General info & Series Rules

Discussion in 'Best Fantasy Tracks Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Matteo Santini

Matteo Santini Pro Driver

I'll sign up for some races in future, but I'm already sure to miss the first one. We're still under fuxxing curfew in Italy, but I'm trying to meet some people from time to time until 22.00 pm during the week ends. So Friday will never be a good day for simracing for my taste, especially when our government will decide to release us :D

2. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Not even if you get a chance to make your own Assetto Corsa series and win 25 euro's as the series champion?
    Whoever wins this is going to have a field day. He can choose all the cars and the tracks for the next series ON A THURSDAY.

3. Matteo Santini

I love simracing and applied democracy, like that you often use here, and not that thing we experience every day in real life. So I love when you puts things up to vote and I hate the idea that someone alone will have the chance to "dictate" the rules for the next champ, but I'm not angry with you anyway :D

Evenmore, having followed a bit this fantastic "environment" of simracing online in various countries, I deeply regret the introduction of money prize in a simracing champ. To be honest, I've never signed up in an online championship that allows you to win money or PC parts, like often happens in Italy. There's an high risk to be invaded by an army of howler monkeys :D

I'm only in search of a group of fair drivers that knows how to drive on a track. My only target is to have fun and a fair competition. That's it :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. John vd Geest

LOL, it's there to persuade drivers to sign up by the lack of it haha!

Well, it's an extra series outside of the AC league. You guys are often talking about wanting to do more AC events. But I can't handle another series that includes voting mods, voting tracks, poll after poll etc. It's too time-consuming.
    Now the winner can just say ... I want this and this. And it's finished within 1 minute. And if you don't like it, then you still got the league series.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

I admit I'm not comfortable at all with that neither. I would have understood a "x3 vote weight" for the winner for every next series votes (and then why not x2 for the 2nd ?) or something like that (or x4 ; x3 and x2 for 1st, 2nd and 3rd) but this unilateral freedom of choice for the following series doesn't get my "like"..
    Then about the money, it may be even worse imho, I mean, I don't think the most controversial discussions around the series do need such a money price in addition. I think it's sometimes hot enough not to let us being overwhelmed by money, even if it's a quite modest price.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
  6. John vd Geest

Don't worry Maxime, if it's not for you then just walk on by. The series is not meant to be taken seriously. It's just racing for fun. That's all. If you don't like it, that's fine too.

7. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

Don't get me wrong, John, I'm all for this serie, I was just explaining why I quite agree with @Matteo Santini on this particular topic, however I will take the fun of the series and drive with you with pleasure. I do appreciate your organizing efforts too. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

I think we are too spoiled with all the content that is available for AC.. It would be so much easier if we only had 10 tracks and 20 cars :D

Having said that, I'm off to try that historic Laguna Seca :p Those historic tracks always look so awesome!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Matteo Santini

I surely understand your point and I really appreciate your effort in organizing these events John.
    I guess that it wouldn't be so difficult for you to put up only 1 poll with the most popular mods voted in the other thread. We have a lot of options by looking at that discussion. And, without any intent to be arrogant, will always be a wise move that of having the consunsus of the majority in keeping an high numbers of drivers during your events.

Talking about the chance to give the power to only one person to decide for everyone, pass me this joke: Throughout history I have seen more mad tyrants than enlightened despots :D:D:D

10. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Democrazy is not working...its old school ( like some thousands of years ) and after they invented television, it lost rest of what it had.

11. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

Is this a warning that if you win this series we might go through Reliant Robin or Citroën 2cv, for instance @ Spa '66, Le Mans no chicane, etc ?.. :p :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Matteo Santini

It's just one of the label that the elite in power of any epoque invented to let us feel important when we count 0, if we want to talk about politics :)

Leave us the dream of applying the principles of that sistem at least in this fairy world of simracing :D:D:D

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Matteo Santini

6 events with the FIAT PANDA @Col de Joux

0 - 100 km/h 18.27 seconds

400m in 20.60 secs - @ 105 km/h
    1000m in 39.11 secs @124 km/h
    2000m . V Max 136 km/h

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Kimi Martikainen

Kimi Martikainen Pro Driver

Are you mind reader? 2CV @ le Mans, plenty of time to have pique-nique when blasting thru Mulsanne...I'm in!

15. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

anyone else find this car disappointing??
    no brakes and big understeer.

pity as it looks and sounds amazing and is my 2nd fav Ferrari

16. Filip Stoyanovich

Filip Stoyanovich Pro Driver

@Karl Steeg
    You and also pretty much everyone else was disappointed back in 1995 hahah Some think that it came too late. Still, this was a pure driver's car. Don't forget that you don't have racing tires here. And without TC and ABS, with very stiff suspension, there was some understeer compared to F40. On the contrary, its brakes were very powerful and too easy to lock up, so need to get used to all of it and learn to control it. It was (as well as this one we race) faster than the F40 and Diablo. Too bad there's no street version of McLaren F1 to compare in AC. That was F50s main rival but the F50 wasn't able to win against it.

What's disappointing is the number of entrants in the championship and I think it's a good move to give out some incentive for more drivers to join. As far as the championship and those rewards, no one should worry about me. I'm just here to see it go on track and in AC. I might as well run only a couple of races.

17. John vd Geest

I'm sure if you win it, you will set us up with a good mod and tracks for the next series. :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

yeah rater disappointing.
    the F40 handles alot better.
    im not finding the lack of abs or tc the issue.
    braking without lockup still takes me too long to slow down, not even stop.

if the car was better, the amount of entrants would be better.
    the tracks are alot of fun, even in BTCC cars.

19. Filip Stoyanovich

Hm, I don't have issues with locking up after some laps around. But did you try changing the brake power in the garage to something you might prefer? That was added to the car sometime ago to make it a bit more flexible for race track use.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Filip Stoyanovich

Another thing on low number of entries, besides this car being difficult and not being really friendly for VR, Friday nights racing might be the reason too.

• Agree Agree x 1