Project Cars 2 Formula Renault Eurocup

Discussion in 'Formula Renault Eurocup Closed' started by Kenny Press, May 2, 2020.

1. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

2. Nigel Middleton

I have purchased PC2 will try and enter some of the races.

First impression very good.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Glad you like it. Some cars are better than others but as I mentioned previously from an immersion point of view it’s easily one of the best. Pouring rain at Spa, in a GT3. You just can’t see anything in the spray. Haha.

Entirely up to you but the Classic Le Mans track and cars pack is brilliant. Ok I understand the handling is not very realistic as the Porsche 917 and the Ferrari would’ve been on crossply (corrected!) tyres but even so it looks amazing. Sand banks and hay bales. Who needs health and safety in the 60’s/70's. Lol

Last edited: May 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Weren't they still crossplies in those days? :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

yes. Sorry my mistake...too tired. Lol

6. Nigel Middleton

Had a go offline in the Renault 3500.
    Good to drive, I can't find were you add or take fuel out in the menu.

I see you can setup a pit strategy like all games.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

In setup I think it's under the Engine/ECU/Gearing Tab.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url...ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCIig_83irOkCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAc

In the races I don't believe the Renault 3.5 cars had refuelling IRL so they wouldn't have it here on the game.

8. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

9. Nigel Middleton

I did find out how to add and take fuel out.
    Looking forward to the championship.

10. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson Pro Driver Donator

Hi
    Just enter my first race here at SRO a bit rusty with PC2
    have some days to shape up. What can possible go wrong :rolleyes:;)
    See you all on track

11. Ken Jagger

Hi and welcome to SRO Bjorn :) You're not alone in being unfamiliar with PC2, especially in online races, as my experience is pretty limited too, along with a few of the other guys who will be running. I reckon it will be a voyage of discovery in managing the race and systems for many of us.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

The one thing I would recommend is please practice with the pits system. It works well but you really need to make sure you confirm your actions.
    On both races on here and in Race Department, the number of cars that ran out of fuel or forgot to repair damage, etc. ruined a lot of people’s races.

otherwise I can’t think of much else, usual stuff, make sure you can find your way around the UI , etc.

The one major issue I have, but that’s because I use a gaming laptop that I plug in each time, the game forgets my wheel and pedals every time I connect the laptop, doesn’t do that in other sims. So I have to re-calibrate, do the control settings, etc. bit of a pain but hey ho. Haha.

13. Ken Jagger

PC2 does have a few annoying idiosyncrasies like:

Difficulty in navigating the in car menus when trying to race.
    Only having one game controller settings profile and automatically saving it whether you want to or not.
    The same with car setup, you cannot make a change, test it and then save it if you like. You have to save the change before testing it. Yes there are ways around that by creating a new setup name, but hey why make it so tortuous in the first place.
    Ridiculous track "excursion" penalty system. One tyre over a white line, never mind exceeding it, can give you a slow-down or else message.

Despite all these foibles and more there is a very nice sim running under the skin, so in spite of my comments I do like it. :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

oh yes I’d forgotten about that. Haha.
    I seem to remember either on here or RD I think we switched it off? It was causing too many problems. Say you half spin under braking and catch the grass, you usually get a penalty or warning for it. Depends on the track as well oddly.

mind you it’s not the only one of course. Raceroom’s system can be pretty mean too.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson Pro Driver Donator

Is there a mandatory pit stop ?
    Are we to choose livery´s?
    Looking forward to at last have some racing with PC2 a great sim in my mind.
    I have mostly done Raceroom and Asseto Corsa some ACC.
    See you all tomorrow:)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ken Jagger

No mandatory stops as they are only 20 min races Bjorn :). Kenny hasn't said to choose a livery, so I assume you can go with what you want.

17. Kornelijus Jasiunas

Kornelijus Jasiunas Pro Driver

when and where do we join?

18. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Hi Guys, I'm really sorry but due to some pressure to get work complete I'm unable to race tonight, sorry to let you down.

I'll certainly be there for the other rounds, a shame as I really enjoy racing this car :(

Hope you have a good race.

19. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

20. Kornelijus Jasiunas

Kornelijus Jasiunas Pro Driver

I have already join and registered me and my friends dont know if its still on