Assetto Corsa General info & rules

Discussion in 'Lola T70 MarkII Challenge Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Louis Defor

Louis Defor Pro Driver

Thanks for your suggestions! I removed the leather cover, but this did not seem to help. Raising the de-bounce did help though. I might try the WD40 (can't hurt) but there really seems to be no physical movement (or lack thereof) involved. My guess is that one of the sensors is not working properly.

As for tonight's race, I seem to have the wrong version of Zandvoort on my machine. Not sure where I got it from, so I can't update and I wouldn't have the time now anyway. I'll be around for the race in two weeks, with some practice as well. Good luck tonight!

2. Louis Defor

Louis Defor Pro Driver

I just did the same, and guess what? Works like new. I aimed at the potentiometers/sensors; some crud must have accumulated there. This WD40 stuff is magic! Thanks for the suggestion :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Excellent. If I get Covid I'm going to cover myself with the stuff. If Trump had gone with WD40 instead of bleach he would have saved the world ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

What every spaceman-woman HAS TO take taking off for ISS :
    efead85db7f6a62f73ac36a9b5060a74.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

Rofl

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
  6. Dag Johnsen

Dag Johnsen Pro Driver

Hi guys.

Im following this series on youtube and I downloaded the carset but I cant get the Ford to work. The spyder shows up in-game but not the Ford. Am I missing something?

Great series btw , very watchable and good racing.

• Like Like x 1
  7. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

8. Dag Johnsen

Dag Johnsen Pro Driver

Hi John

I dont use a content manager and just extracted both folders into the cars folder. Tried to extract again in case something went wrong the first time but havent checked if it works yet. According to the read-me that is all that is required so lets hope its just a extraction bug.

Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  9. John vd Geest

Yeah, look at the folder structure when you unzip it. Then you'll see what to do.

10. Dag Johnsen

Dag Johnsen Pro Driver

Still no Ford version. I got two KNS files in each folder that are the same name. Not sure if one of them should be called something with Ford.

As of now I will just have to make due with the Spyder Lola.

11. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

Hello,

Couldn't the problem just be that you're looking for a dedicated in-game Ford car menu ? It's not working like that for this one : as both cars are very similar, they've been associated so that you'll find the Ford engined one by clicking the spanner button :

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dag Johnsen

Dag Johnsen Pro Driver

Ah.. and there it was.

Many thanks my good man! All good now.

Dont really know my way around with this sim yet.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. John vd Geest

14. Dag Johnsen

Dag Johnsen Pro Driver

Thanks for the invite John.

Mondays arent the best days for me and since Ive been away from this for a while now Im unsure if I even can figure out how to drive this thing with the config you guys run in the races so I think Im gonna sit this one out.

I like the historic series you guys do and its a good way to find new (old) carsets and old tracks.

GLA!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

And prepare yourself for the next series, it will be Ferrari 250 GTO :rolleyes:

16. John vd Geest

Btw, that is not a League series, but a series Jos Ogos won as the champion of the Best Fantasy Track series.
    The car mod and tracks are his choice.
    https://simracingonline.co.uk/racing/seriesinfo/248

17. Dag Johnsen

Dag Johnsen Pro Driver

What are the setup regs and such for this Lola Ford series? Free to setup as we want?

Im in the middle of two gpl leagues but if I can find the time and put in some practice I will sign up for the remainder of the season. Should however someone else come along then by all means dont wait for me or hold that spot for me.

18. John vd Geest

Correct, free setup.

19. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

Indeed John, I know this. :)

• Like Like x 1