Assetto Corsa Comp FKR Prep Series Round 1 Paul Ricard

Discussion in 'FKR ACC Prep Series Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Results have been posted however we had to jump threw some hoops because some drivers names do not match there in game race names .
    Please make sure you IN GAME RACE NAME matches your SRO MEMBER/FORUM name .. Failure to do this results in a software error and forces us to do the results by hand & try & figure out who the hell these miss named drivers are !! :eek::D

can anyone tell me who these drivers are =
    upload_2020-3-25_16-52-51.png

Thanks !!

2. Claus Jørgensen

Claus Jørgensen Pro Driver

Hey Frans van de Linden - are everboby from this site just "old men" 50+. The forum here has something that I find important, it is something that I work on in my work about trying to influence my surroundings with - respect. I've written more here than the 4+ years at other SIM racing sites. Thanks for your greeting, I appreciate it. You did take 24 points in the race - right? then a congratulations from here.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Claus Jørgensen

Dear Rob
    What we have been doing with SIM racing and your help in ADMIN, does the following in my optics:
    If one cannot manage to control one's own data, then one does not "deserve" his points. If points are important for one's person "like a lottery coupon" one should probably be handed in "one must have control over one's stumps.
    Names seem to me like shadows / spam, so no response is deleted and the field is customized.
    However, I seemed to have seen myself at the end of the race in 17th place, but being listed on a 20th place - maybe that is why?
    Thank you for your support ADMIN.

4. Roger Hinds

Roger Hinds Pro Driver

Happy Birthday Claus

5. Claus Jørgensen

Thanks Roger, kind of you, but I will still try to overtake you any day on the track :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

7. Claus Jørgensen

Hi Flaviu, thanks nice to see your car from the front, I normally only see your rear lights :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

Happy birthday Claus.
    Yes there are other young people here, like yourself. Some are even under 50!!! Which, by the way is, way from being my case.
    PS : We are still waiting to see the photos of The grid girl :rolleyes::D

9. Claus Jørgensen

o_O
    Dear Larry - You push me too the max.
    But as we've written about in the past, there are older men and boys working/driving here, that's why I think it's best for morals and the ethical virtues of sports that my private Gridgirl stay home with me. Older men like me would appreciate this too.
    Although you are fresh with your remark to me ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Rob Milliken

Good question & the answer is NO , I will try to explain why .. This system has caused total chaos from day one of its launch .. so much that Aris had to make this video to try to explain how it works .. players blew up the forum trying to figure out why & how to keep the light green, sometimes you must put your car inside the car in front or to the side to keep them green ..
    The prob is it makes you try to stay with the green bar instead of just watching the cars in front and holding possition that includes ghosting threw other cars if they are out of position or lag ..this feature has caused more intendents and created drive thru penalty's with players not wanting to hit other cars so they hold back (even tho they would ghost threw them) & then get a penalty .. In my testing it causes more probs and stress then the simply way of " You are in control, You can see the car ahead, You have full control of your car at all times (no rev limiter) ".. This is a sim racing league we should not need to have our hands held for starts :D ..

They have now 3 ways to start The way we are doing it is "full manual control" just like all our other sims , (the other 2 are what you posted and the default with rev limiter on for everyone, this sux as you cant catch up and get back in position with the limiter on if you fall behind = more stress & issues) So for us The rev limiter is OFF and its up to you as a driver to keep up with the field .. & we only do the short form lap to keep the incidents down , no need to do an entire lap at 80kps :D ...

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

Was pit stop actually mandatory in this race ? I wasn't sure during the race.. I was leading before I did my pitstop, and not sure how I ended up so low in the ranking. So I'm guessing not everyone stopped.. ? Haven't checked afterwards.

12. Rob Milliken

No mandatory Pit in the Tuesadsay prep series .. Like the banner says "30 Min sprint race to the checkered":D

(The Saturday Sprint series 3 has the mandatory stop)

13. Laurent Londes

Haha .. well, I wasn't sure so I didn't take the risk of being disqualified :p Could have turned into a race win without incidents, but oh well .. I was thinking I pitted way too late and the other cars were doing much faster lap times on dry tires. But I had a look now at the best race times and noticed that wasn't the case at all :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Claus Jørgensen

Hi Laurent
    We get all new members on this site to make one or more pit stops, so we others who are poor drivers and maybe a little tired to look at - can come forward in the field.
    See you on the track Laurent...;)
    Claus.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

#metoo o_O. I really didn't know what to do :confused:

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Laurent Londes

Haha I know. I don't remember if I went into the pits before you or not. Same for Roberto :)

• Agree Agree x 1