Assetto Corsa Comp FKR Prep series Round 3 Monza

Discussion in 'FKR ACC Prep Series Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

monza r3.jpg
    Servers up !

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. FKR

FKR SRO Team Owner

Round 3 MONZA !​
    This has proven to be one of ACC most used tracks ,every time I open the ACC server lobby its filled with mostly MONZA servers ! This track is an icon in the racing world ! That said I'm sure most of you have turned many laps here ! Witch brings me to the conclusion that we all know how deadly turn 1 is here ! :eek::D .. meaning there is no excuse for a big T1 pile up :rolleyes:o_O:p.

I want to ask every one of you to PLEASE be aware of the tight pinch turn one puts on all the cars & pay special attention to the cars ahead breaking into turn 1 .. I don't want to here any complaints about it ;) we all know what it takes to finish a race & you cant win it on lap one ..

For this reason the start through turn 1 is going to have an auto admin review regardless of incidents so don't be the impatient driver that starts a wreck in T1 , we all get a big run down the start finish especially the cars farther back in the field , this does not mean ,because you are faster from your longer run that you have any rights to dive bomb your way up the queue saying "but I was faster" remember the cars in front along with the cars in front of them have no where to go, as the front pack hits the breaks sometimes 3 wide to make the tight ass' T1 :p it will create an accordion effect so USE YOUR FRIKIN BREAKS or you might be the one responsible for the whole mess !

Be on your toes ! be aware of who's in front & behind & lets have a great fair race !:D I have no issue handing out penalty's for simply put Bad Driving ! Respect your fellow players & respect the sport !

GLA ! see you on track ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rob Milliken

4. Germano Intorcia

Germano Intorcia Pro Driver

Hi rob im 43 row , in this moment canot race , but if another pilot dont play , can on 2 may racing ?

5. Rob Milliken

• Like Like x 1
  6. Christian Mentin

Christian Mentin Pro Driver

Hi Guys,
    I reviewed 1st corner crash in the back field.
    I tried not to touch any other car, but unfortunatly it happened. The red car in front of me closed the door i thought there would be more space.
    Unfortunatly - i really have to apologize, i spinned this red car and this caused 3 or 4 others to touch and spin too. I think that was my fault and i could have avoided that somehow.
    Really sorry for that.
    A few meters later my race was basically ended fast, when a car rejoined and decided to move on the straight - but after repair i had at least great fun!
    cheers Christian

• Like Like x 1
  7. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

Wowsers, is this serious sim racing or Days of Thunder?:eek:

You guys have brake pedals right?

ps. I am not pointing the finger at anyone here, I was not involved fortunately.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. Michael Abrunhosa

Michael Abrunhosa Pro Driver

I was in the green Ferrari that lost control avoiding Axel's Merc that went wide and came back in.

Having watched my replay a few times, not sure if it was completely my fault as I lost the back end and stomped on the brakes to stay out the way.

I stayed on the brakes and out the way for as long as possible, but had a completely broken suspension after being taken out by the cars that didn't slow down for yellow flags.
    Rejoined relatively safely but didn't realise how broken the suspension was and the car could not drive straight at all.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Christian Mentin

Christian Mentin Pro Driver

Maybe they watched @John vd Geest uploaded Video - fits well in my opineon :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

The video was instructional :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Rob Milliken

Oh the Carnage .. I have been reviewing some of the lap 1 incidents it's taking quit a while and I'm only as far as lesmos exit , I have help as other admins are also reviewing ..

My first thoughts from looking at the replays, I don't see any thing intentional going on , I just see a large grid and some slight mistakes that turn into major chaos ! If it were any other track than Monza I think T1 would have been fine .. I did see some late breaking causing a bump forcing 1 car off down the strait before T1 .. & penalty's/warnings are being handed out later .. Drivers, sometimes its not our fault , sometimes it is, sometimes we get caught up in another drivers bad day , that's racing in general ..
    The main thing is I don't see anyone trying to 'take anyone out" & that gives me hope that these type of incidents can be avoided in the future ..
    That said I do see some other Blue flag related infractions along with a few un-safe track re entry's that are being addressed as I speak ..

Some info : For THIS ACC series I have A 3 strike rule in effect ..
    1st offence/strike 1= warning,
    2nd = drive threw within first 3 laps of next event or start at the back of the grid (depending on severity of the 2nd infraction)
    3rd strike = 1 race ban .. Along with this we also have the capability to issue direct penalty's for blatant actions at any time during the race & Qual .
    meaning you might get a drive threw for your first offence if its deemed bad enough to do so ..

Some of you will be getting warnings & some penalty's will be issued ..
    Its so nice to see the large grids ,is that not what we all want ?
    We have a great group here & we just need to clean it up a bit to continue on with the amazing racing ACC provides ..
    It's up to us , You & me , everyone on track ! to create the best possible racing experience ..
    For the most part 80% of the grid did just that in round 3 but we have some issues to clean up for sure ..

• Like Like x 3
  12. Alex Sander

Alex Sander Pro Driver

Ooof that clip looks rough.

Well the approach I am taking for the next race is to just take it easy the first few laps, if I get passed I get passed. I guess that is better than getting into contact and going off track, more time lost that way.

Monza T1 though.....hard braking zone and a mega tight chicane.

Maybe we should put in a rule for Monza no passing until after T1 on the first lap?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

Yes, right ... one, right? :D:D:D