General Discussion

Discussion in 'Project Cars' started by Nigel Middleton, Jun 20, 2017.

1. David Taylor-Piggot

David Taylor-Piggot Pro Driver

Think its cause i got an oculus rift and been setting it up all day i went to sleep with motion sickness lol

2. Edward Jones

Edward Jones Pro Driver Donator

I don't understand how you're changing the gearing. In my gearing there is no option to change Final Drive, it is locked. The gears available are only 6. There are 2.26, 1.72, 1.37, 1.13, .096, and .082. To adjust any gear would just make it the same as the next or previous gear.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  3. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

I don't change final drive individual gears.

4. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Sorry guys I have to pull out of this series , my new work hours start this week and I can't make the time slot anymore ..
    (unless its changed to Mondays ! ;-)

5. Kenny Press

Kenny Press Administrator Staff Member Donator

No wonder I had no pace during practice, qual and race start, game had put me on intermediates even though I started practice on slicks! 20170711220151_1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nigel Middleton

Round 3 Race 1 Oulton Park

My pace was better than I expected got in to 3rd behind Roger, but made a couple of mistakes changing down to quick that spun me off the track so had to play catch up again.

Not like you Kenny to be off the pace at least it give the rest of us a chance :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nigel Middleton

Sims do some odd things at times.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kenny Press

Once I changed tyres to the correct ones I was back on pace ;) 20170711220159_1.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  9. Nigel Middleton

Round 3 Race 2 Oulton Park Island

Another fun packed race fighting with Roger for the whole race for 3rd bumper to bumper had to settle for 4th in the end just could not get passed, Car did just not have enough power to get passed another 20 horses would of been ideal :)

Grats Kenny on the win

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kenny Press

Got disconnected from the server during the warm up, good job you can still re-join but lost my qual laptime. Was fun battling hard on track :) Sorry if I was a little robust, very easy to slide these cars! Never thought I would catch Gerhard up as I went on 2 wheels again causing me to run wide at the next corner, losing a lot of time. Then with 2 laps to go I noticed the gap coming down quite fast so I started pushing again. Last corner blast to the line and according to my replay I was actually behind over the grid spots but to be honest I have no idea where the finish line is as there is no markings.

By the way Gerhard it was starting to rain at the end which is where your peformance was going. I didn't know it was starting and I bet no one else did either ;)
    20170712215758_1.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  11. Roger Hinds

Roger Hinds Pro Driver

I thought I could see rain, but wasn't sure. Grats Kenny.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

Boy oh boy, what a race at Oulton Park, second one.

Kenny was very fast and on pole, my target was P2 as maximum.
    When we started i was very surprised to be on pole ??? (didnt know he lost it by moving out at warmup)
    I was astonished, forgot to concentrate and lost 2 positions. - good morning....
    Big luck for me, first and second had a touch in corner 1 and i slipped through between them.
    From now on i pushed really hard, i knew Kenny will be on attack.
    But i was very focused and 3 laps to the end i was 6 seconds ahead. I was convinced to bring that baby home.
    Wrong!!! Not the rain stopped me, but my G27 wheel. Suddenly it turned to the left 90 degrees, so i had to drive the last laps
    with sloping steering -horrific. My shirt was wet, my nerves down. It was very tight and Kenny got me in a photo-finish after the
    last corner. He won with 0,01 sec ahead-unbelievable!! But well done mate, i saw him pushing 110 %, he deserved it a lot.

After the race i checked everything, it was no error of the pcars game, it was a bug with my wheel, i had to restart it.

Looking forward to the next races, this cars a really fun to drive, hope we can extend the grid.

13. Nigel Middleton

Silverstone National

Have to pull out will not be home in time cu all on track tomorrow for race 2
    Have fun

14. David Taylor-Piggot

Edit

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2017
  15. Nigel Middleton

Race 2 Silverstone National

Close racing as always, after the rain stopped went in to the pits not a clue what to do never thought I would need to do a pit stop lost a lot of time.

16. Roger Hinds

Roger Hinds Pro Driver

hi Nigel, pcar you have to setup a pitstop and save it before the race. then as you enter the pits it asks you to choose the saved pitstop strategy and then close it. it then loads your fuel and tires

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Roger Hinds

Roger Hinds Pro Driver

just watched my reply and I came second, but results say 3rd. ?

18. Kenny Press

The pit stops in this game aren't very clear on what to do, thats what happened to me at Brands when I went 2 laps down, took a while to figure out what to do.

Well that race was fun, did the practice when it was raining on slicks to see how they handle but during warm up I was still undecided which tyre to use. So glad to risk the wrong ones at the start, slipping and sliding everywhere. Once they started to get some heat the grip slowly came to them. I never expected to win as I was a good distance behind once it started drying up. Tyres were just about destroyed by race end!

For those that don't know the weather is set to random but what I will do next race is post what the weather will be as you have to do it manually random. The in game "random" option always sets it to thunderstorm.

19. Nigel Middleton

Results for Silverstone race 1 & 2 will be posted, Pcars results take more time as they have to be input manually.
    I hope they have improved the results system they use and made it a lot easier in PCars 2

• Like Like x 1
  20. David Taylor-Piggot

No you didnt come 2nd i did..