycle.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Rob Milliken

Round 3 @ Monza Race Day Password posted on the EVENT PAGE!

5. Taner Selvi

Taner Selvi Pro Driver

The race control should take some care now, that is enough for me. No one cares blue flags and try to hold. And also I have never seen that much collision in SRO as much as recent races. Should be checked the pilots to keep the leagues quality.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rob Milliken

its all under review .. ..On lap 4 how did you have a blue flag situation ?

7. Oli Bateson

Oli Bateson Pro Driver

blimey - knocked off at turn 1 lap 1 and then got sandwiched between 4 cars when I tried to avoid the crash on the straight after turn 7. No ones fault as far as I could see in the replay, just too many collisions going on ahead for me to avoid - bad luck I guess. Anyway, major damage and crawled back to the pits for a 2 minute repair. Glad to finish in the end.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  8. One big mess and pile of Sh*t no fun here on this f*cking track
    My POV replay will show this later on1

9. Rob Milliken

10. Roger Hinds

Roger Hinds Pro Driver

i had 3. minutes 38 sec repair, lost 4 laps, missed a green 488 but could not react fast enough to miss the black lambo parked in the middle of the track. to much bad luck lately

11. Tim Larsen

Tim Larsen Pro Driver

Definitely a bit of chaos after Lesmo 2 on the first lap. Good to see T1 for the most part was OK but some do push a bit too hard into gaps that aren't there. In the aftermath of Lesmo 2 I could not avoid a spinning car and had some damage but selected to continue to see if I could keep the position and I slowly managed to climb to position 5 which I held onto, not always due to own skill :) but I was down 1-2 s on laptimes due to damage. Managed to stay on track and avoid further incidents and take home the 5th position. Best result ever for me so I was happy.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Taner Selvi

Taner Selvi Pro Driver

The cars went out from pit and jumped in front of me, frankly blue flags warning before pit out. As I remember they were P 17 and P 21 at that moment. Probably involved collisions then pit to repair. Also another blue flaged guy was careless caused my race over on the beach. I Check tonight the replay and PM you.

13. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

That was the worst league online race I’ve been in for years, more like a public server. Not just multiple contacts but people who’ve had contacts/offs pulling straight back onto the racing line in front of fast traffic or divebombing from miles back at chicanes and unless I pulled out of turning in, would be hard contact. Also blue flagged guys ignoring them.
    What about making all those Lap1 rammers start from pitlane at the main event? That'll be a good punishment. Also maybe make a 'no overtaking rule until T1 chicane cleared'. That will prevent the inevitable carnage. Could just move it onto Lesmo 2 but cars will be a bit more spread out as they leave lesmo 1 in pairs.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Davide Ricciardi

Davide Ricciardi Pro Driver

Just ridiculous, if this is the level of the participants with ACC, I definitely don't want to be part of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

I forgot to unregister for the prep race last night.. These comments sound awful. I was not really happy with the way it went with the prep race in Barcelona last time. And not really looking forward to Monza honestly since I expect the Aston to lose out on most of the field in the straights and I just don't like to block people who are faster. I sure hope the race is kind of clean!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rob Milliken

I don't know what it is that makes everyone go crazy at Monza , maybe because some of us are sheltering in place ? o_O:confused::rolleyes:..IDK but this crazy style of racing has to stop !

When looking at the replay the main lap one cluster looks like a collection of small events resulting in collecting 4 or 5 more cars .. these things happen and I see some apologies in the forum & that's good & we thank you for those ! What bothers me and ruins it for others are the blatant disregard for the RULES like cars returning back on track after an off when its clearly not clear ..

I know sometimes we are simply passengers when things go sideways & nothing you can do but other time's its pure greed that makes a driver try to simply get back on track asap with no regard to the oncoming traffic . This is where we as sim racers have to have the ware withal to realize once your off track ,your off track and you MUST wait for a "Clear track" to return ..
    Then we have the Blue flag rules .. In this race it appears some lead lap drivers race's were ruined by lapped traffic not abiding to the blue flags rules we have in place here ..

2.4 Blue Flags

A blue flag displayed warns the driver that he is about to be lapped by a faster car and must let it pass. A driver may incur penalties if he ignores displayed blue flags.

2.6 Flag Observance:

In SimRacingOnline events, blue-flags are for information-only and do not mean that the car being lapped should move off the racing line. However the car being lapped must allow the faster car past or risk being penalised.
    Some racing sims deal with Blue Flag penalties in different ways, so where it is not possible to switch the penalties off on the SRO server, the race Event Notes will remind users that penalties may be issued automatically by the sim during the race. These penalties must be taken as instructed by the sim.

Try to be as predictable as possible.

Moving over is ok, only if it safe for you to do so.

If this is how the ACC races are going to continue I'm simply shutting the series down all together .. Witch is a shame as its probably the best sim out there right now ..
    I have asked the Site Admins to review the replay & will have to be handing out some penalty's and warnings ..

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Let's not forget the yellow flags aren't for show. I see people keeping their foot down when yellow flags are waved instead of making sure they can see the situation and react to it in time.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Taner Selvi

Taner Selvi Pro Driver

I think the SRO blue flags rules should be revised because of the rule frankly says " If you blue flagged, you may keep racing. " In some cases, would be eccaptable like endurance races that includes mandotary pitstops or pitstops needed but never accaptable such a race that goes to finish from start with no mandatory pitstops. It is not wise p21 keeps the front line behind to this rule.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
  20. Roger Hinds

Roger Hinds Pro Driver

sometimes the racing is so close that if you lift to let a faster car through you will lose a position with the car you are racing. it is always up to the faster driver to get by in a place where it is safe to do so. And we have some very fast drivers on SRO who can pick and choose where to pass. it is up to the aliens to be patient , we lesser mortals can only dream of your kind of speed.

• Agree Agree x 2