Assetto Corsa Comp FKR Prep Series Round 2 Barcelona

Discussion in 'FKR ACC Prep Series Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Yes in fact that incident was under Admin Review , truly not your fault .. it starts a bit before that tho:cool::rolleyes: your way clear on the outside holding your line and have no fault in the matter .. :cool: Its a bit dicey for turn one .. :eek: .. We are Looking at a few more, then results will be posted ! (got to keep it clean);) More on that later !

I had a really fun, intense race with some great battles:
    Trying to run JVGD down Assetto Corsa Competizione Screenshot 2020.04.07 - 23.23.00.60.jpg
    Then over cooking it in the chicane & bouncing off the curb .. I think that's my FKR team mate back there bouncing his as well ! lol …..:rolleyes: oh and I lost the position ..
    Assetto Corsa Competizione Screenshot 2020.04.07 - 23.25.30.28.jpg Good fun racing all !:D

• Like Like x 2
  2. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

This was an overtake practice race for me :p

Going into Repsol corner a car goes for the inside. I had no problem with that, i left enough room for the inside line but the car shoots a little straight, small contact at that point but then an Audi taps my back and sends me with the nose against the barrier. I have to wait for the field to pass. I then go into reverse (nothing else I could do really) .. and an Aston collects me at full speed, luckily there is no damage in ACC. The car must have been involved in a prior incident .. That sends me spinning the wrong way. Now I'm surely completely at the back. From there on it was a recovery race..

Sorry @Rob Milliken for the pass in the chicane, I forced it a bit more than I would have liked there.

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  3. Laurent Londes

Here is part of the first lap from my point of view. Also shows the incident Mark showed earlier happen in front.

4. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Well, you are part of a biljarts effect. The middle car gets knocked onto you by the car on the right.

5. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

that was a cracking race for me, my best yet in terms of performance and pure adrenalin rush from the racing. I loved the slightly moody lighting too with brake lights glowing :cool:
    Was still off the pace in qually (16th I think) but soon made up places at the front as several guys had incidents or got out of shape. First complaint however...start procedure was pretty rubbish. The top 15 lead off in formation but everyone behind me dropped back about 300m !? and then as the top group formed for the green light we suddenly had guys approaching the back from behind at full speed! whilst we were only steadily accelerating. That's what caused some of the initial chaos and contacts from what I saw. So can you make a firm request that everyone stays bunched up at the same speeds? There was also some argy bargy up ahead into turns 2 & 3 with cars jostling rather than being a bit patient and I narrowly avoided contact several times as cars got span around.
    Once free of that though and now in 11th place I joined a fast 4 car train that was brilliant action and I really enjoyed chasing John vd Geest for many laps glued to his derrier. Eventually he ran a little wide on entry to the long straight and I got past in my Aston (new paintjob - thanks for the tip about the editor!) and then I was close on the heels of the few cars ahead. Two of them lost control under pressure over a few laps and I was then chasing Dean Urquhart for ages for 7th in a cracking battle whilst Malli? in a Ferrari chased me hard. The Aston still seems slow down long straights (I had dropped wing to 6 but maybe needs lower still?) and the Ferrari got past me in the tow. But I chased Dean until the very end very closely, except the race went 1 lap longer than I expected :eek: and I had to ease off to the end literally running out of fuel 50m from the finish line but coasted over the line :p
    Finished 10th I think :) good improvement for only my 3rd proper ACC race and was pleasing that my few setup tweaks actually improved the car over default 'agressive'.
    In contrast to sundays race I had no stutters whasoever despite still using my Rift S. Two changes I made to gfx were 'visible opponents' reduced to 15 and turning off the auto sharpness whilst setting manual sharpness to 200%. I had also updated my nvidia drivers. FPS was noticeably better.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Laurent Londes

Good news, must have been netflix then maybe ;) I tried sharpness at 200% but didn't see that much difference and went back to sharpness 80%, well default epic settings really. I'd like to see cars further away in my rear view mirrors though, that bugs me a bit. Seems like nobody follows since I only see them when they get close. Increasing the distance eats too much FPS I think.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Roger Hinds

Roger Hinds Pro Driver

yes it was me that tapped you, tried to slam on the brakes but i think some hit me too. any how just in case i did a drive through as penance. not the race i wanted either
    Roger

• Like Like x 1
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  8. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

Have read, but not tried, that the distance does not have a lot of effect on the FPS. It is the mirror resolution that has a very large impact.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

the main gripe I have with the graphics is they look too 'soft' in my Rift S. That's why I ramped up the sharpness after reading about it in the RD thread but overall the image still looks too soft, I want more definition. Any ideas? Seems maybe like an AA thing. (using a 1080GTX card). I would like to increase car LODs as well, only got them at 60% at present. The graphics look stunning on my triples so would like a bit more of that in VR.

10. Riccardo Alitta

Riccardo Alitta Pro Driver

I am so sorry I should have race last night, but I thought it was tonight my mistake

11. Christian Mentin

Christian Mentin Pro Driver

Your posted replay images look so nice, maybe you catch my green mamba once ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. Alex Freitas

Alex Freitas Pro Driver

At 2:09,you really thought you gonna make that pass work?Look how far back you were,first lap,cold tires...I meant,be honest.Please,be more careful next time.
    Anyway,I was thinking doing some races here to improve my safety rating but, I don´t know.Some guys were banging wheels at the start on the straight and continuing after,really disapointed.I guess,is just better stay off it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. Michael Abrunhosa

Michael Abrunhosa Pro Driver

Sometimes you see a chance and go for it, then realise it was a mistake. It was good of Frans to give back the position snd so far I have found SRO drivers to be quite disciplined like that. If he was opportunistic, he would have just run away.

As for the first turn incident, three wide into turn one was never going to work. Someone should have backed out but nobody wanted to.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Alex Freitas

Alex Freitas Pro Driver

He didn´t give back the position...that wasn´t me,man.

16. Rob Milliken

Have you ever watched a real GT3 race ?? I have to say the drivers here are very clean .. I'm afraid your looking for something that you will never find in sim racing ..
    good luck .. !

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

Generally yes. But in this case not really. Could have been an error but ...
    Have to disagree again. You do find clean racing here at SRO and on other leagues.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Christian Mentin

Christian Mentin Pro Driver

@Frans van der Linden
    I am wondering about your setup? Is this 65'' TV screen and you are sitting just 1m away in front of it? I have the feeling that its quite immersive and your FoV is obviously really nice.
    Although i have 30'' Display i am quite far away when getting into the playseat, so i think changing to a different setup with a different FoV like you. I am pretty surre this makes some differnences also for consistency in driving.
    Thats why i am interested what you are using there ;) - looks really nice

• Like Like x 2
  19. Rob Milliken

Theirs a big difference between being aggressive & racing to win a race and intentionally taking someone out , ya we have some over aggressive drivers ,they are everywhere .. We have a protest policy in place for a reason , if you feel you need to file one that is possible & it works .. that's how you police these kind of things .. but to come on here and say "I was thinking of racing here for my safety rating butt..." .. is misleading and basically telling us we all suck so... race the AI if you don't want people trying to actually race you ..

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Alex Freitas

Alex Freitas Pro Driver

"is misleading and basically telling us we all suck"

If the hat fits...;)But,no man just kidding:p.You don´t know me,but I race several years at Race2Play with John,Nigel,Ken and others.So I think I know where I coming from.No hate,its all good.:)