rFactor 2 General discussion

Discussion in 'The Honey Jar - F1 1979 Closed' started by John vd Geest, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen Pro Driver

Rui, we're not talking about rules here. The rules are clear and will not be changed. Whatever I say has no effect on that. What I hope to achieve is that the top drivers don't hitch a ride in the best car in order to (1) create a more diverse field as the pretty much all-Williams field at Zolder looked ridiculous and (2) to level the playing field a slight little bit for the midpackers and backmarkers.

Yes, there is a 'risk' that some of the top drivers will still take the Williams - again, because there are no rules against it - and they may slap you in the face with it, but if some decide not to take it, others might follow suit. And let's face it: are you really going to be proud of a Williams-induced win in a field of Copersucars? I very much doubt it. So, I hope you don't mind I poke you around a bit and persuade you to go for any other than the Williams. :p

2. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Pro Driver

I agree with the first part of your comment, i would really like to choose another car... if rules were like that! That way you could have a diverse car field, but i'm afraid people won't change it or we risk too many people choosing the Tyrell for example, instead of a full field of Williams you'll have a full field of Tyrrell's and Williams, so that way you'll have same problem :D

The issue here is the major differences between cars, and the best driver with worse car won't make miracles...

Like i've said, in future i hope we'll be able to do a proper rule championship so the field would be much diverse than we're having now ;)

3. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen Pro Driver

Well, the thing is, the Williams is kind of lonely at the top, right now. Below it are a range of cars that all have some significant deficiences, which means people's second pick will not be as obvious as their first pick.
    • Renault has an awesome engine with supreme top speed, but also excessive fuel consumption.
    • Ferrari has a great engine two, with great acceleration, but it's hard to handle.
    • Alfa Romeo teams also have a nice engine, but the way it kicks in can be hard to predict or control.
    • Ford Cosworth teams lack power, but have a smooth engine that consumes efficiently and some actually have great handling and downforce.
    I may not be able to produce the exact numbers and performance rankings, but if the Tyrell is in there for second, then so are Lotus, Ligier, Renault, Ferrari and Brabham, not mentioning cars I've hardly or never touched. There are definitely cars in there that will fall behind. I drove the Shadow and, though it provides a fun drive, it's not up there, but there are plenty filling the broad subtop right below Williams. I very much doubt there's going to be a two- or three-car field if even only some people drop the Williams.

In the end it's up to you. Be my guest and bring the Williams again. I'm looking forward to challenging you in something else. :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Pro Driver

Which driver just quit championship? There's one less registered!

5. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen Pro Driver

I think four of them left because we went from 27 to 23. It might have been an admin removing people that haven't fronted their contribution to the Honey Jar. ;)

EDIT: I was looking at the standings. 25 are registered where there were 27 earlier.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  6. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

You are spot on Yoeri

7. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

That was Fahn Thomas.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen Pro Driver

I'm afraid Dijon was my last race in the series, for now. Haven't been able to make time to prepare for tonight and races further down the line clash with the Dutch Nationals I'm registered for. Unless things go south dramatically on that end, I'll will not be attending here.

Thanks for organising. I've had a blast and definitely look forward to driving more 60s or 70s championships. Perhaps I'll jump in a future series here.

9. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Hope it wont take another 10years to see you on track ;)

10. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen Pro Driver

Haha, indeed! ;)

11. John vd Geest

There were no protests, so the final results can be publiced;

But first ... I want to thank each and everyone for taking part in this series and making it a great show.
    There were some problems with the starts in the beginning, but I think I have that covert for the next Honey Jar Series;
    Besides that, I think all other stuff went well and we didn't recieve a single protest, so that shows a good racing additude among all.

And now ... the final standings.

CONGRATULATIONS TO THESE TOP 10 FINISHERS OF THE F1 1979 HONEY JAR SERIES !!!

[​IMG]

THEY HAVE WON THE FOLLOWING PRIZEMONEY;

1 place € 74,67 - Dino Paolini
    2 place € 56,00 - Paulo Lima
    3 place € 42,00 - Michal Mazurek
    4 place € 32,67 - Bret Metcalf
    5 place € 23,33 - John van der Geest
    6 place € 16,80 - Nick Phillips
    7 place € 12,13 - Luis Moreno
    8 place € 9,33 - Mark Hightree
    9 place € 7,47 - Rui Santos
    10 place € 5,60 - Rob Milliken

Nigel Middleton, staffmember SRO, will transfer the prizes as soon as possilbe to you're PAYPAL account.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Pro Driver

Thanks for the series John, shame i couldn't do the entire championship... anyway i managed to win 7€ WOOOOW, lol!

Thank you very much!

13. John vd Geest

haha, you'll get a other change soon with a new Honey Jar Series :)

14. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Pro Driver

If it's in F3 in AC maybe i have the chance to win the first prize, lool :D

15. Luis Moreno

Luis Moreno Pro Driver

Thank you for the Series John. Sad on myself missing out 3 races (2 because of a conflicting series, 1 because of a new work schedule), but still happy to get some returns :). Congrats to Dino for the Championship

Hope we can have another Honey Jar again soon :)

16. John vd Geest

I'm pretty sure that's not going to be it :p, although I like AC. Wouldn't mind doing the GT1 mod from RSS.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. John vd Geest

Thanks Luis.

For next time, there are 2 rF2 mods I have my eye on:
    1) F1 1996 league version
    2) F1 1975 league version

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bret Metcalf

Bret Metcalf Pro Driver

I echo the compliments above regarding the Honey Jar series, great success imo and great entertainment.

1975 LE sounds good to me:)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Paulo Lima

Paulo Lima Pro Driver

I would go with the Formula Renault 3.5, but that's just me... the best OW mod in any SIM, IMO.
    With a carefully chosen list of tracks with DRS, what a series it would make.

Between the 1975 and 1996, I would definitely go with the 1975

My two cents

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. John vd Geest

I would prefer the F1 1975 aswell.
    You do know that the LE edition has a bug. If you turn the steeringwheel, the whole thing moves from left to right in your cockpit.
    You would have to turn visible steering wheel off. All the rest is fine, excelent even.

• Like Like x 1