FKR GT3 Round 6 Laguna Seca Post Race Reports & Screens

Discussion in 'FKR GT3 Endurance Championship Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Project CARS 2 Screenshot 2018.10.28 - 16.19.12.29.jpg
    Have Your Say

2. Roger Hinds

Roger Hinds Pro Driver

no warning the game just stopped and went to windows, wtf. im done with this game

I had trouble when after leaving the pits my wheel disconnected. left and rejoined. maybe it it was the high ping the U.S servers were running. my connection was green, while other players were red or yellow.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  3. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Had an ok race and my pace was good. Mechanic kept telling me I was as fast as the leaders which was good.

However I had three spins (all at the same place!) whilst trying to push as hard as I could.

Otherwise I think I could’ve finished fourth maybe with a clean race.

Only other issue I had was trying to disable damage repair before stopping in my stall at the pit stop. Didn’t manage it and lost 40 seconds for repairs. Which was a pain.

So in total I think with spins and pitstop blunder I lost over a 90 seconds. Damn it. Lol.

Anyway fun race. Car was good and this track is so much nicer than Brands with the cut detection. Thank heavens for that.

I also owe two apologies for light contact. One was a small bump with Norman on the 2nd lap. Very slight contact under braking but thankfully nothing happened. The other contact was with the white NSX. The driver went very wide at one corner and came back on in front of me. I had so much more momentum I bumped into the back of you slightly. Again very slight but you went off track at the very next corner. Not sure if you missed your braking point but I’m sorry about that just couldn’t avoid you.

Thanks everyone :)

• Like Like x 4
  4. Colin Towers

Colin Towers Pro Driver

Yeah, it is always green for the player on that PC, it's only the other ones that matter. But even with red/yellow indications for others, it might not be a problem at all. Did you notice other players moving left/right, back/forth, or was their movement smooth? If it was smooth, then the ping was fine, I am also racing with people overseas very often and there's no lag issue usually.

The disconnection problem could be anything (if the connection wasn't bad), maybe a sudden small internet mishap, a very temp steam problem, simply a bug etc. Unfortunately it happens from time to time and it's such a pain when it does, I've had it a few times, too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Norman Bruce

Norman Bruce Pro Driver

Surprised to qualify in P2, usually I'm not so good in Q and tend to be midfield at best.
    The start was not so good and Johan, who was directly behind me on the grid got off the mark like lightning, moving to my right side.
    On my left Xavier who started in P3 was also along side me and by the time the grid had gone through the first couple of corners Rob had also passed me, I had gone from 2nd to 5th.
    [​IMG]
    (Xavier on my left and Johan on my right, Travis ahead of them in P1 )

As everyone spread out taking up their positions I remained in 5th place with Johan in front of me. I was able to pressure him round most of the track but he seemed to pull away at the start/ finish line. It looked like there was going to be very little chance to pass him, all I could do was make him aware that I was right behind him.
    On lap 5 Johan made an error at the Corkscrew he went off track and seemed to hit the wall quite hard, I was now in 4th with Rob in his AMG ahead in 3rd place by 6+ seconds.
    [​IMG]
    (Johan spins at the Corkscrew and ends up with front damage as he hits the wall )

Rob seemed to have a similar pace to me as I was not really gaining on him, the only time the gap closed was when Rob had gone wide on some bends, but i also made some little errors and was not really catching Rob.
    It was not until nearly the end of lap 22 that I would get past Rob and only because he spun off track.
    [​IMG]
    ( Rob's misfortune meant I was now in 3rd place )

With Travis and Xavier about 20 seconds ahead of me and a little gap behind me I had a quick fuel recalculation, counting and driving, harder than it sounds, anyway my pre race fuel calculation was OK. I just had to keep the pace up as there was still plenty time left and you never know what might happen.
    I was briefly in 2nd place when Xavier pitted at the end of lap 29 but I took my pit stop on lap 34, I came out in p4 behind Dan however Dan had still to pit so I regained 3rd place and managed to keep it together to claim a podium place, a rare occasion for me but I really enjoyed it.
    [​IMG]
    Congratulations to Xavier for the win and to everyone else for the good racing.

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Xavier Eugeni

Xavier Eugeni Pro Driver

Wow! I won! lol... Didn't expected that for sure. Training I was about 0,5 sec slower that I was with pshc last race we did here, so this was a total surprise. P3 on qualy; Travis and Norman with some important gap with me, so I just though a 3rd was possible. Good start geting to P2 and somehow could keep Travis pace. He made a slight mistake that let me get into P1. After some laps in front I made also a mistake and pos came back to normal. Some degradation on fronts and I started to suffer understeer, so decided it was pitting time. Rejoining I was was hoping to reduce gap from Travis but it was impossible. Fresh tyres and half fuel but I was unable to get a better personal lap, although times were pretty consistant.
    Travis entered the pits and surpringly he rejoined 23 sec behind. Another mistake for me make me lose 5 more secs, anyway I had a comfortable gap which seemed enough. But I was wrong. Travis was able to reduce 15 secs in less than 20 min, and he was just 1 sec on last lap!!!! Streessssss to maximum, but managed to do a decent last lap just to finish in front. Amazing race and thrilling drive all the way!
    :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Man that was a fun race !!! Great to see that Cadi take a win ! good stuff guys & great reviews ! keep them coming !!

Replay available in the SRO download section !

8. Johan Hendriks

Johan Hendriks Pro Driver

The start was fine for me I went bruce over.maar unfortunately I could not get away to him and to a few laps I made a mistake where my car pretty damaged my water pressure climbed up and could not reach the pace anymore. when I entered the pit, it cost me a lot of time and my race was over well done number 1 and bruce also drove a good race

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Johan Hendriks

Johan Hendriks Pro Driver

sorry for my bad English

• Like Like x 3