Assetto Corsa Comp FKR Special Event | Spa 24

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione' started by Rob Milliken, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

The track is Spa 2019
    Also, keep in mind this race will have a FULL Formation/recon lap!
    With this being a 3-hour event we don't want any lap 1 disasters & we believe a full form lap will increase the ods of a clean start and give us time to warm the tires & break's a little as we prepare mentally for the start.:D

2. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

Depends on the variablity setting i think. I know for when we last raced here it felt completely diferent even though there was no major change in conditions. Knowing how to compensate would be useful

3. Vasilis Doumanas

Vasilis Doumanas Pro Driver

Rob just a question.. Or i guess 2.. lol
    The race is gonna be broadcasted?
    If its not, can i register myself as a spectator? Its very difficult for me to race, the grid is big and my CPU cant handle so many cars, i will have a terrible lag.
    I am waiting a new cpu, new PSU and 4 gb more memory. I believe with my new CPU with in compination with my RX570, 12 gb memory and a new 650W psu
    that finaly i will can race with big grid..

4. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

would love to take part in this but 3hrs is a long time for me to disappear on a saturday night. If it looks like i can make it i'll sign up on the day.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

Lower Opponents visibility setting so you can race with bigger grids.

6. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

The difference isn't the track itself - it's the tires that get provided for you to run on.
    I'm not sure where it is but Mark J linked to a document covering this fairly recently.

It'll be irrelevant for me as I'm going to dust off the Jaaaagggggg.
    It's probably so slow I'll end up running some utterly curve-ball strategy like I had to in the V12 Aston...

7. Vasilis Doumanas

I have tried it already Henri, i have the minimum settings at graphics and 7 cars vsibility. The cpu i have now it can handle about 20 cars on grid, on 22 cars the cpu occupancy goes over 99% and then i have big lag.. I have a ryzen 3 2200g cpu and i am waiting a ryzen 5 3500x in a couple of days.. I went off topic now lol..

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

I'm impressed to be honest Vasilis - my old 4790K struggled with more than 6 cars even paired with my 1070GTX :eek:
    How the hell 2200g could run ACC so well is beyond me!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Vasilis Doumanas

I really dont know Tim, believe it or not, this is my pc setup that i was raced at GT4 class so far. A 2200g ryzen 3 paired with an RX570 4gb and 8 gm memory ram.. I am running ACC with low graphics settings at 1600x900 and 7 cars visibility.. Of course its not so smooth, i am having about 40-45 maximum fps at races with these settings and probably this is a bit step back on my driving. When about practice, i can change graphics setup to medium and having a smoother and better visibility. Imagine, this setup is based on a 370W psu :eek::eek::eek: (is my very old psu since a newer i had, unfortunately fried :p). My new cpu just arrived today, is a ryzen 5 3500x (a 3600x was beyond my budget) and i am waiting another 4gb memory and a 650W PSU on monday.. I cant go further with a better graphics card or a better cpu since my budget is unfortunately low and i am saving money to get a used playseat challenge to cmplete my ..imitation rig :p

I am impressed how the hell an 4790k I7 couldnt handle more than 6 cars??!!:eek::confused: It supposed to have a huge difference with an ryzen 3 2200g.. I am speechless..

10. Rob Milliken

Yes, The race is scheduled to be broadcast by Eike ..

11. Rob Milliken

If you can survive the form lap & first lap or 2 (remember its 1 full form lap at spa) the field will then spread out & your PC won't have such a big load on it. Spa is large and spread out so you might be ok !

12. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Cool! He;s fixed his PC? (I now feel guilty as I kept forgetting to chuck something in his tip jar :oops: )

13. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

I'm still running a 4790K at 4Ghz, but I have a 2080ti on triple screens and I can run night and rain with most settings up at epic. Average is over 60. At start of races I might drop down to 30s. This game does like CPU but it likes graphics card more! :-D

So can I get this straight? This is 8:00pm UK time not 7:00pm like I've been telling the other half? So it will finish after 11pm?!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

Correct, it starts 7:15 GMT, but for us it starts 8:15 in BST

Wow my 1080 on triples will sit around 70fps but i've got most settings on medium

• Like Like x 1
  15. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

The 2080ti was a MASSIVE leap over my previous GTX970 SLIs (2 of them). I haven't changed my CPU in 6-7 years now! Would be nice, but can't justify it when the 4790k is still doing ok for me as it would be new motherboard and CPU and cooler etc, etc.

16. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

I think if you get like 5600x cpu, you can get at least double fps in this game. But if you have 60hz monitors, it doesn't matter.

17. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Apologies for the random post! lol

I did want to do this as I've had ACC on the PC for over a year and have yet to drive on it, partly because I've been mainly racing on RF2 but also my old PC simply couldn't cope with this title and only since I got the new one can I run decent FPS on it.

So I would love to join you all but I can see me either accidently running out of fuel, screwing up my pitstop, or getting in someone's way, I don't want to be a road block (especially during a 24 cycle).

Good luck to everyone and hopefully I can join in on some of these races soon (once I've done some laps!) :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

I think it was the VR that was killing me in ACC. It ran pretty much everything else at the fullest of full detail :)
    And prices for the 4790k were so high when I upgraded that all the parts I had to sell covered more than half the cost of my new Ryzen 7 system (£150 for a 10 year old processor and £100 for the motherboard alone! :eek:
    I built the GF an office pc - from scratch - for her business with a Ryzen 5 3400G in it at the same time for under £300, and similar performance to the old Intel - It's mad!
    With that said I just looked on ebuyer to remember what I bought and notice that everything is MUCH more expensive now....

19. Rob Milliken

Great @Andrew! You're always welcome to join. You could start in the back if you feel uncomfortable in traffic. I will be back there because I'm slow & Cruzing in the Jag:D, My goal is to simply finish! !~! The 24hr cycle is a Beautiful thing in ACC so it should be nice on your new sys !, You could hang until your first pit stop and simply park it if it's to hairy. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Rob Milliken

I'm also running the 1080. Good card from that series! I'm on a single 50" in 4k & its stable @60fps but dips at the starts and in replay a bit but not bad at all ! . My next upgrade I'm going with the ryzen 9 & the 3080:rolleyes: trying to get a 3080 but it's next to impossible right now. I'm waiting to get the vid card first then the new mobo & ryzen 9. Its all sitting in my Newegg new pc build & wish list folder. But no 30 series at all ..& scalpers are getting $2k for 3080's on Amazon right now $3k+ for a 3090! bastards buying everything up with their bots :eek: .. Newegg keeps me posted on price drops so I can pull the trigger on the mobo & chip if its too good to pass up, until then I wait for the vid card shortage to come to an end .. but it doesn't look good right now o_O