Assetto Corsa Comp FKR ACC Sprint Series 3 Round 3 Monza

Discussion in 'Blancpain GT3 Sprint Series 3 Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Sim Racing Online

Sim Racing Online Administrator Staff Member Donator

All grids are locked an hour before the event. This prevents drivers from unregistering from an event after they "rage quit". :)

2. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Thank you !

3. Alberto Alvarez

Alberto Alvarez Pro Driver

Where did all my speed go after all these months? :confused:

I tried most cars and best I got was 1:51,5. Period. And every tenth from 52 was hard work to get. I tried my usual setup ammends but nothing really worked. In the end I chose the car that gave me more confidence in the long run and I'm happy with that approach. I wouldn't have been any faster and it was definitely better during the race. I kept the focus, just a couple light mistakes here and there, out of trouble for most race, I found good racing with the other drivers and the last 20 mins were very intense for me trying to keep VdGeest in check, which I managed just hotlapping every single lap. Could have gone longer, really missing loooooong races!

At least my endurance driving skills are still here. Just have to figure out where the speed is o_O

I'll take some pictures tomorrow too if I haven't forgotten photoshopping :p

Last edited: May 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Rob Milliken

welcome to my world ! lol

5. Rob Milliken

Thanks to everyone for the clean start .. !!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Felix de Jongh

Felix de Jongh Pro Driver

Oh man this race.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Denis Pimenov

Denis Pimenov Pro Driver

Thx all. GG
    I really do not have enough waiting time before the start! please make at least 3 minutes of waiting

RACE Replay

8. Ibrahim Atta

Ibrahim Atta Pro Driver

Brilliant race with some decent battles.
    The drivers were very respectful, fast and the race was well controlled.
    It was very difficult to find grip and rhythm in the first 10 laps and this was the same situation I had during practice.
    I just couldn't find the right set up so opted for the most stable but I have to say it was tricky and very hard to push.
    Overall a fantastic race having the privilege to drive such a car on such a track with with fellow enthusiast.
    Well done all.

• Like Like x 3
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  9. Rob Milliken

We have it set to 2 min , I can increase this to 3 ..also I see the time after race needs to be a tad longer as well as it spring to next session P1 to soon ..

10. Felix de Jongh

Please, 3 min at very the least. I was filling my water bottle (and emptying another, heh) and was almost too late to hit drive (had 15 sec remaining when I returned). Almost got a heart attack when I saw the clouds after I had pressed drive, but luckily no rain and still warm.

11. Felix de Jongh

• Like Like x 2
  12. Denis Pimenov

Denis Pimenov Pro Driver

I beg you, take 5 minutes if possible.
    in all official competitions 5 minutes.
    this time is enough to think about the settings and there is time to move away from the computer for small things (pour some water for example).
    5 minutes is the perfect time to wait and many will be familiar

• Like Like x 2
  13. Alberto Alvarez

Alberto Alvarez Pro Driver

[​IMG]
    Nice grid

[​IMG]
    I was passed like a sitting duck in the inside of the Curva Grande
    [​IMG]
    Had a great braking here to pass Rob

[​IMG]
    Some more action

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

Personally I don’t want to sit around waiting 5 mins for a race to start. Everyone knows it’s 2 mins so get yourself sorted before it.

The racing was great last night, enjoyed lots of battles even though the Aston seems at a real disadvantage at Monza. I’d get dropped for dead at every corner/chicane exit :( Had a duff qually setting a time one sec lower than I did in practise :rolleyes: so was well down the order. Followed Johns Porsche for ages while we tried to get past slower/erratic cars ahead which was tough to do here. Got as ‘high’ as 22nd after the stops I think :( (jeez the pace is strong here!) And thought I could relatively cruise to the flag. But then near the end I saw that I wasn’t going to make it on fuel which was crazy as i’d put an extra 10L in to cover myself (why is the fuel reading so wrong?! - I used fuel reading in cockpit) so I had to make a last ditch splash and dash. I managed to alter fuel on the mfd but in panic missed the change tyres tick box and so took on fuel and tyres :( and dropped 4 places at end of race :mad: what a bummer end.
    Great event though and good clean racing :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

I preferred this one
    https://clips.twitch.tv/CooperativeEntertainingWoodpeckerRiPepperonis

:p:D:D

Good race though, good defense, no mistakes, nothing I could do.
    Got side by side at T1 twice, but pointless risking crashing trying to take the chicane 2 wide, so backed out.
    Congrats. :cool:

• Like Like x 3